Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jf59

Level-D or CLS 767

One more question, could some people who have either of these products or both give me their reccomendation of which one is better and maybe some pros and cons of each? It would be greatly appreciated because I'm not sure which one to buy. I'm using FSX. Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

One more question, could some people who have either of these products or both give me their reccomendation of which one is better and maybe some pros and cons of each? It would be greatly appreciated because I'm not sure which one to buy. I'm using FSX. Thanks!
level-d .... just a great plane

Before I say anything, I need to tell you that I have the CLS 767 only. Both aircraft cater to 2 different markets. The Level D is for those who are serious about systems. The CLS is more of a get-up-and-fly type of plane with great visuals. The CLS also includes the 767-200. Don't forget the other option...the Captain Sim 767...no comment on that since I don't know much about it.

No brainer. Level-D for sure. Sure the CLS is easier to get up in the air but the level D has a great tutorial and is very, very well thought out executed.

How do the FPS and visual quality compare between the two? And does the CLS have cabin crew announcements or is that just a Level-D thing?

The CLS is better visually and the VC is better aswell IMO. FPS are good for both models, I think the CLS tops out just a little higher then the LVLD. No cabin crew on the CLS bird though...

The CLS is better visually and the VC is better aswell IMO. No cabin crew on the CLS though...
How are the frames for you?

You got to my post before I could edit it! ;) Frames are really great in both! The LVLD has more in-depth systems, so frames are only slightly lower then the CLS. It all depends on your system. Do you have any other CLS products?

Level-D. Period.It is as realistic as you choose. You can get in and fly or you can carefully execute a real flight plan.The main reason to get the LDS767 is because the CLS is NOT a native FSX aircraft. Why any of you guys pay for FS9 planes for your FSX is beyond me.

I would say, if you get the CLS 767 and start to love the plane, you'll wish you had the LD 767.I'm so disgusted with Captain Sim , I wouldn't go near their 767.BobKMEMwww.flyworldva.com

Level-D. Period.It is as realistic as you choose. You can get in and fly or you can carefully execute a real flight plan.The main reason to get the LDS767 is because the CLS is NOT a native FSX aircraft. Why any of you guys pay for FS9 planes for your FSX is beyond me.
Once again....BOTH products cater to DIFFERENT markets. Not all of us want to take the time to set up an FMC and sit through 6 hour flights....

My issue with the LD 767 is the cockpit and exterior model don't look as good as the CLS from what I've seen. Also since I'm not really into spending an hour sitting on the ground programming my aircraft, I'm leaning more towards the CLS. Thanks everyone for the input.

My issue with the LD 767 is the cockpit and exterior model don't look as good as the CLS from what I've seen. Also since I'm not really into spending an hour sitting on the ground programming my aircraft, I'm leaning more towards the CLS. Thanks everyone for the input.
Not that it matters at this point if your have already made your mind up, but you can start a flight with the LDS 767 with it already running so you dont have to spend time setting it up. If you want you can just get in, drop a few notches of flaps and take off, if your not interested in the realism it provides.Like one of the other posters said, if you get the CLS version and then get to the point where you want more realism as far as procedures go, then you will be stuck and have to buy another plane. Where as you can fly the LDS simply like you want, or you can fly it by the book using it from cold and dark, best of both worlds imho.

Once again....BOTH products cater to DIFFERENT markets. Not all of us want to take the time to set up an FMC and sit through 6 hour flights....
I keep hearing this from people who have never got past page 1 of a FMC document... here are the facts.1. Unless you have the mental age of a 2 year old you can setup the FMC in any of the complex jets in under 10 mins, probably less then five if you cut corners. You don't need a degree in quantum physics.2. It's your choice to sit through a six hour flight, nothing to do with LVLD or CLS

I have three 767s. I'm really enjoying the CLS's flight model at the moment. It's quite tricky, and rewards keeping ahead of the aeroplane. You won't regret going for it. It looks good and sounds good too. The LDS is certainly a classic, but you might want to wait for the forthcoming 757, which should be outstanding.. Ian

I have LVD and CS 767. I don't have CLS.Level-D for sure!I won't buy anything from Captain Sim again. Their products are buggy (like VS not working, AP not working and such basic stuff broken) and their customer service is just terrible.

I'm not so sure that the Lvl-d is all that difficult to setup and program. With a basic understanding of flight programming on Boeings, you can be up and flying in 10 minutes. You can also download pre-programmed flight plans at simroutes.com. But if you prefer the external looks and the VC is better in the CLS. But to me I think the the external is quite good on the level-d, and if you add a mcphat to it (particularly the AA texture) and it all good.

The VC in the Level D just doesn't look that impressive. Also, the Level-D is only the 763 ER right? Versus the CLS is the 762/763/763 ER?

I have three 767s. I'm really enjoying the CLS's flight model at the moment. It's quite tricky, and rewards keeping ahead of the aeroplane. You won't regret going for it. It looks good and sounds good too. The LDS is certainly a classic, but you might want to wait for the forthcoming 757, which should be outstanding..Ian
Level-D is making a 757? Could you send me the link because there aren't any good 757s out there right now and that would be great.