Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

FSUIPC - Registered Version

Most of us would have the freeware version of FSUIPC installed.I was wondering what are the benefits, in a standalone FS9 install, of having the registered version?

Most of us would have the freeware version of FSUIPC installed.I was wondering what are the benefits, in a standalone FS9 install, of having the registered version?
I am also curious, as a non registerd user, i would like to know why to register?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I am also curious, as a non registerd user, i would like to know why to register?
As a registered user I am able to use the button/ key assignment pages; the axis assignment and calibration pages and the mouse macro function. There are many more options, have a look on the FSUIPC forum http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54

Peter Schluter

This question comes up from time to time -- Have you done a search on Pete Dowson's web page? The payware version of FSUIPC is consistently the No. 1 seller at Simmarket.com, the international retail website for flight simmer's and has been No. 1 for years. Aside for the flexibility it provides and the above mentioned (massive number of) keyboard programming it provides, I have forgotten all of the things that it does for me in the background -- without EVER having to be reset or reprogrammed. IHMO, if you're serious about flight simming you should buy it. If you have more than one computer you should spring for WideFS as well.

HelloJust download the documentation and have a read through.seriously there is too much to relay here, would be a really long post.

OK I understand that FSUIPC enables "outside" interfacing with the sim.And I've assumed that the payware version was for developers who needed to go outside the sim limits to implement certain features of their product. Thing is, I've had FS9 since inception, with hundreds if not thousands of addons, and never seen a need to change or improve any of the interfaces.If I feel driven to fly on a LAN (I don't) I can install FS9 on another computer at any time; I find my joystick button controls way exceed my requirements, and so on... So clearly I would not "need" FSUIPC.Perhaps the question I mean to ask is:How do you use the payware version of FSUIPC to improve your sim experience?

OK I understand that FSUIPC enables "outside" interfacing with the sim.And I've assumed that the payware version was for developers who needed to go outside the sim limits to implement certain features of their product. Thing is, I've had FS9 since inception, with hundreds if not thousands of addons, and never seen a need to change or improve any of the interfaces.If I feel driven to fly on a LAN (I don't) I can install FS9 on another computer at any time; I find my joystick button controls way exceed my requirements, and so on... So clearly I would not "need" FSUIPC.Perhaps the question I mean to ask is:How do you use the payware version of FSUIPC to improve your sim experience?
Thank you wingz, We must think alike. I would love to see answers to your last question. Maybe give me a better understanding of what this program is all about.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest belga1

Hello,

How do you use the payware version of FSUIPC to improve your sim experience?
This some interesting options concerning weather settings .Regards.bye.gifGus.

Perhaps the question I mean to ask is:How do you use the payware version of FSUIPC to improve your sim experience?
Ok a few examples:1. I fly the F1 ATR. Some of the A/P controls and heading bug adjustment do not use the standard FS9 programming. This means I cannot assign a FS9 key combination to a yoke button. Without FSUIPC the only way to adjust the HDG bug is to use the mouse. With FSUIPC "mouse macro" function I can record my mouse clicks and assign that to my yoke rocker switch. The same for some of the A/P buttons.2. The Dreamfleet 727 has a great simulation of the old type autopilots. To switch A/P on you need to mouse click the aileron channel AND then the elevator channel. Using the FS9 "Z" key will not connect both. So I create two "mouse macros", one for each channel, and assign to a single yoke button so that the press of the button connects the first channel and the release of the button connects the second. This means one single click and release of a button turns on the A/P.3. If you have an aeroplane with a very sensitive ruder (most default a/c do), then delete the FS9 assignments and program through FSUIPC. You can not only select the travel and null zone that suits you, but importantly set a "slope" so that the first third of pedal movement (or joystick twist) has a very gentle action on the rudder, and as you press or twist further you get more progressive action. Result is no more weaving across the runway, and crosswind landings are accomplished with ease.As each aircraft is different you can assign aircraft specific profiles. This means when I switch from the ATR to the 727 there is no setting up needed, all the control settings are remembered.I could go on.....

Peter Schluter

HelloWhen you have a setup with lots of hardware switches that you want to program you will need the registered version.If you are happy clicking with the mouse and use the same joystick setup for every aircraft then you will be able to live without it.Fsuipc allows different control setups for each aircraft , conditional button programming , macro programming , controller response curves unique to each aircraft.Maybe one day you might have the need to run your support programs on another networked machine, weather tools , flight planners, ATC, moving maps ect.At that point you will need Fsuipc and WideFSThen consider that a huge amount of the hundreds even thousands of your addons most likely only function in the way they do because of Fsuipc doing its thing in the background. That in itself is the best reason you need to send Mr Dowson the small registration fee.

So far, no one has mentioned any of the dozens of other things that FSUIPC (registered) offers, such as......smoother transitions for winds aloft...everlasting battery (eliminates the problem of the battery dying so quickly)...inhibit poorly coded gauges that can block sequential keyboard command operations (such as Ctrl-E, 2)...smooth out "spikes" from axis controls (joystick/yoke/levers)These are the four that I've found most useful, but there are tons more! There's a reason why the manual is so huge... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I use the non-linear axis mapping to as an example the yaw axis is less sensitive in the center range than at the extremes. This allows me better nosewheel taxiing yet full rudder deflection when required from my peds. There also is a "tiller" function for a similar purpose that engages under a certain IAS.For FS9 you can assign a hot key to refresh AI traffic.For FS9 you can zap AI traffic within 20 degrees of your path on the ground if they are stuck in your way.There are for F9 some hot key functions you can assign not available for assignment in FS.You can get rid of multiple stroke key timing problems. I assigned CTRL-left arrow, right-arrow, and down-arrow to steered pushback functions.

Thanks all, that goes a long way to explaining what it's about.

Then consider that a huge amount of the hundreds even thousands of your addons most likely only function in the way they do because of Fsuipc doing its thing in the background. That in itself is the best reason you need to send Mr Dowson the small registration fee.
I agree: I drop a small donation to developers like Matthias Neusinger (for his Recorder Module) from time to time.But I wouldn't actually buy something I didn't want - my HDD is so full of stuff, I need a catalogue to catalogue all the catalogues in there...