Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Interesting discussion on FlyTampa forums

cannot agree with anyone who says FS9 is the future
Max, I don't think anybody says so. FS9 is the past for everyone and also the presence for many, including me.FSX is not the future either, at least not in the long term, as it is also formally dead. I am sure we will see a brand new sim platform in a few years.Like said above and many times before: both sims are different, alternative.What's more, if I wish, I can enjoy FS98 most. Why would anyone care?I hope these discussions will end soon and people will turn their precious time into simming.

Guest deltaflight
Well that reply was directed more to deltaflight due to his disrespectfull response to another member call him little buddy or something of that sort. Do I normally talk like that? No. Was I wrong in doing so? Perhaps, but I probably wouldn't have called him that if it wasn't for what he called that other guy. I am actually old not over 50 however, however I don't see anything wrong with any of my other posts. My attitude is fine thanks. I was just standing up for something I believe in.The point I was try to make to deltaflight, that he only posted a snip of my reply, was the nonsense he kept posting about what FSX can't do and I was simply saying that, yes it can do those things on my computer and that the generalizations he was making, while they might hold true for him, don't apply to everyone.In the future I hope that delta is more respectfull to others and quits with demeaning "little buddy" comments and the attitude that what ever he says is fact. The points I posted were just as valid as a user formerly of FS9 and now of FSX, even though I don't have a "motion simulator" hooked up to 9 computers in my living room.
That "Little Buddy" comment really dug your britches didn't it? Jimmy I did not mean to belittle anyone with that comment. After re-reading my comment, I see where some might think that I was "talking down" and for that I apologize. It is used commonly in my area as it was used in Gilligan's Island and means nothing more than "friend". A cultural thing I suppose. And good God, I hope you don't have a motion simulator in your living room.... LOLAgain, I'm sorry if my comment stepped out of bounds.All the best,Mitch

Yeah that was me that he refered to as little buddy. Thanks for trying to stand up for me, although its not necessary. As soon as I read thats guys response posted in the manner that is was, I disregarded what he was saying and figured he was probably just a teenager spouting off. I just left it at that and haven't posted since I dont like to stir the pot as they say, plus I dont have the time or energy to argue posts that just go back and fourth.
And to think that was used as a basis of an "understandable" hypothetical spit or punch in the face (but of course by someone else, not the poster... uh huh, sure). Nuts, absolutely nuts! :( All over which toy to play with!

And to think that was used as a basis of an "understandable" hypothetical spit or punch in the face (but of course by someone else, not the poster... uh huh, sure). Nuts, absolutely nuts! :( All over which toy to play with!
Hi Stephen,That was me and I tried to make a follow up post to explain. Apologies if the wording in my message came across wrong but the underlying message was a good one and I would hate to see it lost. I think you should go back and look at the context of the post as well as the follow up post where I said I did not condone it and even used it as an opportunity to poke fun at myself... Do not make more out of it than necessary, I always say my comments are not worth harping on, like the weatherman I am only right 10% of the time at best...With that being said, all I was trying to get across with that post rightly or wrongly was that people should speak to each other in the forums the same way they would in the real world as if the ramifications were exactly the same.I never said anyone deserved to be punched or spit on, I said that some people might be if they spoke to people in the real world as they did from behind a keyboard. So I apologize if my point did not come across correctly but it is really nothing worth harping on.Mitch has since come back and apologized and I find that entirely commendable and respect anyone who can see someone else's point of view and apologize if they might have upset them.I would prefer to focus on something like that than a stupid comment by me that can be turned into something much more than it was...Again, apologies if my message came across wrong but the underlying message was a good one and I would hate to see it lost.I really do believe the forums would be a different place if people stopped before they typed and said how would this sound if I was face to face and can it be misinterpreted. It is what so many of us have to do on a daily basis every time we send an email to a colleague, co-worker or in my case customer or prospect so the forums should be no different.I said this should not be about me and I wanted to respectfully bow out after my last post and will do so again, just wanted to clarify.Have a good night, all the best,Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul,We all say, write and do things we wish we had done differently. What makes us able to live with ourselves, and others, is not to have them held against us any more than we hold them against others. Thank you for taking the time to explain your intent. It is well between us then, as it should be between all of us who rely upon each other to make this hobby more fun and worthwhile.The best to you too,Stephen

That "Little Buddy" comment really dug your britches didn't it? Jimmy I did not mean to belittle anyone with that comment. After re-reading my comment, I see where some might think that I was "talking down" and for that I apologize. It is used commonly in my area as it was used in Gilligan's Island and means nothing more than "friend". A cultural thing I suppose. And good God, I hope you don't have a motion simulator in your living room.... LOLAgain, I'm sorry if my comment stepped out of bounds.All the best,Mitch
Well, I can't speak for jimburke, but since I am the one you called "little buddy", I can say that yes it struck a chord with me as you would see in my reply after you called me that, although I didn't go the extra step and call you chief or sport like jb did. So even though you weren't saying sorry to me for calling me that, I accept the fact that you apologized to jm. Hopefully he wont come back and call you a sport again, lol. In all my years I cant say that I have ever heard someone call someone else a sport or a chief, so thats a new one to me.I guess we all get a little hot when we are defending things we care about, which in this case, was our choice in sim platform. It's too bad that these discussions get to that point at times, but in a way it is refreshing that we all have a hobby that we all are so passionate about. Like I mentioned in my post when I replied to your comments, I am a low hour pilot, only 35 hours and a holder of a third class med, so I am close to taking the flight test, but sometimes I feel almost as passionate about simming as I do real world flying. Maybe its because its a lot cheaper, or knowing that I cant kill myself or anyone alse while doing it, but none the less I am really happy that we have flight sims, whether FS9 or FSX, to enjoy anytime we want.Regards.SeanBTW, I think a lot of us would be interested to see some pics of your motion sim. I have never seen a home built sim that had motion. Where do you keep it and how much space does it occupy?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest deltaflight
BTW, I think a lot of us would be interested to see some pics of your motion sim. I have never seen a home built sim that had motion. Where do you keep it and how much space does it occupy?
Sean, shoot me a PM and I will send you some pics.

Now, who hid that beerchug smiley ?
Yeah, I was looking for it too! I wonder where it's gone?Wolfgang

I would still like to hear from Ryan if what he said is PMDG's official statement regarding fs9 development of the 737.

Yeah, I was looking for it too! I wonder where it's gone?Wolfgang
I heard the mods thought the alcohol was getting us too rowdy so they took it away... :( :( Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Leaving all of the who runs which FS and why to others for debate, I would like to point out one thing I have noticed that has not been touched on. From any developers point of view: FS9 has been around for long enough that there is a very large commercial supply of scenery, environment, and aircraft etc. not to mention excellent free ware. With that said, I would suspect that most FS9'ers would look at what they have and say to themselves," do I really, ......., really need another bit of scenery or aircraft, ............, geeez I already all of these others. So can I justify buying more?" ( Granted some people feel the need to acquire every thing they see advertised. ) On the other hand FSx being a newer release has more sales potential for add on products because FSx is still maturing just as FS9 already has. So as a developer who is in it for profit the choice is obvious, concentrate on FSx. Now the short version: FS9; I have 35 payware aircraft, will I hurry to by another? FSx; I have 5 payware aircraft, will I hurry to by another?Maybe I looking at this from a skewed POV, or completely wrong but,..................Everyone notice how carefully I avoided stating which FS ver. I'm running?In my opinion, I am afraid that some potential developers of a 'future' Flying Simulation may read in these and all other forums about the negative, complaining, demanding, and demeaning attitudes of some and decide that it is just not worth the hassle and create another 1st person shooter instead.The FS9 vs FSx argument or the FSx vs FS9 argument if you prefer. Old fart wisdom to follow; read at your own risk! Way back when I was a kid my father and my uncle used to get into the most heated, red faced cursing, name calling debates over which was better Chevy or Ford. They were both convinced that there view was correct. But you know the fact is either got you where you wanted to go in the style you preferred.They also both broke down and they both rusted and they both needed to be replaced eventually. Get the analogy? End of old fart wisdom.Best regards to all,Mel

The reason that I can see is because said newer scenery/aircraft/etc. is much much better than the last last version. A prime example of this is the Simflyers KLAS. While it was great in its time, FSdreamteam's offering is 10x better. And it was ported from fsx to boot!Oh, and Chevy FTW :(

Oh my! I hope I haven't started another debate! This trolling and stirring the pot thing is easier than I thought. :( BTW JEEP. Only the highest grade pop cans are used, . . . . , mostly anyway.Regards,Mel

Come on guys, Americans cannot make cars.. there is only one, and thats the one Janis song about, a Mercedes Benz period.On the light note, I think that FSX developpers underestimate the power of FS9, since not all have fast enough computers for FSX. Most dont. Also, a few posts back someone told that almost everything is done for FS9, and that may be so, but a lot is severly outdated and incomplete. The devs learned a lot in the time between, and could do much better.I like to see an 742 for FS9 like the RFP but up to date and more complete for example, and the RFP is a real oldie!When we talk about jets, wat do we have in the LvlD and PMDG quality comparison ? not much! There is room enough left.Also, I noticed looking at the screenshot forums that most of the FSX shots are about GA aircraft.. I didnt saw much complex jets at a big airport with all bells and whistles.. I wonder why ?