Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Interesting discussion on FlyTampa forums

Hello,The original FS9 forum was renamed to FSX when the latest sim was released from Micorsoft, when members here asked to have their FS9 back a new forum was created. So most of the 420,000 posts within FSX are from FS9.
That is not a correct assumption. The old forum software used to track the statistics for all the forums/users-monthly/yearly etc.I haven't found a way to track them with the new software but I might have missed it.

Hi Geofa,Are you saying that out of the 420,000 posts in the FSX forum, none of them are ported over / left over from the old FS9 forum?. I was here during the changeover and I clearly remember the FS9 forum being converted/rennamed to an FSX forum when Microsoft released FSX, all AVSIM-FS9 posts were ported over to this renamed FSX forum. AVSIM later created a new FS9 forum due to numerous requests from AVSIM members and the new FS9 forum post count started at zero.

That is not a correct assumption. The old forum software used to track the statistics for all the forums/users-monthly/yearly etc.I haven't found a way to track them with the new software but I might have missed it.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

It stands for high dynamic range rendering. It gives the environment a more dynamic and HD look. FSX has that feature and is now avaliable as an option install for FS9! Try it, you will love it, I included a tweak also: http://www.2shared.com/file/11691643/a13a8...ight_Bloom.html
Josh, that link brings me to some kinda online game site and I never get the download? All I get is popups and other spam?

Hi Geofa,Are you saying that out of the 420,000 posts in the FSX forum, none of them are ported over / left over from the old FS9 forum?. I was here during the changeover and I clearly remember the FS9 forum being converted/rennamed to an FSX forum and all FS9 posts were ported over to this renamed FSX forum. A new FS9 forum was later created based on the numerous requests of AVSIM users and the post count started from zero.
What I am saying is I tracked the number of posts monthly/yearly from the inception of the fsx forum/ fs9 forum divide until avsim was hacked and I think that would be the figure that one would want to consider.When the forum was reorganized and rebuilt I have no idea how this 420k number was arrived at.

Hi Geofa,Are you saying that out of the 420,000 posts in the FSX forum, none of them are ported over / left over from the old FS9 forum?. I was here during the changeover and I clearly remember the FS9 forum being converted/rennamed to an FSX forum when Microsoft released FSX, all AVSIM-FS9 posts were ported over to this renamed FSX forum. AVSIM later created a new FS9 forum due to numerous requests from AVSIM members and the new FS9 forum post count started at zero.
Hello MikeYou are absolutely correct in your recollection of the events surrounding the creation of the FSX forum and the subsequent "new" FS9 forum having to start again from year zero.

Guest lgvpilot1
No joy...some kinda "403" error when going to the download page and I don't read Russian at all to see how to fix it.
I got a zipped up copy right here on my HD I can email you It is only 180Kb

Hello MikeYou are absolutely correct in your recollection of the events surrounding the creation of the FSX forum and the subsequent "new" FS9 forum having to start again from year zero.
Yes Mike you are absolutely correct. :(