Sign in to follow this  
michaelth

Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander

Let us know...screenshots are nice, and videos are nice too lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The videos were done during beta testing.....I am uploading a new one right now so, this one will be better and the sounds are properly sync'd Thanks for watching

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Just found a few minutes to fly around.It is old, it is ugly, it is dirty - I think I found a new friend. :(

• The VC cockpit exceeds the detail of the PMDG Jetstream IMO.
  • It does not have any funny flying characteristicts. It takes off when expected and lands in an expected attitude (did not read the manual yet - just made up the speeds myself).
  • It handles like a British design - flies like a brick. No twitchy elevator.
  • All switches have a sound - very nice. You can even hear the nav instruments when they capture a frequency.
  • I did not measure or compare the FPS, but there is no noticeable impact for me. At least better than the RealAir Duke.
  • VC looks nice at night but not outstanding - some parts around the radios look funny.
  • No US registration but plenty of German ones. Not good if you want to fly in PNW. But paintkit is included.
  • Too much details result in more shimmering. Be prepared to apply some more AA settings.

Alex

The VC cockpit exceeds the detail of the PMDG Jetstream IMO.
Not even close. Sorry. The J41 VC is in a whole different league.That being said, the Islander is a very well-rounded package. I'm glad I picked it up, and I'd easily recommend it to anyone who likes the subject material.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

It is old, it is ugly, it is dirty - I think I found a new friend. :(
Me too :(Very nice package.

$40! why $40? What separates this from something of Canrenado?
Carenado mainly produce GA aircraft and only provide the default GPS, if you want something better like a GNS530 or 430 you need to buy them separately. The Bn-2 is a commercial AC and it comes with the Bendix King KLN 90A GPS unit. I haven't messed around with the KLN much yet but if it works as advertised I'd guess its value would be about $20? If Carenado added better avionics to their AC I would gladly accept a price increase, although adding RealityXP gauges to them is pretty straight forward.

It handles like a British design - flies like a brick. No twitchy elevator.
:( ???Bit of a strange thing to say...

Sorry, maybe I'm spoiled because I read that.
That was hilarious. Written by someone who is really fond of the Islander, I think :(

Guest TheRev
That was hilarious. Written by someone who is really fond of the Islander, I think :(
I don't where it it came from, but I read that again and it made me laugh out loud. Really loud. So funny, yet so true!Mungo