Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Quite happy with *******"s graphics fix , but I cant seem to install a FPS limiter, so I" m using the FSX one. MY system is Win 7-64 bit I-970@3.20 Ghz GA-X58A-UD5 mob.GTX 470 g/c 3x2000 DDR3 1600 ram. Could one of you knowlegeable PMDG flyers out there be good enough to help an old Aussie pilot with some info on how to source a suitable FPS limiter download & how to use the flamin" thing!P.S. no luck with *******'s limiter download. Best Regards to all PMDG FLYERS, Ray Griffiths.

Dear Ryan I just had this error: Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180cException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000b50dfFaulting process id: 0x13e8Faulting application start time: 0x01cbce92aa128d32Faulting application path: D:\games\fsx.exeFaulting module path: D:\games\g3d.dllReport Id: 173003b4-3a93-11e0-b1d0-6cf049505656its a little surprising... After flying flawlessly for sometime(6 months or so) with out any error. Suddenly my 747 has a fault sound... I fix that... Fly flawlessly back and forth between LHR and DFW... Then yesterday flying from LHR across central Europe the sim just stops with this error??I dunno what to do to prevent it in the future, or if this is just a small glitch that doesn't spell disaster?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think I might have found the source for the crashes... When ever there is an extra AFCAD/ADEX in the folder or in the scenery library, it can mess up AES and cause a crash. I resolved two issues, but I will need to test some more Praying.gif

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

After flying the 747-8i for a long time without problems,I experienced also now suddenly the missing textures (skeleton aircraft, problem 4). (I have never seen it on the 747-400x.)It was absolutly random: the textures disappeared and came back again etc.I tried the "Bojote fix" (Highmemfix=1, Stale_Buffer_Threshold=2147483647).That didn't help in my case.Then I reduced the textures from 4096x4096 to 1024x1024, as indicated in this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/275056-texture-issues-oom/page__view__findpost__p__1711593That helped!Not seen the missing textures since.The size of the textures passed from 16MB to 1.3MB with almost no loss in quality.Guy

Don Schlecker here. Issue resolved perfectly for me. I just flew from KORD to KJFK with the Captain Sim 757(DHL) and had loaded full sceneries(cities, airports and terrain) on both ends. No crash. Great flight for the first time since I loaded Windows 7 on my new computer. THANKS!!

1.5 years ago I changed my graphic card from nvidia 8800ultra to nvidia gtx460 then started graphic disseparing problem. After find this topic and I did all configrations as Jusus said, copying some twicks from ******* fsx.cfg file then all my problems ended, I really do not know what was giving this problem but now my graphics not disseparing and no bullury. I'm very thanks you ******* after over 1.5 years my problem solved.

Erhan M. ARTUC

RyanI do appreciate a lot all your support. Could PMDG not offer for all your existing textures as well reduced to 1024 x 1024 versions, especially for 747-8i and 737 NGX, on the official homepage to download? This will support easier handling of this problem and increase the fun of smooth flying your amazing airplanes. THNX Peter

Peter Frey

LSZH

Hey guys, I know that this is a beat down horse, but I have a problem with the NGX. I'm able to start and finish a flight just fine, but the problem occurs when I land. I try and watch the instant replay (it's happened twice so far with instant replay, and several times when I alt-tab out and try to come back in,) the graphics get distorted. It gets distorted sometimes, gives me the plane floating in air, and I can't pan the camera anyway, and goes back to being distorted when I can't see anything except a whole slew of colors.I read the thread and figured that it could be the sound gauge, but I checked in the dll.xml file but there is no add-on for the PMDG sound. I haven't had the chance to make a flight with the sound completely off (by pressing Q,) but I'll try that later today.This problem doesn't happen (at least I don't remember it happening) when I use the Realair Beech Duke Turbine, but I'll also test this out just to make sure.I'm running an i5 2500k, overclocked to 4.4 GHZ, EVGA 460 GTX (I overclocked this to 800 Mhz, but since the problem happened, I tried resetting back to default to make sure it wasn't the OC,), 8 gigs of memory, and a P8Z68 motherboard.Thanks for any and all help that you guys can offer,Jorge.

Ryan: a funny thing happened to me on the way to the ....... I have discovered that my XML file only had the PMDG HUD Load instructions, not the lines that you asked to be removed. Also I don't have the PMDG sounds in the FSX/PMDG folder either so there was no need to delete.Have I messed up an installation, I have sp the latest installed, and reinstalled my liveries all okI have put the downloaded dll into the root folder as you suggested so I will report on the efficacy of that therapy. When I pronounce the acronym dll, why does it sound like I am talking about myself.

Hey guys, I know that this is a beat down horse, but I have a problem with the NGX. I'm able to start and finish a flight just fine, but the problem occurs when I land. I try and watch the instant replay (it's happened twice so far with instant replay, and several times when I alt-tab out and try to come back in,) the graphics get distorted. It gets distorted sometimes, gives me the plane floating in air, and I can't pan the camera anyway, and goes back to being distorted when I can't see anything except a whole slew of colors.I read the thread and figured that it could be the sound gauge, but I checked in the dll.xml file but there is no add-on for the PMDG sound. I haven't had the chance to make a flight with the sound completely off (by pressing Q,) but I'll try that later today.This problem doesn't happen (at least I don't remember it happening) when I use the Realair Beech Duke Turbine, but I'll also test this out just to make sure.I'm running an i5 2500k, overclocked to 4.4 GHZ, EVGA 460 GTX (I overclocked this to 800 Mhz, but since the problem happened, I tried resetting back to default to make sure it wasn't the OC,), 8 gigs of memory, and a P8Z68 motherboard.Thanks for any and all help that you guys can offer,Jorge.
Nvidia's drivers have long-standing, known problems with Alt-Tabbing out of FSX. Eg:http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/285.62/285.62-Win7-WinVista-Desktop-Release-Notes.pdf"Flight Simulator X–pressing Alt+Tab to switch to the desktop does not work. [293729]"With FSX being out of development and as old as it is, I highly doubt they'll ever bother to fix this. My guess is that it's involved in your problem...

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN
Flight Sim user since the subLOGIC / Apple II days

Guest Tobus75

Have an ATI card, added the stuff to my fsx.cfg and done 2 flights with tons of alt-tabbing and in-and-out of map while flying. So far, no black screens anymore. Can't say anything from the performance side of things, but a huge Thank you!!

Sorry to come VERY late to this, are there anyupdates since these posts, or is this fix still good info?  I've always had good luck with ******* info. :good:

Respectfully,

Jet

Sorry to come VERY late to this, are there anyupdates since these posts, or is this fix still good info?  I've always had good luck with ******* info. :good:

It is still good info, but check this site out as well.  It offers some great tips, tweaks and fixes also.

#####.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Will do thanks so much

Respectfully,

Jet

Sorry for my ignorance, but is the FSX root folder the one found through Users/Appdata/Roaming etc? Instead of the other one going straight through program files.

Thanks,

Ron