Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

New user here. Haven't time just at the moment to read all 20+ pages of this thread, but I'm experiencing issue four. My specs are in my signature; this is a brand-new install of FSX, PMDG 747-400X, and FlyTampa's Kai Tak scenery. I've seen all the external textures disappear from my 747 two or three times already, in ~6-8 hours of flying time, and am fairly sure I've seen this in both full-screen and windowed mode. I've not seen it with any other aircraft (yet), but I only have maybe 2 hours under my belt in the FSX stock aircraft, and I don't have anything third party installed except the PMDG 747 and FlyTampa HK Kai Tak scenery.Hopefully this is of help to somebody. :)
Add HIGHMEMFIX=1 to your fsx.cfg [GRAPHICS] section - that's the fix for disappearing plane stuff.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi there. Have you read about the highmemfix solution in this thread? I seriously recommend reading the start of this topic and following the links Ryan has posted to erase the 'skeleton' issues. OrTry Bojote's Tweaking and tuning tool which will sort this out for you. http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html
Thanks very much for the help! I noticed the thread while completing my forum registration, after the signup verification email finally arrived, and didn't have time to read the whole thing. Did see that the first post was soliciting reports though, so figured I'd reply quickly while I remembered. :) I'll take a look over the thread as I can get time in the next couple of days, and will take a look at your links now quickly...

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN
Flight Sim user since the subLOGIC / Apple II days

That's alright. These threads can be quite daunting when you see the amount of pages and replies.

Gavin Price

Ryan, I have a comparable system to your system (i5 750 @4ghz,) except I still have your old graphics card, the 260. What settings did you use in the config for that? Specifically, any UsePools or RejectThreshold stuff. The highmemfix has actually stopped fsx from crashing a few hours into any flight with the md-11, which is fantastic, but I'd be curious to know what you did with the pools and such.Thanks,-stefan

Hi.Me too, I had corrupted graphics in my JS4100. The textures of the VC have been scattered and overlaid with artifacts.At first, it appeared that the problem began right after installing the JS4100 add-on. So I removed and reinstalled the plane but that didn't change anything. Then, I removed FSX completely from my disk and reinstalled everything - but the graphic problems in the VC of the JS4100 did not disappear. At the end, I had removed and reinstalled the JS4100 about 6-8 times (I hope that PMDG has no online installation count in this product.....) without resolving the problem. Eventually, I remembered that I've expanded the memory of my PC from 4 GB to 6 GB just a few days before purchasing the JS4100. So I removed this new 2 GB module from my PC: Since then, I had not one single graphics problem with the JS4100! As soon as I add the 2 GB module, graphics get corrupted.I think that this has something to do with the fact, that I have one 4 GB module and one 2 GB module. Maybe, my board has a problem with this mixed configuration. Although both modules are "Dell certified" for my Dell system (and I've thought that those kind of problems are something from the last millennium).Maybe this information may be helpful for all the other users which are fighting against graphics problems. My system is running under Windows 7 64bit.Martin.BTW: The JS4100 is a perfect plane. I really like it because of its depth of simulation.

Martin Renner

It's a known bug. I believe this started to happen when PMDG added thing like rain drops on the windscreen. There was too much going on and FSX threw a wobble.

Ryan, I have a comparable system to your system (i5 750 @4ghz,) except I still have your old graphics card, the 260. What settings did you use in the config for that? Specifically, any UsePools or RejectThreshold stuff. The highmemfix has actually stopped fsx from crashing a few hours into any flight with the md-11, which is fantastic, but I'd be curious to know what you did with the pools and such.Thanks,-stefan
RejectThreshold=131072 - that's it. Still what I'm using on the 570 too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi.Me too, I had corrupted graphics in my JS4100. The textures of the VC have been scattered and overlaid with artifacts.At first, it appeared that the problem began right after installing the JS4100 add-on. So I removed and reinstalled the plane but that didn't change anything. Then, I removed FSX completely from my disk and reinstalled everything - but the graphic problems in the VC of the JS4100 did not disappear. At the end, I had removed and reinstalled the JS4100 about 6-8 times (I hope that PMDG has no online installation count in this product.....) without resolving the problem. Eventually, I remembered that I've expanded the memory of my PC from 4 GB to 6 GB just a few days before purchasing the JS4100. So I removed this new 2 GB module from my PC: Since then, I had not one single graphics problem with the JS4100! As soon as I add the 2 GB module, graphics get corrupted.I think that this has something to do with the fact, that I have one 4 GB module and one 2 GB module. Maybe, my board has a problem with this mixed configuration. Although both modules are "Dell certified" for my Dell system (and I've thought that those kind of problems are something from the last millennium).Maybe this information may be helpful for all the other users which are fighting against graphics problems. My system is running under Windows 7 64bit.Martin.BTW: The JS4100 is a perfect plane. I really like it because of its depth of simulation.
Has nothing to do with your RAM - it's a bug that'll be fixed in SP2 of the J41. For now set the VC and model options to medium in the config manager and it'll stop it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Good to know the JS41 will have a SP2. Applause.gif

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I run windows XP 32bit and I'm getting The “skeleton plane” issue.....I thought this was only a problem for 64 bit systems? Alex

Since the original thread is dead, I thought i'd ask here. I'm running a GTX 480 and an i7 930 at 3.9 GhZ with 6 gigs of Ram on W7 64. With the Shader 3.0 mod, I get strange texture anomalies with the sun. I can see it through clouds, and if flying at night, the sun will actually appear below the horizon, if that makes sense. Like flying at midnight, the sun would be directly under the plane under the ocean. Any ideas for that?

Since the original thread is dead, I thought i'd ask here. I'm running a GTX 480 and an i7 930 at 3.9 GhZ with 6 gigs of Ram on W7 64. With the Shader 3.0 mod, I get strange texture anomalies with the sun. I can see it through clouds, and if flying at night, the sun will actually appear below the horizon, if that makes sense. Like flying at midnight, the sun would be directly under the plane under the ocean. Any ideas for that?
Modifying the sim resulted in unexpected behavior maybe?What was wrong with it previously? I suggest you revert it to how it was. If FSX isn't running reliably, post here what exactly the problem is, and after how long it occurs (approximately). Do be aware that there appears to be a memory leak of as yet unknown origin in the graphics part of FSX.I have also diagnosed an apparent memory leak in ATI drivers (confirmed in 10.8, 10.9, 10.12 drivers). The screen just goes black/gray after some time once triggered. Some may experience this as an apparent uncommanded restart of the system. The memory leak appears to be in the OpenGL part of the driver. I can crash the system at will by running Google Earth in OpenGL mode, and running Flash Player also appears to trigger a memory leak, but it is unclear where it is (whether it is Flash itself or triggering a bug in the graphics driver). Removal of Flash fixes that particular issue and the system will run all day without a problem (Flash 9.x and 10.x exhibit this problem).I seem to have gone off-topic, but my point is things are not always as they first appear when it comes to crash issues/corruption.Best regards,Robin.

Just wanted to mention, if anyone was interested, that with the new Geforce 580 GTX you can now run FSX.exe in Vista compatibility mode without any issues. I was under the impression that the Geforce 200 series had serious problems with that setting (for some reason I don’t understand). Anyway FSX seems to be a lot more stable for me now (no more various ***.dll crashes) .Robert

I run windows XP 32bit and I'm getting The “skeleton plane” issue.....I thought this was only a problem for 64 bit systems? Alex
Does HIGHMEMFIX=1 fix it in XP?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Sadly, I keep having the black screens when I try to access a menu, like seeing the flight planner, it has a heavy probability that the screen will become black. I've tried every uiautomationcore.dll, even the 6.0.6001.18000.I used to counteract this by having printed most of the radios and CRS for auto landing, and other details, but since I can't find the folder where the paperwork is, I'm having to use the flight planner to see it. Actually, anything that requires for the background to be black to display the options menu will cause this, from pmdg options to other addons as well. Today I had to load my FSX 2 times to do a flight, the first time the blackscreen popped up after I tried to fill in the MD-11 tank using the pmdg menu, then the second one by using the flight planner. Thankfully saving the flight helped, so I could at least restart where I left off(Approach). And after landing I went to check something on the PMDG Md-11 load manager by minimizing and when I returned...black screen.Is there anything else besides the uiautomationcore.dll that can help me solve this? I'm using my fsx.cfg with flushed shaders(3.0) and what http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html suggested(Bojote is a genius)ricardo de Paula