Sign in to follow this  
jcalder

What do PMDG Pilots do in real life?

Nice thread!47, former PPL A, B and C and flight instructor (>20 yrs, all non-commercial).Simming gives me the adventure and freedom to fly when I want to fly and what I want to fly :-)I'm with an Air Ambulance and Medical Assistance company now supervising - amongst other duties - European in- and outbound flights.Cheers,Procyon

Fly for Netjets. Mike I airline to work from DFW and frequent Term E on occasion. Wouldnt mind stopping by for some FS discussion over a cup of coffee sometime.
Ryan, US Airways is between E35-38. I'm off on Thurs.-Fri. . Really off this week, I'm on vacation. Stop by,when you get a chance.

NAX669.png

If I squint a bit, I can see 80 in the HUD. Former Business Systems Manager. Partime hobby used to be designing & building cruising sailboats from scratch, - hence the pic of project #4 - some 30 years ago! Then I discovered FS.Bought a DX4/100 computer and the first MS Flight Sim on CD(5.2?) a few years after retiring.Saw a MATROX demo of multiple monitors at the 2000 Microwings Magazine conference and was hooked on a wide perspective. Been using triple views since then- there is no substitute for a full, natural view perspective in FS.If I had time, space and money, I would move up from multi monitors to triple projectors and a large curved screen for true flight sim view fidelity. Not all that difficult.Retired life on Vancouver Island allows me, & my lady of 54 years, to smile at all the worries of the world!Alex Reid

hi everybodyI am 32 years old, and a "senior" (i don t feel like being senior) purser for LUXAIR airlines. I do fly flightsim since the first version my dad (who worked for the airline as well) had on his commodore c64 a loooong time ago....Marc

Fascinating posts, guys! Great idea.I'm a 61 year old consultant in the pharmaceutical industry, having helped to found and grow one of the largest biotech companies in the US. For the past 20 years I have been helping small biotech companies find their way through the regulatory maze in order to get their products into human clinical trials.I've always loved flying. Had a PPL in my earlier years, but really love the heavy metal. Over the past decade or so, I've been able to get time in a number of full-motion simulators (B747-400, B737-800, MD11, B757/767, B777, B717, MD80), and those experiences have really been thrilling--about as close as one can come to knowing the feeling of being an airline pilot, while still not putting anyone's life at risk! And all of those simulator experiences were made familiar and comfortable, thanks to many years of experience with all of the highly-realistic PMDG products.It's been a great ride. Thanks, PMDG!Larry JohnsonBeaverton, OR

Larry Johnson

Great post and nice to put some context around the names!I'm 29 years old, born and raised in Gisborne, New Zealand. I've lived in Wellington (NZ's capital) for 12 years now.I work for Airways New Zealand, a formerly government owned organisation that is responsible for New Zealand and South Pacific ATC, charts and approach plates, as well as navaid and airport facility maintenance. Most of you will have seen a jepp chart or an enroute chart at some point right? Well, I make New Zealand's version of all those, and maintain NZ's aeronautical data in the global EAD (eurocontrol) database. :-)Outside of work I am into photography, guitar, golf (tho my round yesterday was awful!), fishing and flying. I have a PPL and a few hundred hours in the book, mostly in Cessnas. I fly when I can, and am lucky to have a girlfriend who loves it as much as I do. I find myself having to justify NOT flying to her, rather than the other way around (bliss!)I'm also into flight simulation (naw, really?) and have been simming since FS2, and 'proper simming' since FS5.1. I have worked for a while as a sim pilot for a company that offers flights in a fixed-base 737NG simulator. I've beta tested for a few FS developers in the past, including PMDG since the MD11 was in development. It's a real honour to be involved with such a capable group of people bringing such fantastic simulations into our homes.Until recently I was one of the dwindling number of FS9 die-hards. I finally succumbed to the inevitable and dropped some money on a really grunty new rig. FSX is now my homeboy and with all the trimmings in the mix it runs SO sweet. 737NG here we come!Miscellany: I like good food, dark ale, single malt whiskey, and sitting outside on a clear starry night watching the universe go by. :-)Hmmm, I think that covers me!EDIT: Me with stupid "post 2 hour cross country" grin on face.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi everyone,I'm Chris and I'm from Minnesota, USA. I'm a graphic/web designer at my real job, and on my off time I enjoy playing guitar, creating artwork (printmaking, graphite, or painting), and of course flight simming.I picked up the PMDG 747-400x a couple months ago and have been having an absolute blast with all the systems management, FMC and routes all over the world. I've always enjoyed flight simming, but the PMDG 747 certainly takes it to a new level.Chris Bremmer

Chris Bremmer

Warms my heart to see so many other musicians and guitarists also in the community here! ;)Here's my band playing btw - this is something cool we do every holiday season, it's a cover of Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve" aka Carol of the Bells:

I'm on the right doing the leads and the looping delay lines. If any of you are gearheads like me and wondering, I'm playing an Ernie Ball/Music Man Petrucci BFR6 through my Diezel VH4 halfstack.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Very interesting thread!I am 41, currently live in NJ just north of KEWR but born and raised in Bucharest RO. I'm an an electrical engineer by education, but now work in IS/IT as a db/sys admi. My other hobby, other than armchair pilot of course, is to is to scratch build ship models. My current project which I'm working on and off for almost 4 years now is a 6+ feet model of a Soviet frigate from the keel up, cool stuff :)

Stefan Ticusan

Very interesting thread!I am 41, currently live in NJ just north of KEWR but born and raised in Bucharest RO. I'm an an electrical engineer by education, but now work in IS/IT as a db/sys admi. My other hobby, other than armchair pilot of course, is to is to scratch build ship models. My current project which I'm working on and off for almost 4 years now is a 6+ feet model of a Soviet frigate from the keel up, cool stuff :)
Ah Ships are great!Not tried scratchbuilding yet but having fun with 1/72 U-boat. brass parts and all. Would be interested to see pictures of your project!

Warms my heart to see so many other musicians and guitarists also in the community here! ;)Here's my band playing btw - this is something cool we do every holiday season, it's a cover of Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve" aka Carol of the Bells:
I'm on the right doing the leads and the looping delay lines. If any of you are gearheads like me and wondering, I'm playing an Ernie Ball/Music Man Petrucci BFR6 through my Diezel VH4 halfstack.
That's awesome Ryan. You guys nail it. I love Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Metal and orchestra combination is sweet. One time back in 1991 I was playing in a fairly large talent show in Germany and while warming up on the piano I was spending a good amount of time on my forearms playing wasted years from Iron Maiden. A sweet german couple stood and watched and once I noticed them I stopped and the german gentleman approached and asked me where I learned to play Rachmaninoff so well, haha. Of course I was extremely flattered, probably the biggest compliment a wanna be pianist could get but even before he said that I always found huge simularities with Classical and Metal. Anywho, since the first day I heard them and especially "Christmas Eve" they became part of my collection.The first band I was in was a teenage band in Boston named Passion. The next was in Connecticut I started called Amethyst. For years, and even now I have wanted to start a type of band that did true classical, but in heavy metal. Such as the Rach 3. If you transpose some of those to a couple very talent guitar players and a touch or Neil P on percussion I still think could rule the industry :(@ Alex (January), Awesome boat! That is another dream of mine I hope someday to get to indulge in. Until then I'll remain content with diving underneath the waves, but I think the #1 thing I want and hope for in my retirement will be a Sailboat to share sunsets with someone special. You are living my dream my friend.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I feel very young. You're all so seasoned, all's I've got is a few hours in a wee C182.I'm 15 from that country attatched to the North of England. I've been flying since the FS2002 days when I flew to Biaritz with Ryanair. Since then I've always know what I've wanted to be.I live in a suburb of Glasgow and have one of those accents everybody loves -- apparently! I'm currently employed as a paperboy at my local shop, saving up for the NGX, and when I'm not delivering or flying on flightsim, I'm partying... lol. Paperboy's wages aren't exactly generous so I'm not doing much in the way of flying just now, however in November I aspire to be a part of the McDonald's team, which is rather well paid. Bring on the PPL.And a pic:03042010003t.jpgMe modelling Topman's new summer hat and glasses, unofficially of course. That's why I got flung out. (Appologies for the blurry photo, but we were on our way out rather quickly :))

That's a nice guitar, you a Dream Theater fan? I got to meet them a couple of years ago in Atlanta. I also play guitar but It's been a couple of years since I really played them, my chops really suck now. Still pretty good with the trumpet though.

42 years old, been a police officer with the NYPD for the last 15 years and work primarily in Brooklyn, but occasionally do some counter terrorism stuff citywide. Was an NYC paramedic for about 9 years before that. Have been drumming all my life and am fortunate enough to travel the world with the NYPD band. Been flight simming since FS98 and have been interested in aviation my entire life. My father was a radio operator on P61 Black Widows in the Pacific in WW2, which is largely the root of my interest in aviation.

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg