Sign in to follow this  
acmech

Current FS9 status......................

It doesn't take a rocket scienist to know that fs9 is not :( "dead".Take a look for yourself :( at the avsim file library.Fact, still to this day FS9 has the most uploaded files by people taking out time of their lives to create for this great sim.Fact, still to this day FS9 has the most Downloaded files.Fact, still to this day FS9 is the most focused on in files this month apirl 2010.Fact ,still to this day FS9 is the most focused on this year in the file library and for the last 6 years.I know for a fact fs9 is not dead.Fact ,other microsoft sim versions did die out shortly after the release of newer version ,but clearly that is not the case for FS9.

It doesn't take a rocket scienist to know that fs9 is not :( "dead".Take a look for yourself :( at the avsim file library.Fact, still to this day FS9 has the most uploaded files by people taking out time of their lives to create for this great sim.Fact, still to this day FS9 has the most Downloaded files.Fact, still to this day FS9 is the most focused on in files this month apirl 2010.Fact ,still to this day FS9 is the most focused on this year in the file library and for the last 6 years.I know for a fact fs9 is not dead.Fact ,other microsoft sim versions did die out shortly after the release of newer version ,but clearly that is not the case for FS9.
I feel there is something very Special with FS9 as compared to any other micosoft flight sim edition. Not sure what it is but there is definitely something about it.P.S I cant say I will never upgrade to fsx, but As of now I dont see a need to.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

FACT: Most members of the ACES team are still looking for work . . . :( (I don't disagree with you at all: I fly FS9 exclusively. Just not sure what kind of a response you are looking for . . . )

Definitely not getting rid of my FS9..NEVER!!! It's the best sim out there..and like you guys said with all the add ons I have and all the add ons still to come..AHHH!!! Can't wait!

Fact: 90% of those FS9 downloads are AI packages that work in either simI'm still pullin' for our beloved FS9 myself, but I'm afraid I misplaced my rose colored glasses many years ago. It'll definitely be interesting to see what pans out in the next few years. I've got lots of cool goodies to keep me busy for many years to come though regardless.Jim

I'm not sure what type of response you're looking for either. Isn't this post preaching to the FS9 choir? I think we all know the facts. I don't get it.

It just sort of disappoints me to read that some great developers will not continue future projects for fs9.My mind boggles :( to think ,when you really look at the facts it is hard to understand, why people would even think that a sim is not worthly, when it is the most widely used sim around. I don't know how many times a day that I visit fs developers web pages or sim product sales sites ,looking for something which is actually unique to purchase for fs9.For example go to FSDT (KDFW fs9 version) web page forum or any great developer forum and you will see pages of peoples antisapation on the release of a product. With a sim like fs9 that runs so wonderfully smooth ,I am so ready to continue to load it up with all kinds of new and unique world class addons as I was when it first was released. To be honest I really can't wait for add new faster hardware to add my system not :( to go to another sim but to run fs9 maxed out in :( 3d with all my addons. With my current system fs9 is alittle slow in 3d mode. If you have never flown fs9 in 3d yet you will not know ,but if you have you know fs9 is so much more then people think. Try 3d on any other sim there is no way you could with good frame rates and high quality addons. Which tells me again fs9 has so much to offer it just blows my mind that some people don't even understand fs9 hasn't even yet seen its best days yet! B) 3d is the future is your sim/system ready for it? B) My specs.Ti 960 overclocked to 3.9water cooled Nvidia 285 gtx 2gbssd 160 gb intel hd6gigs of ddr3 20000 creative sound blaster extreme gamer sound card

It just sort of disappoints me to read that some great developers will not continue future projects for fs9.My mind boggles :( to think ,when you really look at the facts it is hard to understand, why people would even think that a sim is not worthly, when it is the most widely used sim around.
Well... get used to it :( The developers run their own business and they are the only ones who see the revenues coming from FS9 (and FSX) add-ons.If they think/know they can't make enough sales with a FS9 version they will not develop, it's as simple as that.I don't blame them for that, they run the business (and the financial risks associated with it)I'm a FS9 user myself and will not upgrade for several reasons to FSX. I accepted however that not each and every new add-on will be available for FS9 anymore. Pitty but true.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Arguably both versions are "dead" given the demise of the Microsoft team. One could make a strong case that FS9 is the sturdier version because if it's less buggy coding, or so I am told, I am not a programmer. With my current set up of meshes and sceneries I have an astonishingly steady sim - I perhaps have a crash every other month!There is just so much going for FS9 and so many excellent aircraft and sceneries which is why I will stick with it for the forseeable future. I have yet to "master" even half of the great add on aircraft, so it will keep me happy for many years to come, as long as I can connect to VATSIM/IVAO with it, I will be happy! Dave

I'm actually very curious as to see if someone else other than microsoft and x-plane will release a flight sim now that ACES shut her down.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I'm actually very curious as to see if someone else other than microsoft and x-plane will release a flight sim now that ACES shut her down.
That's what I've been waiting for...glad I wasn't holding my breath! :(

Arguably both versions are "dead" given the demise of the Microsoft team...Dave
Exactly.I also see MSFS as a dead end now.Given the amount invested, FS9 will stay alive on my computer until a real "Next-gen" sim arrives.This could be years away, no problem, I will still not have reached the "end" of this wonderful toy!Even then, the new sim better be pretty good...