Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Hi,Driver Version 197.45.
If reverting back does NOT solves the problem for you, then I would suggest you take a screenshot of your entire FSX root tree, you could have (while installing the mod) either renamed, deleted or moved an FSX required folder or file.Installing this mod is simply a matter of replacing a folder, nothing else.. there is absolutely no reason why you should be getting a STOP error!

Guest 413X3

*******, should I have also deleted my shader folders in my user name\app data folder? or was that only to try and fix his issue?

*******, should I have also deleted my shader folders in my user name\app data folder? or was that only to try and fix his issue?
David, its not really neccesary, but in Mike's case im just trying to understand what might be the problem. Deleting the cache will force FSX to re-build it on a restart.

If reverting back does NOT solves the problem for you, then I would suggest you take a screenshot of your entire FSX root tree, you could have (while installing the mod) either renamed, deleted or moved an FSX required folder or file.Installing this mod is simply a matter of replacing a folder, nothing else.. there is absolutely no reason why you should be getting a STOP error!
I"m having ctds also but after a 2nd or 3rd load I manage to load a flight getting error fault module ntdll.dll and some times there is no message just a fatal crash error I will try a different driver I"ll report back

I"m having ctds also but after a 2nd or 3rd load I manage to load a flight getting error fault module ntdll.dll and some times there is no message just a fatal crash error I will try a different driver I"ll report back
If you are getting an error, simply revert back.. random ntdll errors starting FSX are a known problem with older Add-on manager versions FYI...

Did you see my post above? Looks like a problem in your FSX.CFG file relating to your ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 line.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi,Going back to my old setup does not work, CTD.Looks like I'll be reinstalling FSX.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,Going back to my old setup does not work, CTD.Looks like I'll be reinstalling FSX.
Mike, before you re-install.. can you send me a list of all the folders contained in your FSX document root? I'm pretty sure you are missing a folder

Hi,My FSX document root?. Do you want my FSX folders.?Do you want my Users/Mike/Appdata/Local/Microsoft/FSX folders?Do you want my Users/Mike/Appdata/roaming/microsoft/FSX folders?Do you want my programdata/microsoft/fsx folders?Do you want my Users/Mike/MyDocuments/FSX folders?Thanks

Mike, before you re-install.. can you send me a list of all the folders contained in your FSX document root? I'm pretty sure you are missing a folder

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

My FSX document root?. Do you want my Users Mike Appdata roaming microsoft FSX folders?Do you want my programdata microsoft fsx folders?
The above are enought... by the way, the stop error.. is it, INMEDIATLY or long after starting FSX? if you rename the contents of programdata FSX will generate scenery indexes as if it was installing for the first time.AppData/Roaming contains the logbook, which, if corrupted will give you errors starting FSX.What I'm trying to do is prevent you from having to re-install...

Hi,Here is my Users/Mike/Appdata/roaming/microsoft FSX:1. Controls (Folder)2. SimObjects (Folder)3. Substitutions (Folder)4. ASAMapImage (File)5. asa-wx-info.dat (File)6. asx-wx-info.dat (File)7. Cameras (File)8. dll (File)9. dll.xml.lvd (File)10. dxdiag (File)11. exe (File)12. fdr.dat (File)13. fsx (File)14. fsx.cfg (File)15. GrantedRewards.BIN (File)16. LWcfg.SPB (File)17. navlog0 (File)18. Previous flight.FMC (File)19. Program generated temporary flight.FMC (File)20. scenery (File)21. wxstationlist.BIN (File)Here is my programdata/microsoft fsx:1. Facilities (folder)2. SceneryCache (folder)3. SceneryIndexes (folder)4. Scenery (file)5. SCENERY.UT (file)6. SceneryStatus.BIN (file)That's all that is in both sub-foldersFSX stops immediately, I also renamed the ProgramData/Microsoft/FSX folder and let FSX generate another one, same error.Thanks

The above are enought... by the way, the stop error.. is it, INMEDIATLY or long after starting FSX? if you rename the contents of programdata FSX will generate scenery indexes as if it was installing for the first time.AppData/Roaming contains the logbook, which, if corrupted will give you errors starting FSX.What I'm trying to do is prevent you from having to re-install...

Hi,Here is my Users Mike Appdata roaming microsoft FSX:8. dll (File)11. exe (File)Here is my programdata microsoft fsx:1. Facilities (folder)2. SceneryCache (folder)3. SceneryIndexes (folder)Thanks
Mike, before we continue.. please BACKUP both folders, so you have a copy and you can revert back to it if needed. Now, AFTER you have your backup do the following:#8 and #11, RENAME THEM (EDIT: there was a typo here before... it said 8 and 9, I mean 8 and 11then, on programdata, rename 1, 2 and 3.those changes will: 1) start FSX without any kind of addons2) Trick FSX into thinking this is a fresh install and scenery indexes will be generated again.If the above steps do NOT solve your problem, you definitely have a CORRUPT fSX install.

Guest 413X3

well I'm getting those pesky black screens after visiting the menu when flying the PMDG airplane, luckily I saved the menu loading until after the flight was over! Hmm I wonder what is causing that?

Hi,Copied both folders to a safe location, renamed the items listed below. FSX is in the process of Completing Setup - Generating Scenery Indexes (76%).

Mike, before we continue.. please BACKUP both folders, so you have a copy and you can revert back to it if needed. Now, AFTER you have your backup do the following:#8 and #11, RENAME THEM (EDIT: there was a typo here before... it said 8 and 9, I mean 8 and 11then, on programdata, rename 1, 2 and 3.those changes will: 1) start FSX without any kind of addons2) Trick FSX into thinking this is a fresh install and scenery indexes will be generated again.If the above steps do NOT solve your problem, you definitely have a CORRUPT fSX install.
Hi,Nope, goes to the opening screen and freezes, the aircraft does not spin in the window and within 5 seconds an FSX error is reported, FSX ends in a CTD.

You remember what was the last add-on you installed? (obviously before the shader mod)Mike, replacing a folder (ShadersHLSL) and re-building the Shader cache is something I've done probably thousands of times (due to all my testing) so its highly unlikely that it is causing your this CTD's However, it IS possible, that re-building your cache (if you never did that before) is triggering some kind of error in your FSX install. Unfortunately, I;m out of ideas.. I think you probably tested all possible combinations, so there must be a corrupted file somehwere!

You remember what was the last add-on you installed? (obviously before the shader mod)Mike, replacing a folder (ShadersHLSL) and re-building the Shader cache is something I've done probably thousands of times (due to all my testing) so its highly unlikely that it is causing your this CTD's However, it IS possible, that re-building your cache (if you never did that before) is triggering some kind of error in your FSX install. Unfortunately, I;m out of ideas.. I think you probably tested all possible combinations, so there must be a corrupted file somehwere!
Suggestion:If you do reinstall, rename your ACTUAL fsx folder... you really want to compare those to see what was missing.