Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

e-jets v2: who's gonna bite ?

And that's exactly why I will not purchase this version, I loved the V1 but the frequent CTD where annyoing, will install a non compatible addon...It's a shame since they were quite nice to fly...
That's your loss, the ERJ 135/145 V2's have hardly ever crashed on me in Windows 7 64bit. The MCDU can be finicky and cause a crash, but once you know why its easy to avoid and its not a problem.In 8 hours of flying over 2 days (long sessions too) the E-Jet V2's have not crashed on me once.

Cheers, Andy.

The systems simulation list and the model look great in the official video, but inside - all panels and round buttons are all flattened and look very wrong, see yourself (from 1:04):

Dirk. :((lol, it shows Vik is the last guy in FT/Wilco cooperation left with 4:3 monitor)

It seems you have completely missed the point of my post... I was not referring to any of the questions you wrote,
Benjamin, never mind, it's clear Scoob made some use of your words. So no worries, was well noted, a little cheap for the otherwise great E-Jets Vol.2 :( Cheers,Dirk.

No 64bit support, no purchase. I don't care if it does work fine. One of my favorite statements made by some FT personnel is "How can we support an operating system that didn't exist when we released the product". Well guess what, 64 bit has been around for a loooong time. Good luck to them, but making a niche product even more narrow in scope isn't the best decision in my opinion.

- Aaron

Well to keep it on topic, I bit. I like them very much. They are a real joy to hand fly with my PFC hardware. This is with W7 64bit as well. Very nice aircraft.

Eric 

Honestly, this is getting silly. It reminds me of a recent joke I received concerning the nature of women. Changing the object to simmer goes something like this."One day, long, long ago, there lived a simmer who did not whine, nag or gripe. But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day."The OP should have asked that only those who purchased 'Volume' 2 to reply. I really don't care if you're not going buy it. That's your choice. How about leaving the thread to those providing first hand feedback? I'm sure those looking to make a purchase decision will appreciate the courtesy. Start your own 'Why I won't buy Feelthere Products. The new 'volume' is NOT bug ridden. I rate it high on my 'fun-o-meter' and nor is at a disadvantage running under 64bit that I have found. IMHO Feelthere has consistently offered planes that are good value. They are not PMDG level, but neither are they priced at that level. Please find me another airplane developer who for $35 offers a very complete aircraft with high fidelity FMS and models for both FS9 and FSX. Thanks.Bob.. :)

Its always so easy to sit on a forum and whine and damn...Takes no money, no actual experience, you can just pretend,get one dog yowling and you'll soon have a pack...When I see the way these threads go I understand completelywhy,say Captain Sim, does their forums as they do.For example, the 64 bit issue, has been COMPLETELY answeredand put to bed by a couple of real customers who have boughtthe product. END OF ISSUE. Ya, you can natter about FT nothaving their own systems, but if you only had concerns andwere otherwise going to buy, as I was, then this issue isgone... unless you were just looking for a reason to whine.I, for one am VERY glad that FT is out there, every producthas flaws that's the real world children, but FT's productsare excellent, there is NO ONE making anything close to them.SO, yes, I'm gonna bite, because I want to support that smallbody of dev's out there making our simming a quality experience.Cheers,

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

I have most of FT's past planes so I'm getting E-Jets vol.2 for sure (answering the title of this thread). ERJv2 was a very mature product already and I liked E-Jets Vol.1 a lot.Dirk.

I have ERJv2 and won't buy another plane from FT until they put more effort into VC cockpit lighting. The thing is finicky: you can't turn on and off gauge lighting, nor the green glow, with a switch like you can in every other product. It's a fine product for daylight or full night flying, but dawn/dusk is out for me, and that is always when I fly.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Its always so easy to sit on a forum and whine and damn...Takes no money, no actual experience, you can just pretend,get one dog yowling and you'll soon have a pack...When I see the way these threads go I understand completelywhy,say Captain Sim, does their forums as they do.For example, the 64 bit issue, has been COMPLETELY answeredand put to bed by a couple of real customers who have boughtthe product. END OF ISSUE. Ya, you can natter about FT nothaving their own systems, but if you only had concerns andwere otherwise going to buy, as I was, then this issue isgone... unless you were just looking for a reason to whine.I, for one am VERY glad that FT is out there, every producthas flaws that's the real world children, but FT's productsare excellent, there is NO ONE making anything close to them.SO, yes, I'm gonna bite, because I want to support that smallbody of dev's out there making our simming a quality experience.Cheers,
I went out and bought this thing (told you guys I was a sucker). So far here are the FT products I have:EMBERJ V1 and V2A320/330/340B737LegacySo I guess I am entitled to put my 2 cents in. Within 20 minutes I was shaking my head at this thing. Currently I am flying it porpoising up and down at FL350 with a +/- 1000-1500 rate of climb? Realistic? NOPE. As with the airbuses the take off power always exceeds what the FADEC is trying to command. Maybe this is just me but shouldnt the lights on the autopilot panel light up when a mode is selected. I do not have any real time in the EMB so I can't remark on this and I do not remember when i sat jumpseat on it. Most AP panels do light up thats why I am asking. The map range only goes to 500 miles. The real one goes to 3000 if I remember correctly. When I was riding jumpseat the guys showed me how far it went out in range. Looks like some of the MFD display is a 2 frames per second. My altitude tape for example. I do have it maxed in the config. These are just a few things i noticed with a few minutes. Give me a few flights and I am sure I can come up with pages more. FOr an extra 10 bucks you can get eaglesofts CX without any of these problems. I can not see how you can say this is a good product JFV. To me that is just not right to the potential customers. You are giving them the idea that this is worth their money when it is not. But it does seem to hold a heading on autopilot. That was sarcasm btw. BUT I am on the descent right now and it is holding the VPATH nicely, very nicely in fact......something the airbus didn't do worth a darn.

I know the buses they did (Vol 1 & 2) do not work on 64bit O/S (Vista or W7). You cna fly them ok and all but as soon as you want to leave the sim CTD.....Considring more and more hard core FS fans are using 64bit O/S I think they "should" support it.....BTW, I have and still do love the 737-300/400/500 series they did. It was and still is a great add on.

Currently I am flying it porpoising up and down at FL350 with a +/- 1000-1500 rate of climb?
never experienced during testing. i fly real-world weather using AS6.5. do you have the 'FS autopilot' checked in the configuration utility?
As with the airbuses the take off power always exceeds what the FADEC is trying to command.
never seen this. i looked at each beta for this specifically because of reports with prior products. are you pushing your throttle lever FULL FORWARD as outlined in the manual?
Maybe this is just me but shouldnt the lights on the autopilot panel light up when a mode is selected
NO! this is not a bug. you didn't read the manual. review pages 6 and 29.
Looks like some of the MFD display is a 2 frames per second.
you have a problem on your system. slow updates have never been reported (unless the configuration utility is set to make them slow).support forum -http://forum.iemit.com--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I've not seen any of the above mentioned problems at all. I also find all the gauge update speeds to be excellent especially when you consider I dont have any of the config sliders above about 50%, I think I will be bumping them all up a bit more as well because frame rates are very good with this aircraft, they are even better than the ERJ V2's

Cheers, Andy.

never experienced during testing. i fly real-world weather using AS6.5. do you have the 'FS autopilot' checked in the configuration utility?Where are you even seeing this? I looked through it 3X and never saw anything that says "FS autopilot"....verbatimnever seen this. i looked at each beta for this specifically because of reports with prior products. are you pushing your throttle lever FULL FORWARD as outlined in the manual?all the way forward yep. And with my saitek X65 it is deadly accurate without no spikes whatsoever. I think the problem lies within the software since the exact same thing happens with the Airbus with my Saitek Yoake AND X65.NO! this is not a bug. you didn't read the manual. review pages 6 and 29.I didn't say this was a bug. I was actually asking for confirmation as per my " I do not have any real time in the EMB so I can't remark on this".you have a problem on your system. slow updates have never been reported (unless the configuration utility is set to make them slow).Hmm I doubt its my system. No other aircraft have this problem and I have just about every addon out there. With a 980X, 480 vid card I highly doubt its my system laggingsupport forum -http://forum.iemit.com--
But Scoob to be fair I should do a whole flight and reading the manual to make sure I got everything covered. Just saw a few things that I didn't require reading of the manual but I may be wrong. The porpoising and map distance shouldn't require manul reading but in all fairness the others may. Thanks!

Honestly, this is getting silly. It reminds me of a recent joke I received concerning the nature of women. Changing the object to simmer goes something like this."One day, long, long ago, there lived a simmer who did not whine, nag or gripe. But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day."The OP should have asked that only those who purchased 'Volume' 2 to reply. I really don't care if you're not going buy it. That's your choice. How about leaving the thread to those providing first hand feedback? I'm sure those looking to make a purchase decision will appreciate the courtesy. Start your own 'Why I won't buy Feelthere Products. The new 'volume' is NOT bug ridden. I rate it high on my 'fun-o-meter' and nor is at a disadvantage running under 64bit that I have found. IMHO Feelthere has consistently offered planes that are good value. They are not PMDG level, but neither are they priced at that level. Please find me another airplane developer who for $35 offers a very complete aircraft with high fidelity FMS and models for both FS9 and FSX. Thanks.Bob.. :)
Bob, I only have two things to say about your post... First, with only 1,200 some odd posts, you have not been around long enough to have known that guy. I haven't been around long enough to have met that guy! If anyone has met that guy, please name him, cause I must have missed him/her.Second, "fun-o-meter"... A great idea! How about if we do reviews with scoring add-on's with a fun-o-meter ratings. You know; tickled one nerve, tickled two nerves... Etc.Seriously, good post and well said.