Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

Guest Mik75

Wow!I would definitely buy such a DVD. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Even though I like productions like World Air Routes or Pilots Eye.tv (beautiful pictures in Full HD), most of them don't go too much into depth. If I had the possibilityto see procedures like engine starts or the programming of the FMC in full lenght, especially on a 737NG, I'd be willing to pay twice or three times the price of a normal cockpit DVD!Let us know when it's out!Many thanks in advance & greets,Michael Schmitt

With the NGX coming out accompanied by an FS2Crew voice edition and then this kind of educational DVD...WOW...!!

Richard Åsberg

http://www.boeing.co...an_manuals.htmlSpecs on any Boeing Airliner you care to name. The other topics are just as informative.
Hm, thanks for posting. It got me curious because I could not believe they would do that. To anyone who has hoped for anything useful for some serious flight planning, this is unfortunately far from what you are looking for. There are sure some interesting graphs but they ain't getting you from A to B in any way. Still, thanks for posting these because they were new to me nevertheless and are entertaining to browse through. Good stuff for the interested after all, even if of little use for the sim I'm afraid. :(sig.gif

I never said it would. Mat wanted technical charts. If you want to do fuel and wind planning you would either have to do it yourself through the PMDG manuals or by using a calculator of some sort.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Guest Caines737
I never said it would. Mat wanted technical charts. If you want to do fuel and wind planning you would either have to do it yourself through the PMDG manuals or by using a calculator of some sort.
Agree. In the Boeing AOM for 737 600-900 stands tables for trip fuel under different conditions, also with correction tables for weight, winds, and speed. You could use them as a fair estimates on fuel predictions. I use to consider 2.4T/hour at crz even this also variate. I see on Norwegians B737-800, they are actually using 2.2T /hour at GW65-69T .76 CRZ FL340-360 so maybe their winglets leads to reduction here. In the PMDG simulation software the fuel burn is slightly higher, usually at 2.5-2.6T/hour at same conditions. Well, take the flight time and add 30 mins of fuel for climb and approach. This is how I do the fuel calculation, if I am not that lucky to have a flightplan/navplan from AirSupport : -) (Could only be obtained from pilots at lucky days, hehe). Examle; if the flight is 800 NM in zero winds, i go FL360-410, set up for TAS450=>GS450 and divides 800 with 450 and get 1,78. Add half an hour = 0.5 and get 1.78 + 0.50 = 2.27 hours = 2h 17m. We are talking fuel burn and not flying time, but the fantastic is that flying time will be aprox. the same in most cases, just test out by your self. 2,37*2,4T/h=>5,68T trip fuel. You need aditionally fuel for taxi (0.4 tonn?), alternate (0.2-infinite tonns), company res (0 at many cases) and 0.50 hours final reserve (in europe) which leads to 1.2 tonns.This is for guidence only, you stand fully free to correct me if I am wrong.

I'm ready for an update... Batting%20Eyelashes.gif
In keeping up with the other threads, I think there's still about 50,000 more views to this thread before there's a new update.

Noah Bryant

Cannot believe we are at almost 90,000 views on this thread too. I hope this aircraft is one of the best selling ones of all time. I certaintly have never seen so many thread views for an aircraft that I can recall.. Not to mention that every thread started about NGX generates this kind of interest. No news is good news though. Means they are trucking along. Also good videos above. Never bought any aviation DVD's though. Usually you can dig up quite a lot on youtube.

Cannot believe we are at almost 90,000 views on this thread too. I hope this aircraft is one of the best selling ones of all time. I certaintly have never seen so many thread views for an aircraft that I can recall..
The PMDG 737 in FS2004 was "relative" PerfectFrom the feeling to systemsFor me is the NGX737 a second BirthdayIn that case the expectation for NGX was very HighCant wait for this Bird.I hope PMDG will it release bevore 2011

Guest Caines737
Cannot believe we are at almost 90,000 views on this thread too. I hope this aircraft is one of the best selling ones of all time. I certaintly have never seen so many thread views for an aircraft that I can recall.. Not to mention that every thread started about NGX generates this kind of interest. No news is good news though. Means they are trucking along. Also good videos above. Never bought any aviation DVD's though. Usually you can dig up quite a lot on youtube.
If you are interested in 737 NG I recomand buying this DVD. It exist material on youtube and other open souches but not nearby this quality and type of material. It is very hard work making a DVD like this and stuff like this doesn`t exist on any open internet page yet. One of the reason for why I am making this is documentary is that I have also been searching the web for good 737 knowledge material without finding very much interesting and entertaining. The reason for why I made this DVD was that several people like me has huge interests in the 737 systems and flying the 737, and would like high quality information presented in an interesting way, directly from 737 airline pilots. Therafter I contacted the company, presenting my idea and they liked it. They fully understand the interest flightsimmers have in operating the 737 in the sim in the closest way possible to the real life.You are taken into consideration of take-off configuration, power setting, landing consideration, approach briefings, how to read plates, nav plans and many more. This film is not showing the mountains, seas, alps, forrests and many other thing you see from above. If you become VMC at any of the flights, take it as a bonus : -) Now we are going IMC!The pilots are talking to you like you are sitting on jump seat following what they are doing. In another way than many cockpit movies have the pilots to explain things like that they had to. In this film the pilots tell about own experiences and "good to know" about the 737. I am glad to tell you about this movie is the first in the world in this class when we speak about image quality and regi. Well, this can be hard to comply, but I promise to do exactly that.And not to forget about the athmosphere, it is magic to turn off your lights, sitting night time watching the legs filmed in the night. Exeptional lightning. Panorama view over big cities. See you there : - )Happy flying

Will have to look into that DVD then. Cause I know something like that would have shortened my learning curve on the MD-11. Know how to read approach plates and the like so really just need systems training. Like programming the FMC/FMS, and all that.

Wow! Nice vid! I am also producing a cockpit DVD (soon Bluray) upcomming november this year. 10 legs with B737-800 with advanced procedures on the tape. I suppose this would be a nice suplement to the NGX and make the flying even more interesting after learning some skills from pilots at the 737NG. The film is chronologic documentary focused at real world procedures like fmc setup, flow patterns, checklists, instrument setup logic, non-normal procedures and normal operations of the aircraft. This is a movie of an enthusiast for enthusiasts. Less nature pictures, more instrument pictures. Some pictures from the movie are found here; http://forum.scanair...ead.php?t=73749 - Hope to make people happy! : - )Happy flyingLN%20DYH%20NAV.jpg
I guess the comments are in English. Any hope of them in Spanish?Francisco Mateos

Guest Caines737
I guess the comments are in English. Any hope of them in Spanish?Francisco Mateos
Hello. Negative. Unable to comply. Only thing I _can_ make is english. They brief in norwegian/english, mostly english. If I see interest is remarkable high here and in the american enviroment I will text all DVD in english. Lot of work and will take several days, but I will do if people demand.

You can translate the page using Google Translate. Enter in the URL and the entire page is translated.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Caines737, when can we expect a release of the DVD/BlueRay? Do you think we could be able to download both versions instead of purchasing hard cover? If not, will you have a distribution center in the States so we don't have to wait forever for DVD mailed from Europe?Is it going to be something like Pilot's Eye DVD's? I like their releases but I think they're a little bit lacking technical info.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |