Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

can you redo the shot without any ENB? i want to get an idea of the TRUE colors of the addon.
I happen to think the ENB makes it look more realistic personally. Later on I'll try to do a shot without it. John's ENB settings are very subtle, it's not the mega-bloom and darkening of everything that it is by default.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, what kind of camera did you take those real cockpit shots with? Cannon 7d?

I'm okay with Karen, I've got that quite a few times in my life and it unfazes me.
I never called you Karen, try reading slower. I called you what you spelt but when I refered to you, I wasn't sure to say he or she, like I said, reread. As for your "Concerning my response, I have no regrets." Ditto darling,,, ditto.You seem to go out of your way there to try to put me down there based on nothing so here's more of a responce to a maturity level you are obviously familiar with... Karan Kant Shut up.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Gents-Those of you who were following this thread will note that the original poster's input has been removed from this thread.In the PMDG forum we do not tolerate dishonesty, fraud, theft or misrepresentation.The individual posting as "edward mastley" was actually another user who had been removed from these premises for engaging in all of the above.Our house is open to all, but please do not play us as fools.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Here is an actual photo I took on the airplane:
That almost makes me want to throw up. I'm far from a clean freak, but I would have to clean that up a little bit before using it. :(

Some of our helicopters are approaching 26 years of age, and I have never seen a cockpit that looks that awful... There is actually soil around that knob? We land in fields, and do SAR over the ocean. Have never seen anything like that. Only time it has come close was when I was in the gulf, and we got that red powdery stuff all over the bird. Never caked on like that though. Even a piece of grass or something underneath the maitenance handle..That is one awesome camera though.. my digital camera pictures which I consider excellent look awful compared to that.

So, is that salad leaf going to be included in the virtual cockpit? :( It would be great to be able to choose what you have eaten, and the dirt texture would change accordingly.I'm kidding...

Dear PMDG Team,if some people don't have anything else to complain about but colors and dirt in the product, that is great... It means, IMHO, that you just are getting the product right, unlike other developers who bring semi-completed products that look like "bunch of teenagers with some Photoshop experience and a stollen operations manual" did it......Here is MINE complain - I don't like the carpet on the floor, PLEASE put a persian version of it...... Batting%20Eyelashes.gif ........ just kiddin......I am extremely satisfied with your work and every day I look forward for an updates on the final stage of the development.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Dear Mr. Randazzo, beyond whatever expectation. In your web site there is a page (737NGX) waiting to be filled of contents and pictures. Please, let us peep a bit more in this new stunning gear.Andrea

Other products that you mention (including our NG1.0!!!) are out of scale, poorly designed and make good approximations to the real airplane- but they aren't perfectly accurate... With the NGX we are changing that once and for all...
Dont forget please the Lights!
I have a 6 hours old NG picture for you : ) From a flight from SFX to my home place OSL. The real worlds NGX is pretty much like the NGX. They have simulated the NGX very well : ) CLB%20SFX.jpg

I think the color of the amount of dirty detail in the cockpit is just fine. Seen few of them in real life, and have to say you're doing impressive job with that!But Robert, I've got an question for you. You're talking all the time about "final testings". So can we expect it's going to beta in short time?Aleksi Lindén

Martin,I don't want to start a VC or 2D panel discussion. I don't care if it is better or worse.I was always a 2D fan. But with the release of the MD11 I forced myself to use the VC. Honestly, It is more like the real thing. (you don't have arrows on the panel in real Big%20Grin.gif)I used it for a while and now I must say that I don't want anything else. The view is more real, you have a better overview at all the instrument. I don't want to go back.I must admit I use some popup 2d screens on a seperate monitor (FMC and sometimes AP), because it is sometimes hard to read.If you want the 2D that is no problem of cause, it is your descision. I only want to say, try it for a while. And when you are used to it, it gives a lot more fun looking around in a "real cockpit".RegardsEric
Hi Eric, I'm glad you like virtual cockpits, many people do, many people favor them exclusively. But then many people favor the 2D exclusively, and then there are those that utilize both. You refer to the MD-11, well yes, I have the MD-11, and in the course of writing a review of the MD-11 for Mutleys Hangar, I flew in the virtual cockpit rather a lot. I have sampled virtual cockpits many times, but sorry I don't like them and personally don't regard them as realistic. And yes, I have consdiered that the new 737NGX will have a superior VC to the MD-11. As for "try it for a while"... by that time, the PMDG 737 will have been released, and any requests from myself and others that favor the 2D would be irrelevant. Therefore i feel it's right that we should politely request a full 2D panel set now.It's a subjective opinion, But with so much detail being included in this product, then it would seem logical that the needs of a large percentage of simmers be catered for as a priority over features and quirks that are being modeled that we won't even notice.Whatever the outcome, no matter how many quality 2D panels are modeled, I'm sure the 737 will be superb, but for me, with no 2D, it's no sale. Same applies to cockpit builders and others that favor the 2D for whatever reason. :( Martin Wilby

Yeah that flight deck in that photo is dirty. I have seen those that came straight from Seattle and were close to sterile and those that have been in use for decades and this certainly belongs to the more dirty ones I feel. But that's just IMHO anyways. There is now one out of an unlimited number of possible levels of dirt in the sim but that one certainly looks authentic.On another note I would appreciate if some of the devs could maybe chime in again and give a hint on the 2D panel thing since there have been quite a number of concerns, including by me. I am still hoping for a 2D version that is not just a little "addition" to the VC but rather a full blown set of fully usable 2D panels that are at least up to par with the VC and can be used completely independent from it. Thanks for some more info.sig.gif

Yeah that flight deck in that photo is dirty. I have seen those that came straight from Seattle and were close to sterile and those that have been in use for decades and this certainly belongs to the more dirty ones I feel. But that's just IMHO anyways. There is now one out of an unlimited number of possible levels of dirt in the sim but that one certainly looks authentic.On another note I would appreciate if some of the devs could maybe chime in again and give a hint on the 2D panel thing since there have been quite a number of concerns, including by me. I am still hoping for a 2D version that is not just a little "addition" to the VC but rather a full blown set of fully usable 2D panels that are at least up to par with the VC and can be used completely independent from it. Thanks for some more info.sig.gif
As a cockpit builder I really hope the sdk, the offsets and the key stroke per switch are all available and complete. It's also important that screens like the pfd and eicas are able to be separate windows which can be resized etc. Whilst the VC looks extraordinary I won't be using it and for me the system logic and failure system is important for completing the realism. If project magenta wasn't so expensive I probably wouldve purchased that so I think the PM team should be some what nervous about this release as it will render their product a little redundant. Ryan do you have any thoughts on the impact this will have on Project Magenta which offers the screens (pfd, mfd etc) and system logic for close to $2,000 Aussie dollars a copy?Mike kendall

That picture of the real flight deck is gross. Is that salad sticking out at the bottom? :LMAO:Your airline friends should have a look at carriers like ANA. Their pilots wear gloves all the time and I doubt you will see this level of grime in their cockpits.