Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

sim1.dll modification for FS9.1

Hi folks,I have been reading (with some interest, as it allows taxiing with realistic low thrust) about the modification that is possible in the sim1.dll module which corrects the ground friction value to something more realistic... I found this post (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/226874-realistic-taxi-thrust/page__st__25__p__1454938__hl__sim1dll__fromsearch__1#entry1454938) and others, and thought I'd have a go at making the modification myself. However, I have looked at the offsets that I should find, in order to know what lines to change, and compared them to my sim1.dll file and I see that they are not the same. I figure that this is probably because the original posts on this refer to the version of the dll shipped with FS9.0, so I wonder if anyone can provide me with a working modded copy of the file for FS9.1, or tell me the correct changes that I need to make...Thanks,Geoff

Hi folks,I have been reading (with some interest, as it allows taxiing with realistic low thrust) about the modification that is possible in the sim1.dll module which corrects the ground friction value to something more realistic... I found this post (http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry1454938) and others, and thought I'd have a go at making the modification myself. However, I have looked at the offsets that I should find, in order to know what lines to change, and compared them to my sim1.dll file and I see that they are not the same. I figure that this is probably because the original posts on this refer to the version of the dll shipped with FS9.0, so I wonder if anyone can provide me with a working modded copy of the file for FS9.1, or tell me the correct changes that I need to make...Thanks,Geoff
Check your PM's.

Opa,I have heard of this file many times but have never been able to locate it.If you could also post me a PM I'd very much appreciate it.Cheers,Jim

Hi folks,I have been reading (with some interest, as it allows taxiing with realistic low thrust) about the modification that is possible in the sim1.dll module which corrects the ground friction value to something more realistic...
Hi,I've sent you a link on PM about how to do this.Best Regards.

Check your PM's.
Hello DavidI was wondering if I could also have a copy of the information too please.........John PS you are a very busy flyer since you are always flying my old crate LOLLOLLOL

Hello DavidI was wondering if I could also have a copy of the information too please.........John PS you are a very busy flyer since you are always flying my old crate LOLLOLLOL
Pardon my ignorance David but how do I check my Pm's since the new forum came on line?? John

Guest belga1

Hello,

Pardon my ignorance David but how do I check my Pm's since the new forum came on line?? John
Up page .. at right (notifications)Regards.bye.gifGus.

Thanks to Opa and Twasono for their replies. I now have a re-worked sim1.dll file that corrects both the skid-friction and the roll-friction.Cheers,Geoff

Hi,Can someone send me the info too?(Or make it publically available?)Since years I'm using a (downloaded) sim1.dll with 50% less ground friction, but I find 50% a bit too much. I would like to adjust it.Thanks,Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hello,Up page .. at right (notifications)Regards.bye.gifGus.
Thanks Gus, as it happens I was looking in the right place but David's (OPA) message to me is nowhere to be found. Would it not indeed be better to just make the solution myself and others are seeking public?. Thanks again Gus............John

Opa would it possible for you to send that update sim1.dll file to me as well?Thanks in advance.Paul.

My sim1.dll is dated 1st Sept 2004. I think that's the updated file but I can't remember!!!!vololiberista

Hi again David, I have not received the PM you said you sent, could you try again please TIA.......John

Hi again David, I have not received the PM you said you sent, could you try again please TIA.......John
I did not send you one - at least i don't think I did.I need you to send ME one with your e-mail address so I can send it via normal e-mail.
By any chance, can I get this also please.Thanks,
Just send a PM (Personal Message) and include your e-mail address in it.