Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

Also to mention that the cockpit looks too much like the default ! Obviously alot more clickable buttons and systems. The Aerosoft Airbus X will be hard to beat in Cockpit detail and Sharpness, so will be interesting to see what this brings. Only my opinion.
Well, what do you expect a 737-800 cockpit to look like exactly? The default isn't grossly wrong shape or color wise or anything like that. (the fonts and the look of the displays most certainly are though). The texture resolution on ours is orders of magnitude higher - it's hard to even do it justice in screenshots - you'll see when it comes out. I personally think we've already surpassed the Airbus X - that cockpit looks very "CGI" to me, almost too clean looking. Example: http://www.aerosoft..../airbusx_39.jpg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Again- not sure if that will make release 1.0- but long term it is something we intend to have in place for the NG series, the 777 and the [censored] that will follow it.
hahaha!! censored... sneaky!!!Looking real good fellas! Excellent!Chris Lezama

Chris Lezama

It will sure be a lot of fun learning how to fly with the HUD. Can't wait. And Mr Randazzo, in true PMDG fashion your last post has left a bit of meat hanging off the bone for us forum watchers to jump on and come to swift conclusions on. I of course conclude your censored word starts with "D" and ends with" reamliner".

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Wow!Problem though... (on my behalf atleast)HUGS is going to going to spoil me. I know whats going to happen, I will fly the 737NGX with HUGS so much I will start wondering if I am even able to fly correctly without it anymore and will have to keep removing it to prove that I can.I even go through this after flying glass cockpits so long, I go back to a old analogue instrument aircraft to make sure I haven't got attached to all the glass and lost my touch. :(

Does anyone else love all of the little warning signs, airworthiness plaques, "casting #" imprints and other small details littering the aircraft flight deck? If they have all of that on the exterior model, I think I may end up buying two NGX Licenses just to support their continued efforts in future products.My only question now is can FS2CREW step up their game like PMDG and design a co-pilot that can hand-fly a programmed arrival or, dare I say it, use some of the NGX's advanced features (like the terrain database) to fly without hitting a giant mountain? With PMDG's complete and total system simulation, the only final step in airline simulation is CRM. I want a co-pilot that can fly, **** it! :(

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Oh my God, that's gorgeous. I just bought the MD-11, looks like I'll have to get this too. The wife won't be too happy about this...

The NGX will have one but it's almost certainly our last product that will. I think it's entirely unnecessary outside of some popups for people with multimonitor or home cockpit stuff. Especially with something like EZ Dok or Track IR now.
I'm not sure if I agree with that. In the VC I find it harder to read the screens, press buttons and maintain control of the plane. It's not like in reality where you reach out your hand and press buttons, you gotta use your clumsy little mouse to find that tiny button all the way to the right. In the 2D cockpit everything is packed together nicely and easy to find, and it's readable without having to zoom in. It's also more FPS friendly. Although I have to admit, it's becoming more and more difficult to resist those shiny VC's. I guess it's something I'm gonna have to get used to.

I really hope PMDG will keep SOME 2d panels but only the important ones. In the J41 its really annoying to look up away from flight to click something on the overhead or on the FMS. Panels like the FMC, Overhead, MCP and Comm panel are the most important to me. Taylor Oldham

I really hope PMDG will keep SOME 2d panels but only the important ones. In the J41 its really annoying to look up away from flight to click something on the overhead or on the FMS. Panels like the FMC, Overhead, MCP and Comm panel are the most important to me. Taylor Oldham
I got to agree with you, I'm not really a VC fan :(

I got to agree with you, I'm not really a VC fan :(
Its not that I am not a VC fan but I don't like looking for switches that are hard to use or see.I just want my main panels to be ones I access a bunch. Its very hard to fly manual and still do the switches like on the overhead as I am not even looking at the sky but the panel.Taylor Oldham

Wow. And somehow I think this is just a taste of the capabilities of this new bird. Can't wait to go hunting for some low-vis approaches when this rolls out of the hangar. Thanks for update. It was a nice weekend surprise. Good luck to the team pulling together the rest of the project. It's like watching a baby Boeing rolling down the production line at Renton.Bruce Campion-Smith

One of our goals is to give hardware developers an SDK that allows them to pretty much do anything they want from a hardware control standpoint...
Thanks Robert. Wasn't expecting such a detailed response, so thank you (and sorry for going OT). I'm sure a lot of hardware developers will jump on the SDK once it is released. It'll certainly sell more units, and I know accessing the incredible programming of the NGX will be that much nicer with a couple of pieces of good interface hardware sitting in front of me!The heads up looks all sorts of crazy wicked, BTW! :( Cheers!

Tony

While this product appears as a milestone achievement, don't you think it is time to cease marketing and strive to get the product on the market? I have never seen so much product marketing, where is the great competition requiring it?

While this product appears as a milestone achievement, don't you think it is time to cease marketing and strive to get the product on the market? I have never seen so much product marketing, where is the great competition requiring it?
They do one of these tidbits once a month. You are so funny.."cease marketing," hahaha :( I wouldn't call this marketing...its more like a favor.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Gents-Please do not continue the discussion of everyone's respective opinions regarding 2D vs. 3D panels.[NOTE: I deleted a number of posts in the discussion to avoid giving others the temptation to interject.]Every single one of us will have a strong feeling about using one over the other. To each his own...This is true whether you are a simmer or a developer. For example, I feel that 2D panels are a waste of development resources that add development time and require compromises in product quality. Dr. Vaos on the other hand, makes a compelling argument that 2D panels are a great alternative for folks who don't enjoy the immersion of the VC and who gain performance in using 2D panels.Is one of us "right?"No.Does it matter?Not right now.End of discussion...Thank you... (Mods: Delete any further continuance on this topic.)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com