Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

You can also enter the flight number into the FMC and view it at any time just by hitting PROG. Goes for all our jet airliners, the MD-11 MDCU has a similar feature.That's just the no smoking sign with a different label on it. Pilots have long used it to signal the cabin crew for things like letting them know it's ok to get up and begin their service on climbout. It is functional, yes.
Ryan is right, since on a lot of NGs, the No Smoking Signs in the cabin are wired to be always on, the switch does not control the no-smoking signs anymore but will still make a chime. So they re-purposed the switch in this case.Cam Jones

Ryan is right, since on a lot of NGs, the No Smoking Signs in the cabin are wired to be always on, the switch does not control the no-smoking signs anymore but will still make a chime. So they re-purposed the switch in this case.Cam Jones
Very interesting notes! I never thought about the fact that the switch used to be for the smoking sign, and that since all flights are no smoking there is no point in having a toggle switch in this day and age.

Actually if you pay attention when you fly on slightly older birds, (Delta 757 for example), when you're about to take off or are passing 10,000 ft, etc; you can actually see the smoking sign go off and then on. This happened when my family and I flew to SJU this month. (Ahhh It was a beautiful 85oF. A nice change from the 20oF back at home. In fact, now that I think about it, I ordered my manuals from the middle of the ocean aboard a cruise liner. RCCL all the way!) Wow was that OT.

if there is time before release!
Really? That would mean a very short beta. Good news! Happy newyear to all! Must be with NGX within ...?

I had a dream last night, that PMDG released the ngx and 777 on the same day,,, today, and i had a spin in both of them and all i can say was they are both very good...

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Guest acezboy561
I had a dream last night, that PMDG released the ngx and 777 on the same day,,, today, and i had a spin in both of them and all i can say was they are both very good...
FINALLY!! :D im not the only one dreaming about the NGX, im not crazy Big%20Grin.gif

I'm not sure if it will be or not but well is it that important ? I mean as far as I know ACARS are for sending monitoring information about the aircraft systems via sattelite or ground stations to the company maintenance as well as to the constructor (maybe ?). So well Except having the ACARS screen I don't think it has any kind of impact on the airplane systems in return and if that is the case it might be optional the 747 only have Flight Number and departure/arrival airport. But I might be wrong.
It will be cool to actually see what it looks like in the ATC and FMC COMM pages. Even if it doesnt do anything

This year i will get the NGX. And i am not going to ask when :( And late last year I started every aircraft nerds dream job that is getting paid to watch aircraft all day.

I would love for the feature of picking up MET's (METAR and TAF) via the ACARS system in the NGX. Adding the ICAO code and after some seconds you'll have the current MET report for your destination - dont know if this can be done, but sometime in the future it would be a great thing to work along with Activesky Evolution for us running them on the same computer..Can't wait for the release, hopefully not to much longer! :)

I know the 3D cockpit is the main attraction in the NGX, and that is mostly why it's been on most previews. I know also that for the next update you will show the exterior of the plane. I know that this is all great and I get astonished every time I see a new screenshot or an update from PMDG. I just was wondering if it would be possible to get a preview update of the 2D panel, if not a preview a simple screenshot would suffice. If not a screenshot, a post that explains the functions/visuals of the 2D cockpit (since the only available information as of now is that there will be a 2D cockpit, but not to what extent and how it will function). I would greatly appreciate to see the 2D cockpit or that PMDG mentions it and explain how it's going to be with the 2D panels in the NGX. It would put my mind at ease by just know what you guys at PMDG have decided for the 2D cockpit in the NGX.I hope I'm not asking to much from the PMDG team. A future NGX customer,Rob BelachPS. Happy new years everyone!

Coming Soon?? <<<< what is this ? I hope 2011 .Happy new year evreyone best regrads Chris

Outside visuals will be coming shortly after the new year, and it will not disappoint! HUGS in action video coming as well.. if there is time before release!
Best 2011 gift until the actual realese of the NGX!!

The airplane comes with a panel.ini file in which you can manually adjust all the lighting colors to your heart's content using RGB values.Outside visuals will be coming shortly after the new year, and it will not disappoint! HUGS in action video coming as well.. if there is time before release!
Awesome news re tweaking thte VC lighting colors!! Keep up the good work; the VC looks top-notch guys!!Happy New Year!

Simon