Just saw that Zotac has a 3GB GTX580 available. What performance improvement will this do paired with an i7 2600k @ 4.8-5.0Ghz? I'm planning to use my 55" Samsung 3D TV for FSX @1920 x 1080. Will the 3Gb card help at all or will it just future-proof my system if I later decide to get a 2560x1600 monitor?Thanks!

I am going to buy an H70 or H100 cooler within the next few days. That should be enough cooling to bring my OC from 4 to about 4.5. I am also going to buy 6 more GB of RAM as I find that on long flights the usage gets up when i have FSX, Media Player Classic, Vroute, FSInn, Chrome, Foxitreader open. And then, I am going to buy a GTX580. So if anyone is interested in my GTX470 Amp! Edition just message me :unsure:

This is good stuff - I am currently using a 275 with an overclocked i5 @4Ghz.... I hope a brand new 580 will bring up the performance in FSX, especially around busy airports - as FSX looks like it will actually be the last serious sim for us from MS. RH.

This is good stuff - I am currently using a 275 with an overclocked i5 @4Ghz.... I hope a brand new 580 will bring up the performance in FSX, especially around busy airports - as FSX looks like it will actually be the last serious sim for us from MS.RH.
Hi Robbie,It should help. Have you made the change from the 275 GTX to the 580 GTX? If so, what do you think?Kind regards,

Hi Stephen - I never did - I guess I am waiting on MS Flight before I decide what to do. Looking at your results, I should appreciate quite an increase in performance if I were to upgrade in FSX. You have an awesome system there and probably never experience frames below 15, even with all the settings maxed in heavy weather at busy airports!RH

Yes the 590 GTX is newer than the 580 GTX. However, it is important to know that a dual GPU card like the 590 GTX does not make performance better in FSX, and indeed, according to some, lowers the results. That is also the same thing in regard to using SLI. Of course both of these setups will work better than a single 580 GTX in many other applications and games.Kind regards,

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the GTX580 to replace my GTX 480. I just don't know if there's enough of a performance increase to justify the cost. Decisions, decisions,decisions.....

NAX669.png

Hi Mike,Yes, that is really the question isn't it. See the final results in my tests that sort of says yes it is, perhaps, and a definite maybe. LOL.gifKind regards,

Hi SpiritFlyer,I would like to ask something for you. Please make some test in (Orbx - FTX: NA 74S Anacortes Airport , Orbx - FTX: NA 0S9 Jefferson County , Orbx - FTX: NA 1WA6 Fall City , Orbx - FTX: NA 2WA1 Diamond Point) airport, because I would like to see the result with the Nvidea GTX 580 video card.I would be really greatful if you could help me.Thank you very much,

Hi SpiritFlyer,I would like to ask something for you. Please make some test in (Orbx - FTX: NA 74S Anacortes Airport , Orbx - FTX: NA 0S9 Jefferson County , Orbx - FTX: NA 1WA6 Fall City , Orbx - FTX: NA 2WA1 Diamond Point) airport, because I would like to see the result with the Nvidea GTX 580 video card.I would be really greatful if you could help me.Thank you very much,
Hi hhelikopter,I do not have Fall City but do have the others. My settings are extreme in addons, sliders and Nvidia Inspector settings. I do not get blurries or any other problems in the three other sceneries you mention. Frames for me do not dip below 20 even under duress of any kind and usually hover well above 30. Of the 3 sceneries you mention Anacortes when combined with Skagit is the slowest, but even they are not a problem. If you tell us your system specs and FSX settings we can perhaps give you a rough idea of what you might expect, realizing that no two computers run FSX the exact same performance wise. I hope this helps at least a bit.Kind regards,

I like to see a GTX680 VS 580 VS 480.... :Big Grin: