Sign in to follow this  
MrPlaneDriver

FSUIPC

Happy new year everybody.I've been thinking of buying a registered version of FSUIPC4. I read the description at FSUIPC page at simMarket but I'm not sure if should I invest my money in it. My budget is very tight right now, so I don't want to spend money with something useless. The only add-on I have so far is FSLabs Concorde X, but I intend to buy other add-ons as well (NGX is the next on my wishlist!).Summarizing, what are the advantages and disadvantages of this software?Thanks in advance.

Matheus Mafra

It's a good programme to have for calibrating hardware and it also resolves a few well known issues with weather addons. Definitely worth it for the long run.

Gavin Price

Talking about calibrating hardware, I also have a Logitech Force 3D Pro joystick, so I'd also like to know what would be the bennefits for such hardwares.

Matheus Mafra

Well I use it with my saitek pro flight gear to easily program all the buttons, switches and levers to what ever I want.

Gavin Price

I held out for a long time, but you really should get it. It's fantastic utility.

Noah Bryant

YesPhillip(slightly longer answer) - FSUIPC is arguably the most important addon for FS as without it many addons wouldn't work without further programming. On top of that it allows a lot of individual configuration of FS. Ultimately it's cheaper than most aircraft and scenery and very vertasile.

It's quite hard trying to convince someone to buy a product like this, as visually it doesn't do much, but it is very important and useful for interfacing other addons with FSX effectively.

Gavin Price

Is it garenteed that FSX will have problems with Active Sky Advanced? I got it for Christmas and am planning on installing it in the next few weeks, and I want to know if I need FSUIPC as well.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

It's quite hard trying to convince someone to buy a product like this, as visually it doesn't do much, but it is very important and useful for interfacing other addons with FSX effectively.
I'm aware of that. I know, according to what people say and what I've been reading, that FSUIPC is the most important interface between the add-on and FSX. But also know (correct me if I'm wrong) that when you install an add-on, it also "installs" part of FSUIPC programming that is usefull for that specific product.Well, at the same time I was waiting for your answers, I was also searching the net for more information. I could say that my decision is made. I'll just wait for some more replies before "closing the case".Thanks everyone for your time.

Matheus Mafra

Is it garenteed that FSX will have problems with Active Sky Advanced? I got it for Christmas and am planning on installing it in the next few weeks, and I want to know if I need FSUIPC as well.
It is very helpful to use the wind smoothing option in fsuipc. ActiveSky seemed to have issues with some products like the PMDG 747. The airplane would have make s turns while in autopilot. I bought a registration key and used the wind smoothing option and I never saw the issue again. This was worth the price alone.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you have, or intend to acquire sometime in the future, a CH yoke/throttle or Saitek yoke/throttle you simply can't be without FSUIPC! It is worth its price in the weather smoothing capabilities alone. I wouldn't hesitate.Ron Musick, PP-ASEL-IA

It basically depends on the individual on how deep you want or need to go into the functioning of FSX as this tool offers many small tweeks to get into parameters and override limitations which may not accessible otherwise. I use it mostly to calibrate multiple axis controllers (e.g yoke, r-pedals, throttles etc) and there are possibilities of creating mouse macros for certain panels, which you could otherwise not address directly by pressing a button. I also use it with Wide-FS which allows me to link FSX to programmes running on a second computer. The GPS out function is also great to link FSX to any third party moving Map programs. Also a lot of little bugs (like com radio incrementations etc) can be fixed with a mouseclick.I would suggest you go to Pete's forum and download the user manual as you will get an overview of what this program actually does and then decide if the functions are of any use or benefit to your personal sim-experience.Athough I have only come around it the other day - there is also a program called "Flusifix" which is freeware, that might also suffice for some of the issues and others, if you are just looking for a tweek program.

If you don't know why you want it then I'd say no. If you need it for something specific like custom calibration for a joystick axis, keypresses bound to joystick buttons, wind/temp/pressure smoothing for use with REX or ASE etc, then yes, get it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It is very helpful to use the wind smoothing option in fsuipc. ActiveSky seemed to have issues with some products like the PMDG 747. The airplane would have make s turns while in autopilot. I bought a registration key and used the wind smoothing option and I never saw the issue again. This was worth the price alone.
Yep, the same for me. No more swinging aircraft. And handy for my joystick.But I have to admit, there's no need to buy it. But I think it is worth the money.Eric

If you don't know why you want it then I'd say no. If you need it for something specific like custom calibration for a joystick axis, keypresses bound to joystick buttons, wind/temp/pressure smoothing for use with REX or ASE etc, then yes, get it.
That was what I've been thinking. I wanted to buy Active Sky Evolution, but was afraid to buy it because of many reports of people saying that some third-party add-on airplanes were having problems with it.As I said yesterday, I made my decision and I'm gonna buy it. Not today because money is short now, but after February, because in this period I intend to purchase other add-ons (NGX LOL.gif).

Matheus Mafra