Sign in to follow this  
kiwikat

Bugs List

There is a section in the air file that can be edited for ground effect, I believe this is what Carenado need to look at. It flies pretty well by the numbers in all but the ground effect area so I can't see anything in the aircraft.cfg that would help. It will just need someone with air file experience to tune the hex values in the air file I suspect. I have no knowledge on how to approach this unfortunately, I daresay someone in Carenado should if they've learnt the SDK by now!

I also experience problems with the weather radar and wonder if it is possible to work around it by replacing the 340´s weather radar gauge with the one which is installed in the C208?I have already looked into the panel.cfg-files, the lines regarding the wx radar gauge are different. I think I´ll try it later and report back.

Well, I notice the landing light switch in the cabin does not turn them on, but if I hit "L" on the keyboard they come one?Martin
Okay, the two outter wing landing lights come on with the cabin switch, I thought the center nose wheel light was also a landing light but evidently it is the taxi light. So if that is how the real C340 is things are working right :( Martin

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so here goes. I've looked in the manual and can see no mention of a spoiler. Yet / works a treat, in fact it's more efficient than it has a right to be! It's like throwing out an anchor! :( This shouldn't be so eh?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Also, not sure you would call this a bug... But the aux fuel pumps can only be switched from off to high. Although the aux pumAlso, not sure you would call this a bug... But the aux fuel pumps can only be switched from off to high. Although the aux pumps are used on low setting as well. Not a huge deal but would be nice to have the ability to switch the pumps from low as well as off and high. Also to include the pumps sounds with the switch on the low setting. Is this even possible? Assuming the fsx engine only allows a pump to be switched on or off, it'd still be nice to "simulate" the use of pumps on low. Thanks

Hi folks. I think I may have found the answer to the landing problems and leaping off the ground. I had a wee look through the [AIRPLANE GEOMETRY] section of the aircraft.cfg file and it says that the wing span is 38ft 1in. I then had a look at airliners[dot]net at the C340's file which states the wing span of the aircraft is 28ft 1in. I changed the value in the .cfg to this and I believe it has made a huge difference. Can somebody else have a go and report back? Cheers,Ross

Hi folks. I think I may have found the answer to the landing problems and leaping off the ground. I had a wee look through the [AIRPLANE GEOMETRY] section of the aircraft.cfg file and it says that the wing span is 38ft 1in. I then had a look at airliners[dot]net at the C340's file which states the wing span of the aircraft is 28ft 1in. I changed the value in the .cfg to this and I believe it has made a huge difference. Can somebody else have a go and report back? Cheers,Ross
Feels good to me! But what about this:(Data for Cessna 340A) * TYPE: Six-seat business twin. * PERIOD BUILT: 1971-84. * COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: United States * ENGINES: Two Continental TSI0-520-NB tubocharged and fuel injected flat six piston engine of 310 hp / 230 kW driving constant speed 3 bladed props. * DIMENSIONS: o Wing span: 38 ft 1 in / 11.62 m. o Length: 34 ft 4 in / 10.46 m o Height: 12 ft 7 in / 3.84 m.

Bert

Ahhhh so airliners is wrong! There's a first. Cheers Bert! Having said that, it feels a lot better. I can control my airspeed better, my attitude better and my takeoffs and landing are well just bliss.

I amended the aircraft.cfg as you suggested and the aircraft performs much, much better on takeoff and approach & landing. On takeoff - Flap/Trim 0, rotate at 106 KIAS; approach over the threshold about 94 KIAS, Full Flap,

Please confirm is anyone here is having CTD using reality xp gauges or without them! I still have them

The main altimeter shows a dangerously incorrect reading every thousand feet.See details in separate "Altimeter" thread.

Bert

Please confirm is anyone here is having CTD using reality xp gauges or without them! I still have them
I am not using the RealityXP gauges and I have had no CTD's with the C340. Hope this helps.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

I have flown the C340 for about 3-4 hours with the both the xp 530 and STEC installed and I use REX with not CTD.Martin

This switch, at least on my bird, is reversed. With Aux showing Main tank quantity and Main showing Aux. Anyone else confirm this?
Yes that is correct. Also the aircraft will start even though the fuel switches are in the off position. Any way you can shut off the over head light? Can we get a printable ops manual?

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)