Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

I hope this isn't a bad question to ask but I'm curious when this plane is released is it just the 737-800 model? I can't remember if I saw or not if it was going to be the -700, -800, and -900 or just the -800. I don't normally ask questions like this because I don't want to feel like a troll but too late I feel like one. Oh well I asked. Big%20Grin.gif

Ok just for everyone's information regarding the emergency exit stuff from a few pages ago - when I started looking closely at this vs. some photos, what became apparent to me is that it's actually our pax windows that looked too big, not that the doors were too small. That leaves less area to the sides of the windows and makes the doors look smaller. However... When Jason went back and checked the Boeing engineering diagrams, what we have is absolutely spot on and matches them perfectly. So we started researching to figure out what was going on, and it turns out there have actually been multiple pax window sizes on the real airplane over the NG's history. So, everyone in this instance is actually right - the windows on our model don't match SOME photos, but they do in fact match actual planes that have this window configuration. I'm assuming it's the older one, the aircraft we photo surveyed for the NGX matches it and it was an older example of an 800.We will NOT be modelling this option for passenger window size - that is way too much work to swap that stuff in and out of the model or make totally separate models for something that does not affect flight in any way.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ok just for everyone's information regarding the emergency exit stuff from a few pages ago - when I started looking closely at this vs. some photos, what became apparent to me is that it's actually our pax windows that looked too big, not that the doors were too small. That leaves less area to the sides of the windows and makes the doors look smaller. However... When Jason went back and checked the Boeing engineering diagrams, what we have is absolutely spot on and matches them perfectly. So we started researching to figure out what was going on, and it turns out there have actually been multiple pax window sizes on the real airplane over the NG's history. So, everyone in this instance is actually right - the windows on our model don't match SOME photos, but they do in fact match actual planes that have this window configuration. I'm assuming it's the older one, the aircraft we photo surveyed for the NGX matches it and it was an older example of an 800.We will NOT be modelling this option for passenger window size - that is way too much work to swap that stuff in and out of the model or make totally separate models for something that does not affect flight in any way.
THANK GOD...because I am sick of people nit-pickin this thing, leave PMDG a lone, let them finish the plane, who cares about windows sizes!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Ok just for everyone's information regarding the emergency exit stuff from a few pages ago - when I started looking closely at this vs. some photos, what became apparent to me is that it's actually our pax windows that looked too big, not that the doors were too small. That leaves less area to the sides of the windows and makes the doors look smaller.
Interestingly enough, I believe the original poster didn't even complain about the exits but the lights next to them - whatever. I guess the positive outcome of all this is you learn some new detail bout this plane every day, huh. Big%20Grin.gif
First time I have seen an argument end in all people being right
A rare occurence! Cheers! :(sig.gif

Dont you just love PMDG for their attention to detail! Thanks Ryan!

Realistic suspensionJust wondering wheter PMDG team will be able to make a realistic suspension for the NGX... 99,99% of the aircrafts for the FSX don't have a realistic suspension model as far as I´m aware.Thanks,Teo Halfen

Whatever happens, I testify that I'll never ever fly the Airbus X once I get the 737 NGX. Two failed flights today because of crappy coding gets more nerves into me than getting destroyed in a first person shooter over and over.LOL.gif

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Damn I'm excited to see and fly the 737NGX. Think about it everyone, they're applying an advanced bi!@h slap to FSX. From what Ryan and company have been saying, the level of detail and methods used in their development pipeline are cutting-edge. Lets trust in PMDG's ability to wow and amaze us with another fine product.

Whatever happens, I testify that I'll never ever fly the Airbus X once I get the 737 NGX. Two failed flights today because of crappy coding gets more nerves into me than getting destroyed in a first person shooter over and over.LOL.gif
Lol well I don't know about bugs but anyway there is not a single decent Airbus aircraft for FS yet, the day there will be an airbus that can match the PMDG in terms of simulations will be a great one, it's just too bad to have only boeing that is really well and accurately simulated.

Outerra + PMDG + ORBX !! Please make an simulator!
A BIG +1 outerra looks amazing at the moment, that water/wave motion is fantastic. And the best bit is they are still a long way off from finishing so I can't imagine how it will look then

Alaister Kay

THANK GOD...because I am sick of people nit-pickin this thing, leave PMDG a lone, let them finish the plane, who cares about windows sizes!
+1!!

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

I think PMDG and Virtual Reality Simulations should team up and develop the new Navy Poseidon 8A. PMDG could use most of the design work for the NGX and update the airfile and the other few changes while VRS could add the bombs, cruise missiles, torpedoes, sonar buoys, refueling, etc. Heck, Orbx could jump in with ocean scenery complete with bad guy's submarines for targets. This would be a killer add-on.Then we would have parts and pieces of the 737-700, 800, 900, 787, F-18A/E, and more in one add-on with PMDG quality. Ray MarshallP8.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

We'll show the lights soon. Seriously though, with what you've seen here do you really think we'd put default lights in? tongue.gif
This forum is so big i cant look into each post.I hope the landing and taxi lights are like the aerosoft airbus X lights as they dont light the whole airport up and that they light up objects in front of them.airbusx_45.jpg