Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

RealAir Turbine Duke

Something I didn't notice when I posted this pic, the vne is much lower on this aircraft too. I would have to agree the number of gps's on this aircraft seems like overkill. I'm sure this person spent a fortune for this plane.

:Just Kidding:Talking about RL flying:I personally think there are to many GPS Pilots out there, wonder how many of those so called pilots are able to navigate with charts at 120 - 200 knots...I always use the GPS just as reference :( so I get some more workload in my pit McDan out

There's many different ways flying brings happiness. A lot of simmers enjoy the FMS button pushing, knob turning...On vatsim I do a mix of both... now that a lot of my planes have the RXP GNS. But I do enjoy non precision approaches (NDB/VOR/LOC etc).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Agreed. And I am one of those people that enjoys spending the time to set up a SID and STAR with my GPS. It's a lot of fun to fly an ILS approach with VNAV and LNAV through the GNS530.But don't get me wrong. Should that unit fail, I'll have no problem pulling out the chart.

Agreed. And I am one of those people that enjoys spending the time to set up a SID and STAR with my GPS. It's a lot of fun to fly an ILS approach with VNAV and LNAV through the GNS530.But don't get me wrong. Should that unit fail, I'll have no problem pulling out the chart.
Try the VOR DME C approach in to KHIO partial panel, yup VOR head, altimeter, airspeed, turn and bank and a whiskey compass doing the procedure turn. Really good practice for your instrument skill set!

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks for the advice. Some of the airports we're flying into in our Turbine World Tour are small and many don't offer a precision approach. Weather is always iffy too.Next time I find myself in the right situation I'll turn it all off and get me on some VOR radials. Nerd.gif

I just wanted to say what an awesome aircraft the turbine duke is. It too bad reality xp doesn't have an FSX version of the Sandel EHSI, it would be a nice addition to the turbine duke.
True. However, I'd be so happy if we could just get the database behind the Reality XP GNS-units updated somehow.I know their stuff is based on the original Garmin trainers, so we have to stick with whatever database version Garmin releases with them, which is not really up-to-date material.

Dave P. Woycek

Hi I need some help here. After loading the Turbine duke and letting the self test do its thing I click OK and both the 530 and FSX freeze... Now when I click the OK after Self Test it goes to the Fuel screen Then I click OK, and the radios freq shows but the map shows the previous Fuel page and the 530 completely locks up and cannot not be turned off and still appears on even when the battery is off on the plane? This sometimes freezes FSX. I have reinstalled both the aircraft and the 530 multiple times but it continues... I also noticed that the GPS is always on, even when on the Real Air control panel it is selected GPS off at start up??

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

Try the VOR DME C approach in to KHIO partial panel, yup VOR head, altimeter, airspeed, turn and bank and a whiskey compass doing the procedure turn. Really good practice for your instrument skill set!
Another one to try- the KMFR (Medford, OR) BC LOC/DME B approach. Several things that this approach will offer to challenge you:1. Fly one of the 2 DME arcs (IAF's WISEP, JEXAM)2. This is a BC approach. The HSI makes this easier as long as you have the Front Course used for the CRS on the HSI.3. The BC approach is aligned with the runway. So, why does it have the designation "B"? (alpha characters usually used for approaches MIS-aligned with the runway by more than 30 degrees). You have to lose 8,000' in 16 miles, so this is not a standard approach. (Any time you see an alpha charcter replacing a runway number, it means that there is some sort of non-standard "challenging" approach).Good thread... and I love the Duke....Bruce.

I have a question about single engine fuel consumption with the Turbine Duke.If I lose an engine in flight, should I burn fuel from the dead engine first, or should I burn fuel from the operative engine first, or should I just continue to use crossfeed as normal to ensure equal weights?If this is already referenced in the flight manual I apologize.

I have a question about single engine fuel consumption with the Turbine Duke.If I lose an engine in flight, should I burn fuel from the dead engine first, or should I burn fuel from the operative engine first, or should I just continue to use crossfeed as normal to ensure equal weights?If this is already referenced in the flight manual I apologize.
In the emergency checklist they say "Fuel selector - OFF", so obviously no crossfeed. Logically I would have said crossfeed but if they say off,. it´s off.

The fuel selector for that engine will go to OFF, but that doesn't mean I can't crossfeed to the other engine. If the left fuel is off, I can still set the right fuel lever to feed from the left tank.So really my question still remains: which engine should I burn fuel from first i have a dead engine. Or, should I crossfeed to maintain weight balance.

The fuel selector for that engine will go to OFF, but that doesn't mean I can't crossfeed to the other engine. If the left fuel is off, I can still set the right fuel lever to feed from the left tank.So really my question still remains: which engine should I burn fuel from first i have a dead engine. Or, should I crossfeed to maintain weight balance.
Well, in the emergency Procedures chehklist they say in any engine faillure "fuel selector- off". I think it means that you can switch to crossfeed to maintain stability. I personnally haven´t had an engine faillure, so I can´t comment on this who I do it but my FS knowledge says crossfeed. So you can test who crossfeed works.

I will read up on this. For now I will follow the written checklist and crossfeed to maintain balance. Thanks for your comments..

By the way i looked in the guide but maybe missed it along the way but is the 'prop sync " switch modelled in flight sim? In the sound of this bird flying along there always a sound like the engines are out of sync abit and it does it in real life also, i can't make it go away but it's no biggy just wondering is all.