Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

RealAir Turbine Duke

To be frank we probably took a bit of artistic license on the oil doors because the flat rated PW6 is probably reasonably cool running. The key is airspeed. As long as you are flying with decent airflow over the cowlings the doors are not that necessary. But if you are climbing near full power at only 120 knots that's when things get hot!All the best,Rob - RealAir
Indeed...I was climbing somewhat agressively in the Turbine Duke when I noticed a warning lamp illuminate on one of the main annunciator panels regarding oil temperature. I promptly opened the oil doors and that lamp went out. Phew!Nice touch there, team.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

To be frank we probably took a bit of artistic license on the oil doors because the flat rated PW6 is probably reasonably cool running. The key is airspeed. As long as you are flying with decent airflow over the cowlings the doors are not that necessary. But if you are climbing near full power at only 120 knots that's when things get hot!All the best,Rob - RealAir
---------------------------------------------------------------Thanks Rob. Having a ball...and as another poster stated......."Honey....look at what flying this VIRTUAL DUKE is SAVING you..er..us...er...oh heck.....whomever...."..... In real life, I probably couldn't afford to keep this aircraft in oil.....let alone fuel....LOLOLOLOL! Life is good....in the Virtual World, Life is good.....Just%20Kidding.gif

Guys, Aero TV just did a piece a few days ago with Rocket engineering really cool!

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

Rob, Sean I bought the T but I still love my P to death. Any chance we could get a VC upgrade for the old P? The look sooooo much different with the gauge reflections and dust 'n' dirt? Any thoughts on ever offering that?
Hi Ron,We could spend till eternity retrofitting and tweaking older aircraft, but we thing the Duke piston version is fine as it is, and there is a notable price difference between the two which reflects the additional features of the Turbine version.All the best,Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Ron,We could spend till eternity retrofitting and tweaking older aircraft, but we thing the Duke piston version is fine as it is, and there is a notable price difference between the two which reflects the additional features of the Turbine version.All the best,Rob - RealAir
O ok right on. So ummm how aobut a B200 now :(

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

In this video it looks like the Royal Turbine is equipped with a Sandel SN3308, man it would be cool if you developed a gauge like this for our duke, or it would be nice if RXP developed there version for fsx and you guys made the install the same as the gns 530 with all the 3d knobs and such, I don't think I'll buy another AC unless they do it that way, I put the gns 530 in another AC and it looks so flat.

Ahh the Sandel... anyone remember the Dreamfleet Beech A36? (Or their Baron?) Oh to fly those again in X :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ya I flew the baron and A36 in FS9. Loved the airplanes, though it's too bad that gauge won't be made for FSX.

Guys, Aero TV just did a piece a few days ago with Rocket engineering really cool!
This is worth watching! :(

Bert

I noticed something strange the other night, my left engine let go again... (really need to lower the failure setting :() I continued my flight with a lower cruise speed but noticed that fuel was still being burnt on both gauges.I didn't have crossfeed and my left engine prop was feathered. But man is that aircraft awesome !

I noticed something strange the other night, my left engine let go again... (really need to lower the failure setting :() I continued my flight with a lower cruise speed but noticed that fuel was still being burnt on both gauges.I didn't have crossfeed and my left engine prop was feathered.
Burnt - or, more likely leaking out into the atmosphere..Good idea to turn the left fuel selector to "Off" :(

Bert

Burnt - or, more likely leaking out into the atmosphere..Good idea to turn the left fuel selector to "Off" :(
Bert,Wouldn't you want to crossfeed the tanks so the fuel weight is balanced? Brent

Bert,Wouldn't you want to crossfeed the tanks so the fuel weight is balanced? Brent
I would turn the fuel selector off and head for the nearest airport.This is how the Airbus over the Atlantic ran out of fuel..

Bert