Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Re: NGX impending release: Are we there yet?

While the updates are nice, I'll just be an honest consumer here.I'd rather have zero updates until you guys actually know when you'll release it.Why?Because every "update" feels like a carrot on a stick slowly peaking my interest again when it starts to fade.I like how LVLD is handling their 757 development. With no news, I don't think about it, and I don't constantly want/wish for it every time I see a new update.New screenshots are always nice, but just text updates? Blah...I'd rather just hear about it when it's done or when the development team has a finalized date.Just my two schillings.

PhD Computational Fluid Dynamics (which is essentially mathematical modelling of very complex systems involving fluid flow (air is a "fluid" in physics terms).)
Does he have any sort of engineering degree in there? Fluid and thermodynamics is the meat and potatoes of mechanical engineering.

I remember a few months ago, PMDG was working their dealings with Boeing and the manuals. I believe Ryan had confirmed all of the manuals would be included with your purchase. Everything; the QRH, the flight manuals, the PMDG-specific, and the others. The only caveat is that they will be protected to prevent printing and other forms of editing.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

So we wont be able to print the manuals? I hope thats a joke. If I cant print a POH for this aircraft I wont be buying it.$100 a plane and a manual you cant print forget it.I own all of PMDGs stuff but that will break the deal for me.Please tell me this isnt true.

So we wont be able to print the manuals? I hope thats a joke. If I cant print a POH for this aircraft I wont be buying it.$100 a plane and a manual you cant print forget it.I own all of PMDGs stuff but that will break the deal for me.Please tell me this isnt true.
Remember, these are copyright Boeing manuals. They obviously do not want some shady guy printing off dozens of copies of the technical details of the most popular Boeing aircraft and giving them out to who-knows-whom.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Looking forward to the new NGX, especially with my new system.One question only: are you guys planing an update or working with Microsoft in connection to Flight to update/develop NGX forthe new Flight? Or is it too early to say anything about that? Flight will definitely be knocking in 1-2 years I guess (maybe even earlier?).
Word Not Allowed-At this time, we are prohibited from discussing Microsoft Flight, the impact we feel it will have on the hobby-simmer, or whether or not we wish to support that platform in its currently planned format.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Ash-I am going to pick on you because you have just performed the cardinal sin of conjecture without supporting basis of information or critical thought process.I have to ask: Am I supposed to be impressed by your ultimatum? Does your conjecture above make ANY SENSE WHATS-SO-EVER when you actually stop to think about it?I'm guessing you didn't, because it makes absolutely no sense...First problem: Where are you getting $100 from? We haven't announced pricing, so please don't go leaping to conclusions based on thin air.Second problem: We have not addressed what restrictions may/may not be placed on the documentation that comes with your product, so please don't throw a three-year-old-spoiled-child tantrum based on imaginary fears that have no basis in fact.In the future, rather than trying to impress us all with your "I'm going to throw a tantrum to prove my point" attitude- perhaps ASKING THE DARN QUESTION THAT CONCERNS YOU will bring some positive interaction and an informed, conclusive answer to your question.Sorry to pick on you- but the resources to have your question answered without a tantrum are here. Use them, or be treated as you have treated us.
I remember a few months ago, PMDG was working their dealings with Boeing and the manuals. I believe Ryan had confirmed all of the manuals would be included with your purchase. Everything; the QRH, the flight manuals, the PMDG-specific, and the others. The only caveat is that they will be protected to prevent printing and other forms of editing.
Eric-Your commentary regarding restrictions to printing are not valid. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from creating frustration for folks based on something that has not been confirmed by us.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I do not recall saying that the manuals would not be printable either - I think I probably said something to the effect of "anti-piracy measures" - but printing would be a pretty ridiculous way to pirate them wouldn't it? They're 3500 pages long.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Clearly at the bottom of my post I asked for clarification... Hence why I said "Please tell me this isn't true."The price was unfounded and clearly was just a shot in the dark. Clearly your companys planes seem to go at the higher-end of the spectrum for pay-ware and are worth every penny. So it was a rough guess of what I had payed in the past. Certainly the USD is not as strong as it used to be and it would not surprise me to see the price go higher on your 737NGX.I took the other forum members advice due to the fact he has been here longer than me and seemed to have been following the issue. Clearly he was mistaken as to the situation.Wasn't an ultimatum, I certainly didn't expect PMDG to adjust their procedures due to me, or anyone else for that matter. If you guys didn't want to have your manuals printed that's up to your discretion of course. I was just shocked to be told I couldn't print the manual lol. I am a starving student pilot who is currently fighting the FAA to reinstate his 1st Class Medical after beating terminal cancer. So being in my financial situation at this point I cringed at thinking of having to outlay another $350 for your guys copy. I have stacks of your manuals all over my house that I love paging thru so to think I wouldn't have them I was like OMG.Will always come and ask you guys next time before I jump to conclusions! :( Sorry Rob!

Wow, there are people who really wanna read through 3,500 pages (I didn't know there were that many prior to now) of info on a computer flight simulator? Hmmm, okay...

Now don't go planning any short-term vacations... You wouldn't want to miss release day!
Hmm, got my suitcase packed, ready to go for a 2 week vacation......How do I tell the wife I am not coming.......?Great news! For the frist time can´t wait for the vacation to be over LOL.gif Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5