Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Re: NGX impending release: Are we there yet?

A few questions to you PMDG:Is it going to be possible to use a failure model which will give us the possibility to say that i want a "real" failure behaviour? So that maybe something fails every 300hours of flight or whatever is most relistic.I know you have always had a failure system which allowed me to say that i want a failure every XXXhours but that's not very good for me, because it might happen that there are many fails close togeather and then none for a very large timeline.Also i'm wondering if you have modeled the rain/ice effects seen in the JS41?And one last thing: It seems that the development is almost finished now. So i'm sure you can gave us information about how the frames finally are now.Thank you for taking the time to answer all our questions.
Hi I am just thinking loud (while I shouldn’t LOL).I imagine that if the NGX would have a maintenance schedule that is linked to the flight hours and to the flight log that specially dedicated to it (separate from FSX log book), so with the accumulation of hours and before each flight you will have to check it and perform the requested maintenance action (only by a click of a button) of course with pop up info box giving a brief description about the maintenance item and how often it has be performed and consequences if you don’t, this will be very educational and realistic. However, if you don’t perform this maintenance request, like in real world the percentage of a during flight failure will be increasing, till it actually happens according to real world flight statistics.The other thing is again based on real flights events and statistics, you would have a failure that is happening for unknown cause at the time and you should deal with accordingly, and it doesn’t have to be fatal or it might be.The whole maintenance mode could be switched off or saved on a file and it could be another page at the load manager showing the NGX in plan and side view with yellow or red highlights for parts that need maintenace, also it could be very limited to certain systems and not all.I know that, the idea is not a new one and some FS add ons is already having something close to this, but I think applying this system with a PMDG plane is going to be great with the well-known PMDG accuracy and perfection. Alaa Riad

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Looking forward to the new NGX, especially with my new system.One question only: are you guys planing an update or working with Microsoft in connection to Flight to update/develop NGX forthe new Flight? Or is it too early to say anything about that? Flight will definitely be knocking in 1-2 years I guess (maybe even earlier?).

I think it's a tad early for anyone apart from microsoft to know the ins and outs of "Flight"

Looking forward to the new NGX, especially with my new system.One question only: are you guys planing an update or working with Microsoft in connection to Flight to update/develop NGX forthe new Flight? Or is it too early to say anything about that? Flight will definitely be knocking in 1-2 years I guess (maybe even earlier?).
When you fire up the NGX @ ex. BFI for det first time in FSX, MS Flight will be the last thing on your mind. Enjoy the package as it is :(

Will they be included with the actualy product download though?
As far as I've read, the only issue was with putting them out for free on the website, there was no issue with putting them in the (paid) package.

As far as I've read, the only issue was with putting them out for free on the website, there was no issue with putting them in the (paid) package.
That's grand then because by the look of the depth that this is going into I'd say a manual is a must, but I just don't have $300 lying around Straight%20Face.gif

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Will they be included with the actualy product download though?
+1My question in my last post. I simply cannot afford hundreds of $'s for expensive manuals separate to the a/c. One would 'hope' at least a basic manual to learn how to fly it comes with the download of the a/c (if not cannot understandy why other Boeings are released that way)?David Stewart.Perth, W.A.,

David Stewart, Dianella, Western Australia.

New PC coming one day! | In the meantime I fly with; AMD X64 1.2Ghz Dual Core | 6Gb Ram | 6600GT | Old case | FSX | REX | Superbug FA-18F | Capt Sim 767 | ORBX Aust Scenery |

Jandakot | PC12 & numerous others.

Guest dlrk

I'd like to verify that the manuals will be included with the paid download for the NGX. It's a bit unreasonable to expect hundreds of dollars for manuals.

Regarding Manuals....I guess people should be defining their definition of "manuals"PMDG have said in the past that there will be the PMDG written product manual for the 737NGX.What waits to be seen is what part of the 737NG type-rating/training manuals will or won't be included.I suspect the grey area comes about from the fact that Boeing manuals will tell you how to fly this marvellous bird - in so much as they tell you how to fly the (slightly more expensive) Boeing version. For this I guess RSR and team must be applauded. :( Chris.

Hoping for some new shots of the bird :(

New shots? There are tons on their Facebook, by the way. I don't want anymore new shots. I'm ready for the installation file..

New shots? There are tons on their Facebook, by the way. I don't want anymore new shots. I'm ready for the installation file..
1+ release day in sight

Thanks for the update. I take it that you also simulated the open air view through the ceiling a la Southwest. This is mandatory for a faithful simulation...

Thanks for the update. I take it that you also simulated the open air view through the ceiling a la Southwest. This is mandatory for a faithful simulation...
only on a -300 ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg