Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Re: NGX impending release: Are we there yet?

How am I exaggerating? My point is that there is no limit to beta. The point of beta is to make sure the bugs are worked out on different hardware. So there might be a problem that takes time to fix or it could be problem free and take a few days to be released. Honestly PMDG probably doesn't even know how long it lasts because they don't even know if any problems exist yet.
Well, PMDG will take their time but as far as I know, RSR said that thier Beta phase won´t last that long as normal because they have sorted the big bug´s out before and the Beta will just be a test whether everything is fine on the end user sysrem (installation, conflicts with windows and so on). So 1 year is a bit too long. I think in 2 or 3 months we´ll get her.

How am I exaggerating? My point is that there is no limit to beta. The point of beta is to make sure the bugs are worked out on different hardware. So there might be a problem that takes time to fix or it could be problem free and take a few days to be released. Honestly PMDG probably doesn't even know how long it lasts because they don't even know if any problems exist yet.
You are exaggerating.

So 1 year is a bit too long. I think in 2 or 3 months we´ll get her.
Maybe. As you said, all the major bugs were eliminated, so the beta phase would be just to check compatibility with the different systems, check installation and probable conflicts, so I believe that until the end of this month or the beginning of May the NGX will be in beta and as of the end of May to beginning of June we'll finally have it.

Matheus Mafra

So how close to beta are we?Joe barton
It may happen tomorrow... It may happen next week... It may happen next month...All we know is that it's close, but how close... no one knows exactly.

Matheus Mafra

They said they'd tell us about BETA testing but I actually hope they don't and then just give us a day or twos notice before they release it. Any comment yet from PMDG as to which models it includes (600, 700, 800, 900, 900ER) and as to weather it will be released in one package or two as they did before...And if it was two, I think releasing the 700 and 800 in one package as they are the most common and then the 600, 900 and 900ER in another would be the best, but that's just my opinion.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

You are exaggerating.
He's not exaggerating, he is bang on 100% correct, nobody knows how long beta could last it never has a time frame, not even team members know, beta is a step to check the product for bugs, could be very quick or they might find something that could take along time to fix. And for all those that say well Robert said this and Robert said that please remember that PMDG said mid 2010, then coming 2010. That being said I don't mind when developers make assumptions or give us insight as to how they think things will go. But don't think for one moment that the beta period is going to be a walk in the park, you may be disappointed.

He's not exaggerating, he is bang on 100% correct, nobody knows how long beta could last it never has a time frame, not even team members know, beta is a step to check the product for bugs, could be very quick or they might find something that could take along time to fix. And for all those that say well Robert said this and Robert said that please remember that PMDG said mid 2010, then coming 2010. That being said I don't mind when developers make assumptions or give us insight as to how they think things will go. But don't think for one moment that the beta period is going to be a walk in the park, you may be disappointed.
I remember with the Airbus X from Aerosoft beta testing was supposed to take about 2-3 months and ended up taking about 7 and then another 5 afterwards to get more bugs fixed...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Hey GuysThis might have been answered before but I couldn't confirm it... Do we know if the FMC will be 10.8 with VNAV takeoff capability?Also will automatic ignition be simulated?Thanks

- Stephen Sandwell

NG_Aviator

I remember with the Airbus X from Aerosoft beta testing was supposed to take about 2-3 months and ended up taking about 7 and then another 5 afterwards to get more bugs fixed...
Exactly my point, I compare Beta to a baseball game, you go to the park expecting to watch a 9 inning game and it ends up going for 22 innings.biggrin.gif

Ifly have not specified a release date not sure where you got may 30th from?
I got this from another message board, but from someone who sounded very credible. If they were incorrect, then my post is wrong too.

Any comment yet from PMDG as to which models it includes (600, 700, 800, 900, 900ER) and as to weather it will be released in one package or two as they did before...
No. They will announce it a few days or hours before the release.

Matheus Mafra

That date came from some distributor. Even iFly doesn't know where they came up with that date. The iFly NGX is in beta testing right now. It will go to a few extra folks (winners of a contest) for a week after beta testing just to be sure it's ready,then it will be released to the general public. Just like PMDG, they've said it will be released when it's ready.

NAX669.png

About the guy who everyone said was exaggerating with his post...maybe a year ago I would have said it was but after 3+ years another year added on to development doesn't seem so incredible does it.