Sign in to follow this  
byork

RELEASED! VOICE COMMANDR FOR THE IFLY 737NG!

Attention iFly 737NG Drivers!"Voice Commander" for the iFly 737NG has just been released!!!Click here to download!A 5 Euro coupon code for any pre-existing FS2Crew customer is available. The coupon code is: VOICERequirements:

• IFLY 737NG from Flight1 Software. Aircraft not included.
  • IFLY 737NG SP2 or later (available via the iFly Support Forum).
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 9/2004.
  • Speech Recognition Settings: XP users must install SAPI. Vista/Windows 7 users must be able to set their Speech Recognizer language setting in the Windows Control Panel Speech Properties panel to English - US. If in doubt, please contact FS2Crew Support.
  • Microphone (USB Headset recommended).

General Notes:

• Discounts for previous FS2Crew owners: It's 5 Euros. It works on the honor system. Coupon code is: VOICE. Enter it on the Checkout Page (top right hand corner).
  • FSX Version: When iFly releases their FSX version, FS2Crew will give all users a FREE upgrade to the FSX version of FS2Crew iFly 737.
  • You need SP2 or later from the iFly Support forum. Please download it if you don't have it.

Features:

• Real-World B737NG SOPs tested and designed by an active B737 Captain.
  • Voice control and interaction with the autopilot and aircraft systems.
  • Direct and seamless integration owing to the iFly's very powerful SDK (no keypresses or simulated mouse clicks used for FO interaction).
  • Normal Checklists.
  • B737 specific Crew flows (Captain and FO, PF and PM).
  • FA interaction.
  • Start Crew/Pushback interaction.
  • Cabin announcements.
  • Captain PAs.
  • External ground/air starts (cross bleed engine starts).
  • Bleeds off takeoffs and landings.
  • Departure profiles (NADP 1 and NADP 2).
  • Various approach profiles and Missed Approaches.
  • Turn-arounds/Thru-Flights.
  • De-Icing at the gate or pad.
  • Circuits/Touch and Go's.
  • High Altitude airport procedures.
  • External Air/GPU handling (Engine Start and Pushback/ Gate Arrival).
  • Free version of FS Video Marshaller (a 14 EUR value). The Video Marshaller can even interface with the iFly 737NG (Ground Air/Power).

Just did a quick jump from EGSS-EGKK to test the basic functions and had no problems at all so seems really solid. Can't wait to test all of the new features in this version! Thanks for the release anyway Bryan....wasn't that confident we were ever going to see it for the iFly, but this truly has to be the single best fs9 simulation now.

Just did a quick jump from EGSS-EGKK to test the basic functions and had no problems at all so seems really solid. Can't wait to test all of the new features in this version! Thanks for the release anyway Bryan....wasn't that confident we were ever going to see it for the iFly, but this truly has to be the single best fs9 simulation now.
Hi Clum,Glad you like it :Big Grin:Do help spread the word!We tested it quite hard before release and I think the beta team did a pretty good job ironing all the kinks out.Just remember everyone:Unlike the 'Button Control' version, you need to turn on the Battery Switch on the Overhead panel. This will provide power to the FS2Crew Main Panel.Cheers,

I got it and reading the manual right now, I must say I'm impressed with the number of possible voice commands, many more than other voice editions I guess? Even a speed restriction from the FMC can be deleted by a voice command and the ability to "dial" even the COMM radios by voice is absolutely wonderful and great convenience for online flyers. Still haven't flown with it but what I see in the documentation exceeds expectations, congratulations! From the top of my head the only routinely used function I don't see is a voice command for setting the squawk and changing transponder modes, but then again this kind of functionality would only be considered appealing for some online pilots.Thank you for yet another great product!

Here's some feedback after a short round trip. I tried to test as much as possible from the callouts, not all of them though. Excellent overall experience, the aircraft does come alive!One bug I noticed and hopefully people will try to reproduce it: voice callouts for dialing the COMM radios work fine, except when asking for 25hz frequency increments. For example 122.725 is a legitimate COMM frequency (displayed as 122.72 for brevity in most aircraft radio stacks, including the 737). However asking the FO to dial in either 122.725 or 122.72 or any other frequency that has an increment of 25hz and not 50hz does not work. The speech command gets fully recognized by the speech recognition engine and is displayed as pronounced in the green bar. If the requested frequency consisted of 3 digits after the decimal point it gets abbreviated in the green bar, i.e. asking for 122.725 is recognized as asking for 122.72. The requested frequency however is not dialed in the COMM radio. This problem only happens with the 25 increments. 50 and 100 increments work just fine.Another thing I noticed: there are no voice callouts for switcing on/off the autothrottle and no voice callout for disengaging the autopilot. This might be intentionally by design? I think though at least for the autothrottle that a callout might be handy.Other than that it's a very rewarding experience and I'm off for another flight right now!Be safe! :)

Here's some feedback after a short round trip. I tried to test as much as possible from the callouts, not all of them though. Excellent overall experience, the aircraft does come alive!One bug I noticed and hopefully people will try to reproduce it: voice callouts for dialing the COMM radios work fine, except when asking for 25hz frequency increments. For example 122.725 is a legitimate COMM frequency (displayed as 122.72 for brevity in most aircraft radio stacks, including the 737). However asking the FO to dial in either 122.725 or 122.72 or any other frequency that has an increment of 25hz and not 50hz does not work. The speech command gets fully recognized by the speech recognition engine and is displayed as pronounced in the green bar. If the requested frequency consisted of 3 digits after the decimal point it gets abbreviated in the green bar, i.e. asking for 122.725 is recognized as asking for 122.72. The requested frequency however is not dialed in the COMM radio. This problem only happens with the 25 increments. 50 and 100 increments work just fine.Another thing I noticed: there are no voice callouts for switcing on/off the autothrottle and no voice callout for disengaging the autopilot. This might be intentionally by design? I think though at least for the autothrottle that a callout might be handy.Other than that it's a very rewarding experience and I'm off for another flight right now!Be safe! :)
1. It's currently a limitation. You can only do numbers that end in .00 or .50.2. Hmmm, i think, that if you want to disengage CMD, simply say "select command X" again.

Hi Bryan,very well done! Thank you very much!One problem. During cruise I switched off the voice knob. After reselecting shortly before descend briefing the FO calls turning off CTR fuel pumps. The CTR fuel pumps are already off and the the flow freezes at "FO action" and can not be selected forward or backward manually. Any idea what I´m doing wrong`?Thanks,Holger

Hi Bryan,very well done! Thank you very much!One problem. During cruise I switched off the voice knob. After reselecting shortly before descend briefing the FO calls turning off CTR fuel pumps. The CTR fuel pumps are already off and the the flow freezes at "FO action" and can not be selected forward or backward manually. Any idea what I´m doing wrong`?Thanks,Holger
Hi Holger,Glad you like it.I'm not sure. Can you reproduce that?I suspect turning off 'Voice' maybe did something.Don't turn off 'Voice'... Just use "Hard Mute".Cheers,

Another thing I noticed: there are no voice callouts for switcing on/off the autothrottle and no voice callout for disengaging the autopilot. This might be intentionally by design? I think though at least for the autothrottle that a callout might be handy.Other than that it's a very rewarding experience and I'm off for another flight right now!Be safe! :)
Not modeled, but if you want it can be added in an update.Reason for not modelling that is you'd never do it in real life:Pushbutton for the disengaging the autopilot is on the yoke, and the push button to disengage the autothrottle is on the throttle. So why command the FO do it since you're fingers would already be on the controls.Cheers,

Hi Holger,Glad you like it.I'm not sure. Can you reproduce that?I suspect turning off 'Voice' maybe did something.Don't turn off 'Voice'... Just use "Hard Mute".Cheers,
On longer flights I usually turn off the voice (when in cruise) in order to avoid any interactions if I talking in the background or something else. Will try the hard mute in the future.Just do my second flight (2h leg). I will report when I can reproduce the problem.There is another little problem. After engine start and selecting flaps the engine start switches are not switched to continous possition (stay in Auto position). I could reproduce that issue.Second. One small suggestion for a future update. Would be nice If the taxi light could be switched on by command (and not automatcally after flaps selecting). Thank you,Holger

Not modeled, but if you want it can be added in an update.Reason for not modelling that is you'd never do it in real life:Pushbutton for the disengaging the autopilot is on the yoke, and the push button to disengage the autothrottle is on the throttle. So why command the FO do it since you're fingers would already be on the controls.Cheers,
Thanks for the answer, Bryan!I thought that might be the case. The thing is the controls people use for simming are seldom that realistic and a voice callout can resolve the lack of enough or convenient buttons to push for these actions. Not sure if enough people are interested in this to justify the extra work to add it as a feature, perhaps create a separate topic/poll investigating the extra features or fixes people want? I'm not particularly concerned about this frankly, it's so minor compared to what you've given us. I'm more interested in seeing the radio COMM problem resolved as the voice dialing of the radios is really a big thing, especially when flying online and these 25hz frequencies are often used by controllers.Cheers! :)P.S. In response to the previous poster: I can't confirm the engine problem: done 4 flights so far, each time engine switches are set to continuous correctly.

Hi Holger,Start Switches Staying in Auto is modeled correct... Some models have an 'Auto' position... if they do, the start switches should stay in that position... hence the term 'auto'.If not, FO will manually move the knob to CONT.Same thing applies to the start switches with respect to EAI and WAI usage..I'll consider the request for the taxi light, but I'll have to run it by my 737 consultant first.Thing to remember is that everything you're seeing in FS2Crew was checked over (or devised) by him, and he's in the plane maybe 80 hours a month.Cheers,

Hello again ;)The hard mute function doesen´t work for me ):I have clicked the LK button and it appears a small yellow rectangle where the M should be appear. If I do so I can´t hide the main panel anymore. I have followed the instrctions in the manual.Thanks,Holger