Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

You're not getting my MONEY! Buyer Beware!

N400QW, you've won. B) Now, please, answer us some questions (which were repeated and are still open).For example, if Microsoft, Sony and other companies aren't able to give numbers on piracy which withstand the view of a judge longer than a minute, why is Eaglesoft able to speak about 'hard-coded' ones then?A. Please reread my very first response in this thread. There you will find that I pointed to Confidentiality and you acknowledged that you "get it":( Or, if you are speaking about solid protection measures, why is the average user able to find free offers at Google after some minutes of looking, sometimes seconds, even of the fancy stuff you guys are not tired of calling "safe"?A. I have no interest in discussing what is or is not available on the internet when any curious reader can see for themselves.:( And why do you guys proclaim an EULA to be law while it is everything but this? This was pointed out at least twice and you've just ignored it while not getting tired of posting your 'I know it all' mentality and sarcasm.A. I have not stated that EULA is law. What part of "none of your business" is difficult for you to comprehend? I've stated that repeated calls for priveleged information from you do not represent an obligation to us or other developers/vendors.:(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

There still isn't a single valid protection method out to have proven any influence on pirate numbers since you still can't measure them. You can count sales and then assume that 'no sales equals high piracy'. That method (hard to call it that way) is as simple as it is wrong.
You are very, very good at building strawman arguments, but seem to have failed at basic logic. Your very premise above is a prime example of a logical fallacy.If in fact it is the case that there's no "hard data" to prove a positive, then that same lack of "hard data" cannot be subsequently used to prove a negative! At best it says nothing usefull at all.What is -in fact- used as a rough measure of effectiveness is trend analysis, which requires hard numbers generated over time from both similar and divergent paradigms. This is precisely the type of information that no reasonably sane company will ever make public knowledge.Of course all that carefully reasoned analysis may well be wrong, but at the very least it allows one to be wrong with a high degree of confidence! The only true measure of any paradigms' effectiveness is provided by the company's profit-loss ratio.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The only story I will tell you is that I've removed the VRS F/A 18 from my signature.
Me too my friend, so I feel for you.Shame, as when it works, it's a truely GREAT addon.Just seems it's very sensitive to some setups - mine included apparently.

Since nobody ever questioned the nice handling of the F1 system, I'm wondering why this no-question-status now gets mentioned as a big Pro?
I mentioned F1 because it uses instant and automated reactivation.The OP was frustrated by a system that uses manual email reactivation.The thrust of the thread has been copy protection should be convenient and out of sight.

The only story I will tell you is that I've removed the VRS F/A 18 from my signature. My 15 minutes of fame are up.Thanks to each one of you for your contribution to this thread.
Ah, ok, that's sad but reasonable.As Dougal says, the product is really nice but I once again have a great respect for your principles there, and I once again see that there are guys (not you, DJ Jose) which really love the "black" side of their lives, no matter what.Thanks for your patience with some of us, DJ Jose, lets hope for some more positive things to report in the future. :smile:Since the OP has chosen to end this thread here, I will respect his attitude and leave the thing. Thanks to all guys showing up. Happy flights!