Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

This is what an NG REALLY looks like

Not super exciting but I've posted a video of the HUD view transitioning from climb to cruise for anyone interested.
TB
TB, one of the things I wondered about while watching your vids was the phases of flight during which you normally use the HGS. Asides from filming for our enlightenment, when would you normally use the HGS and in what modes?Thanks in advance!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I've put another video up of a (real) -800 in the cruise. Again not very exciting but it does show a non-conformal view through the HUD - the boresight is dotted indicating that the path indicated on the HUDis not actually showing the true path of the plane in the outside world. This is due to the strong xwind from the left. The true path would be somewhere further out to the right beyond the limit of the HUD screen.And yes the TCAS isnt working on this A/C.

TB

I've put another video up of a (real) -800 in the cruise. Again not very exciting but it does show a non-conformal view through the HUD - the boresight is dotted indicating that the path indicated on the HUDis not actually showing the true path of the plane in the outside world. This is due to the strong xwind from the left. The true path would be somewhere further out to the right beyond the limit of the HUD screen.And yes the TCAS isnt working on this A/C.TB
Really appreciate you sharing these videos with us. They are extremely interesting.

STD stands for Standard Barometric Pressure -- 29.92. Regards

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

TB, one of the things I wondered about while watching your vids was the phases of flight during which you normally use the HGS. Asides from filming for our enlightenment, when would you normally use the HGS and in what modes?Thanks in advance!
Normally PRI mode for T/O and initial approach, Then IMC mode for an instrument app, which gives an uncluttered view. AIII mode perhaps for an ILS just for the hell of it - AIII doesnt give us any lower minimas here in Australia - maybe one day.A visual app maybe in VMC mode or PRI mode. The rest of the time it just sits in PRI. If there is a lot of turbulence or strong xwinds on landing I dont take much notice of it as it jumps around quite a bit and I prefer just to look at the "big" picture on conventional instruments or outside. But thats just a personal preference.Soon you will be able to experiment yourself when the sim is up and running. I just post the videos as everyone seems interested in the HUD.TB

Was watching the SAS 737 video from AERO presentations and the captain was using the HGS almost 100% of the time if it was fitted to the aircraft. No idea if thats normal for the airline or just his prefence.Andrew Simmons

Normally PRI mode for T/O and initial approach, Then IMC mode for an instrument app, which gives an uncluttered view. AIII mode perhaps for an ILS just for the hell of it - AIII doesnt give us any lower minimas here in Australia - maybe one day.A visual app maybe in VMC mode or PRI mode. The rest of the time it just sits in PRI. If there is a lot of turbulence or strong xwinds on landing I dont take much notice of it as it jumps around quite a bit and I prefer just to look at the "big" picture on conventional instruments or outside. But thats just a personal preference.Soon you will be able to experiment yourself when the sim is up and running. I just post the videos as everyone seems interested in the HUD.TB
Thx for the info TB, most interesting. Your vids are appreciated by all of us here!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thx for the info TB, most interesting. Your vids are appreciated by all of us here!
+1!

STD stands for Standard Barometric Pressure -- 29.92. Regards
Thanks, the first time I saw that a LOLed (I'm a teen)

When I first saw it (some years ago, also as a teen) I was very confused as well LMAO.gif

Wallace

When I first saw it (some years ago, also as a teen) I was very confused as well LMAO.gif
LOL. I didn't even see that until now LOL.gif

For those expecting the release of the Angle of Attack Training Material for the PMDG 737NGX, like me, we have news. In AoA's Facebook page, a message was posted saying that the AoA Team is [apparently] about to get the NGX to make the videos for the training.

Just got news that PMDG will be providing our team with the 737 NG for FSX to keep the momentum going on the training products we're working on! We're super excited to get this machine within the next few days!
Just to let everyone know. Guess what:Chris Palmer, who we could call of the Mr. Robert S. Randazzo of AoA, just confirmed that information via email those who signed up to the NGX Training newsletter. Basically, he said that he had a talk with PMDG today and they are going to allow AoA to get their hands on the NGX. Chris said he'll be providing us with his thoughts and impressions on the NGX over the next days and weeks. The same way the NGX will bring many new stuff to the flight simming world, AoA announced via newsletter that they will bring lots of new stuff to their training material as well. I recommend signing up to AoA's NGX training newsletter at the bottom of this page. Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

I really hope that means we'll see the wider beta start happening in the near future.

I really hope that means we'll see the wider beta start happening in the near future.
I just tell myself that they have it already... makes me feel good I guess...

Wallace