Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

The world may not have ended but...

"Je ne suis pas d'accord avec ce que vous dites, mais je me battrai jusqu'au bout pour que vous puissiez le dire." - Voltaire
Well said!

Everybody has a right to their own opinion, but there is no automatic right to express that opinion when it will knowingly cause offence or upset.

Everybody has a right to their own opinion, but there is no automatic right to express that opinion when it will knowingly cause offence or upset.
So saying that you don't believe in God is offensive?

So saying that you don't believe in God is offensive?
No. Saying that I do or do not believe in God is fine. Saying you are wrong to believe/not belive is wrong.

Would you all stop being so sensitive. Religious reference or not, it really shouldn't matter. Taking offense to something requires conscious thought of the mind, so you're choosing to take offense to something. In this case, it's a vague religious reference at best, so a choice to take offense to that is somewhat asinine.

BIRD is the ICAO identifier for the airport beside the volcano not one of our feathered friends...
Close. It's the identifier for the Icelandic FIR. It's similar to KZDC in the States (Washington ARTCC) or EURM across the pond (Eurocontrol Maastricht).

Kyle Rodgers

No. Saying that I do or do not believe in God is fine. Saying you are wrong to believe/not belive is wrong.
Then I agree with you. Sorry if my question sounded confrontational, guess I must've woken up on the wrong side lol.

Only in this forum can the topic go from an erupting volcano to believing in God.******* people.Get back on topic. This isn't the place for this.

RobinThis is a very inapropriate post in a forum like this.
It is no more inappropriate than being told as a non-believer I will be scooped up from the planet by something that can't even be proven to exist!So tell me... which part was inappropriate again?You realize that there are people in genuine fear of their lives over this? Religion exists through fear. It creates it to remain in control. "Thou shalt conform lest God smite thee". Yeah... right! I'm still here, buddy.I've yet to see one Catholic Priest face prosecution for one of the most heinous crimes one human could commit against another. Religion should be no protection from the full force of the law. It puts religion above the law, and no man should EVER be above the law!Best regards,Robin.

"Je ne suis pas d'accord avec ce que vous dites, mais je me battrai jusqu'au bout pour que vous puissiez le dire." - Voltaire
+1Best regards,Robin.

It is no more inappropriate than being told as a non-believer I will be scooped up from the planet by something that can't even be proven to exist!So tell me... which part was inappropriate again?You realize that there are people in genuine fear of their lives over this? Religion exists through fear. It creates it to remain in control. "Thou shalt conform lest God smite thee". Yeah... right! I'm still here, buddy.Best regards,Robin.
You remind me of a guy I went to Afghanistan with, all it took was a few rounds of 7.62mm to come our way and he was praying more then the Pope on a Sunday. I think you need to lighten up a bit.

I am light already - Johan thought it was inappropriate one way, I'm saying it is inappropriate the other.Best regards,Robin.

Even the vulcano is excited about the NGX

You remind me of a guy I went to Afghanistan with, all it took was a few rounds of 7.62mm to come our way and he was praying more then the Pope on a Sunday. I think you need to lighten up a bit.
Just what Robin said... Fear -> religion.

Guys,Here are Avsim's terms of use.http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.