Sign in to follow this  
Jack_C

Still a sight too see but somewhat butt-ugly

There is always an inherent risk in either mechanical or electrical inputs for flying or really anything. If it can go wrong, it will. Believe me. I see it everyday being an electrical engineer.

Here you go. I'd pay extra for those seats!a380mod.jpg
lol A couple more decks and she'll look like the Queen Mary 2

Coke or Pepsi?Ford or Chevy?Fox or CNN?Boeing or Airbus?It is all a matter of taste.

Got it in one there....tongue.gifBut in a side note, I fly Airbus and they aren't actually as bad as some people believe, they're a pleasure to fly and the cockpit is very roomy and airy.
That picture is spot on! :( I bet they are all very nice planes to fly and to travel in, but the exterior is still a little dumpy feeling. A sgree with a previous poster that they slope of the wings are positive point for the A380.

This is just where pilots opinions differ from flight sim enthusiasts. We (I) dont care what we (I) fly, what it looks like, sounds like or how big it is (okay maybe we..(I) do)..just as long as we get paid! I'd fly whatever they pay me to fly...when you spend all that time in it, a planes a plane believe me. Seneca or airbus. I'd still join the 777 fleet when I have the hours!! Hehehe

Coke or Pepsi?Ford or Chevy?Fox or CNN?Boeing or Airbus?It is all a matter of taste.
Or in that case, news or propaganda Silly.gif

Now I have always been biased towards Boeing and always will be. My first flight was a 737-200 back in the 70's and since then have always had a soft spot for her. I think I've flown every model of Boeing jet and in the past 6 years almost every flight has been a 777, with the odd 330 and 340 thrown in. However I have flown the A380 twice now, both times with Emirates and luckily enough in F. I'm not one to sing the praises of Airbus and have had some rather unpleasant flights on the 340, but I have to say the 380 is something else, it is one outstanding plane. It's quietness and comfort is superb and (from some angles) can be a somewhat pretty plane, albeit the best looking widebodies will always be the T7 and L-1011 !!!Karl

Today was the 1st time I've seen two. Cruising by SFO today I saw not only the Lufthansa A380 but parked at the other end of the terminal (terminal A) was an Air France 380. Seems Air France will not be outdone by Lufthansa, no? Heck even KLM was showing off some new hardware to SFO today -773ER in the Skyteam livery.Was a cool site at the park. :(

First time I seen two of hese in the same day2011-05-30_16-59-38_327.jpg2011-05-30_18-17-16_235.jpgJackColwill

pssst: tongue.gifmanateeb.jpg
So wait, Ryan are you giving us a hint on PMDG's next secret project? A flying manatee? If so I wonder where they got the specs? :(

The manatee clearly means that PMDG has something up the proverbial sleeve. See where its left fin is "up" on its right arm. That, or it has an itchy armpit biggrin.gif

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

pssst: tongue.gifmanateeb.jpg
Wow... What a beautiful shot! Is that at Natgeo shot of the A380 in flight testing? Amazing how close to a Manatee it looks eh?