Sign in to follow this  
Jack_C

Still a sight too see but somewhat butt-ugly

She is fat, but she has some beautiful engines and some nice wings. I hate the look of the airbus planes normally. They are just not as clean. I think the prettiest wings and engines go to the 737ng and the 77w/lr.

She is fat, but she has some beautiful engines and some nice wings. I hate the look of the airbus planes normally. They are just not as clean. I think the prettiest wings and engines go to the 737ng and the 77w/lr.
Completely agree with you. For me, the 737 is the most beautiful airplane of all, regarding engines, wings, fuselage, flight deck... Everything. I also like the engines of the 777. They are really incredibly huge. If Boeing decided to put winglets in it, the wings would much more pretty.Nothing against Airbus, but beside look, I don't like the way they design the avionics. I mean, for Airbus, automation is the way to assure safety. The pilot actually don't fly the plane. He just tells the aircraft what to do, and sometimes the avionics revolt and simply override his commands. An example of what I'm saying is what happened to Air France Flight 296 during a demostration show at Mulhouse-Habsheim Airport in France, in June 26th, 1988. In Boeing airplanes, automation is there to help the pilot, not to "fly the pilot". The automatic systems have the control, but in the when the pilot needs the controls, he can override automation and take back the airplane. In Airbus, the pilots work for automation and in Boeing, both the pilots and automation work together. At least, that's what they say on TV LOL.gif.

Matheus Mafra

First time I seen two of hese in the same dayJackColwill
Nice, but I've seen these two at the same airport at the same time!!! Just%20Kidding.gif

the 77w is the most ugliest plane ever
This probably broke my heart angry.gif i've never came across someone that doesn't like it! Hypnotized.gif

Completely agree with you. For me, the 737 is the most beautiful airplane of all, regarding engines, wings, fuselage, flight deck... Everything. I also like the engines of the 777. They are really incredibly huge. If Boeing decided to put winglets in it, the wings would much more pretty.Nothing against Airbus, but beside look, I don't like the way they design the avionics. I mean, for Airbus, automation is the way to assure safety. The pilot actually don't fly the plane. He just tells the aircraft what to do, and sometimes the avionics revolt and simply override his commands. An example of what I'm saying is what happened to Air France Flight 296 during a demostration show at Mulhouse-Habsheim Airport in France, in June 26th, 1988. In Boeing airplanes, automation is there to help the pilot, not to "fly the pilot". The automatic systems have the control, but in the when the pilot needs the controls, he can override automation and take back the airplane. In Airbus, the pilots work for automation and in Boeing, both the pilots and automation work together. At least, that's what they say on TV LOL.gif.
And you're qualified to say this because you have real life experience flying both Boeing and Airbus aircraft, correct?As a plane geek, I prefer Boeings. As a passenger, I'll take the Airbi, although it's heavily dependent on how the airline has the aircraft configured. The best flight I've ever had was a LAX-SYD sector on a Qantas 380. I don't think there's a quieter, more comfortable aircraft out there right now.Additionally, the 380 stretch/389/whatever they call it looks much more proportional. The added length counterbalances the width of the fuselage from a visual perspective.-john rodgers

And you're qualified to say this because you have real life experience flying both Boeing and Airbus aircraft, correct?
Unfortunately no. In any airplane, actually.
As a plane geek, I prefer Boeings. As a passenger, I'll take the Airbi, although it's heavily dependent on how the airline has the aircraft configured. The best flight I've ever had was a LAX-SYD sector on a Qantas 380. I don't think there's a quieter, more comfortable aircraft out there right now.Additionally, the 380 stretch/389/whatever they call it looks much more proportional. The added length counterbalances the width of the fuselage from a visual perspective.-john rodgers
That was a personal opinion. Some people may like that, others may not care, and others, like me, don't like to lose the control over the aircraft due to the full automation of the systems. Some people may like that, others may not care, and others, like me, just don't like the design of Airbus's airplanes.

Matheus Mafra

Well I think the thread was started as an avenue to express opinions about the A380....I for one think the A380 project is a great success as far as size, automation, and efficiency. I often wonder though if airbus missed the mark by building suck a large plane for travel in a shrinking infrastucture. I guess the amount of final orders will be a testament to an ambitious project.

I honestly think that people take this Airbus automation argument too far most of the time. If you don't try to do anything that the aircraft wasn't designed to do in the first place - which you shouldn't be doing, then you are not restricted in any way when flying the aircraft. Automation does work very well with the pilots on Airbus aircraft in terms of it's ease of control with auto pitch and holding the bank angle making manual flight debatably easier and some may say more enjoyable as the work load during manual flight is less. The pilots do fly the plane, just as much as they would in a 777. The fly-by-wire system works similar, with the exception that Airbus' constraints on flight are more strict in the basic sense of speaking. Pilot is not restricted, if he does feel restricted he's trying to do something he's not supposed to do. (Let's not get into the fact that Airbus does not allow FMS controlled decent when in heading mode) What happened in Mulhouse was pilot error. Airbus aircraft are not as 'scare-bus' as people make them out to be.

4months ago i had the pleasure to get a flight in an A380 by Lufthansa(which is so god darn ugly- yes i'm european but i say this) and that was great. Basically the main difference is that during the flight you almost can't hear any noice. I don't want to compare this to the older 744 because Boeing would loose this contest. So for Long-Hauls, i prefer Airbus.
I traveled on two Qantas A380's a couple months ago and yes the A380 is very suprisingly quiet. I mean I expected it to be quiet but not this much! Although... I have flown on many 744's and truthfully I prefer the extra noise, though the comfort (seating, entertainment system etc) of the A380.Oh and I also saw two A380's at the airport, Qantas and Singapore, infact we had to sit and wait in the tarmac at one stage for the Singapore A380 to get out of our gate as it was running late.

Please,I've had this argument a thousand times over about airbus automation,Unless you intend banking over 60 degrees or flying at some suicidally high pitch then airbus flies the exact same as any other aircraft, it has ailerons, an elevator and rudder, you can hand fly it or you can use the A/P. This nonsense that you tell the computer what to do and then it controls the control surfaces in turn is more dangerous than you telling the hydraulic system what to do and then it controls the surfaces is utter BS [see Bovine Scatology wink.gif]. I've flown both Airbus and the Boeing 737 [Albeit the classics] and both have their upsides and downsides but both can be flown just the same unless yo want to do stupid things.And as for the airbus cockpit being better, the reason is that;1. More space.2. Lighter colors.3. Table (Far better than balancing a tray of hot food on your knees, trust me, I know).4. Intuitive Layout.5. The air gets less stuffy on a hot day.To name a few...Hope this cleared up things for yee a bit, getting it from a pilots perspective..

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Hi,We had a 'full house' at Heathrow yesterday - should of got a picture!301 - SIA 303 - QFA305 - UAE307 - QFA

Please,I've had this argument a thousand times over about airbus automation,Unless you intend banking over 60 degrees or flying at some suicidally high pitch then airbus flies the exact same as any other aircraft, it has ailerons, an elevator and rudder, you can hand fly it or you can use the A/P. This nonsense that you tell the computer what to do and then it controls the control surfaces in turn is more dangerous than you telling the hydraulic system what to do and then it controls the
I'm not sure who in this thread said it's more dangerous. Must've missed something? That being said, it is counter intuitive to me when an aircraft doesn't fly like all of the others. I also think there's a certain disconnect from the actual "flying" aspect when in something so computerized. I've been in both sims at CLT and can honestly say the Boeing was what I preferred to fly. Airline pilot or not (yet), I'd say that'll be my preferred choice 15 years from now, too. That's not to say the Airbus wasn't comfy, but so was the 737.Then again I guess it comes down to what I had more fun flying.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules