Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Flight one Cessna T182T released

Guest 747-fan

The Mustang gives me roughly the same FPS as the 182, but I don't mind it so much in that aircraft. In fact the Mustang is one of my favourite jets. I think of GA and VLJ as completely differnt animals. I don't go VFR sightseeing in PNW with the Mustang so I don't need to be able to turn up the scenery, but I'd like to do that in the 182. I hope that makes sense.

That's the thing which puzzles me a bit since the Mustang has more screens, but runs noticeable faster. Both are still within my limits, even on the nice scenery titles, but I wonder were the big impact happens on the C182 to be honest.
Oh my, I just realized I wrote that all backwards...Number 1 being producing the most FPS...1)RealAir turbine duke2) T1823) Mustang
The FPS impact seems to be highly system-dependent (shocking, I know). On my rig, the 182 flies smooth as butter, a really nice little performer. I've never been able to get that kind of performance out of the Mustang, and finally I just stopped trying. Poor performance on the 182 is not universal.
system-dependent!!! Are you NUTS?!?!?! lol... say it aint so!Yeah definitely... in some areas its smooth on my rig but usually in PNW I get a little stuttering unless I run the external frame rate limiter... then I have to notch down to 26 fps instead of 30...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I really love the aircraft....I'm just not that keen on the G1000 so far. I thought it would be a fun learning experience but so far I have found it a little bit taxing on my brain and also on my PC!
If you really want to get into the G1000, look into buying the book: Max Trescott's GPS and WAAS flying handbook.http://www.g1000book.com/gps-waas-products-for%20ifrpilots.htmlIt is for real world pilots, but works equally well for a flightsim pilot who wants to transition fromconventional gauges to GPS based glass avionics.The neat thing is that you can do pretty much everything he teaches in the C182T (or the Mustang for that matter).

Bert

If you really want to get into the G1000, look into buying the book: Max Trescott's GPS and WAAS flying handbook.http://www.g1000book...0ifrpilots.htmlIt is for real world pilots, but works equally well for a flightsim pilot who wants to transition fromconventional gauges to GPS based glass avionics.The neat thing is that you can do pretty much everything he teaches in the C182T (or the Mustang for that matter).
Yep-I've been transitioning lately to a g1000 da40 aircraft and this 182 is very useful to me just for that and a bargain in the rw time/costs it saves. It actually is a big transition to go to a g1000 after flying for 22 years with steam gauges.I have been extremely fortunate to be able to use the sim for all aspects of training rw for the last 30 years, and many add ins have come along just at the right time...and I am thankful this one did right when I needed it.

Well,I bit the bullet and purchased The F1 T182T and I have to say..........I'm a Happy Camper!!Big%20Grin.gif The VC is beautifully detailed,The sounds are really very nice and she trims out fantastically for a super smooth flight.What a great aircraft for Low-n-Slow sight seeing.She is a bit FPS intense but far less so then the F1 Mustang.I have an Older Q9650 system and I've reached a Happy medium with scenery settings to reach mid 20s in FPS which I'm very Happy with.Thank you Flight 1 for a incredibly detailed realistic aircraft!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

One thing I noticed is that your AA mode will have a direct effect on this plane as the panel displays are rendered bitmaps for every single screen update. AA gets applied each time a diplay is rendered on the G1000. If you use high level of Super Sample AA ( I have to use 4xSSAA as I have ATI and there is no hybrid modes like 4xMSAA 2xSSAA like on nVidia), the sim framerate goes down a bit but and then there are stutters. This is becase SSAA is applied to the lines and fonts of the G1000 bitmap displays.In my case where I need 4xSSAA to read the panels from pilot eyepoint, I get some stutters and slightly lower framerates than in my Duke. If I drop scenery sliders when I fly ORBX scenery it helps alot. So this tells me I need more hardware or less scenery. I use an i7 2600k at 4.1Ghz and an ATI 6870 1GB.I bet there are those using hybrid AA modes with nVidia cards and they are uising less SSAA than some and find the performance good? I might get an nVidia card next run and see if I am right. 4xSSAA is a little heavy for the G1000 display in my epxerience so far.NOTE: The Duke Turbine (and any other plane for that matter) with the GNS530 from RXP is silky smooth everywhere for me except perhaps landing at KSEA.C.

One thing I noticed is that your AA mode will have a direct effect on this plane as the panel displays are rendered bitmaps for every single screen update. AA gets applied each time a diplay is rendered on the G1000. If you use high level of Super Sample AA ( I have to use 4xSSAA as I have ATI and there is no hybrid modes like 4xMSAA 2xSSAA like on nVidia), the sim framerate goes down a bit but and then there are stutters. This is becase SSAA is applied to the lines and fonts of the G1000 bitmap displays.In my case where I need 4xSSAA to read the panels from pilot eyepoint, I get some stutters and slightly lower framerates than in my Duke. If I drop scenery sliders when I fly ORBX scenery it helps alot. So this tells me I need more hardware or less scenery. I use an i7 2600k at 4.1Ghz and an ATI 6870 1GB.I bet there are those using hybrid AA modes with nVidia cards and they are uising less SSAA than some and find the performance good? I might get an nVidia card next run and see if I am right. 4xSSAA is a little heavy for the G1000 display in my epxerience so far.NOTE: The Duke Turbine (and any other plane for that matter) with the GNS530 from RXP is silky smooth everywhere for me except perhaps landing at KSEA.C.
No frame issues at all with an i7 920 @3.3GHz and nVidia 260GTX card... using most highline airports.DJ

No frame issues at all with an i7 920 @3.3GHz and nVidia 260GTX card... using most highline airports.DJ
Framerate issues? Hmmm. Let me explain as I might have not been very clear. My framerate is locked at 30. Buzzing around typical rural areas like Bend Oregon in the T182 I get decent framerates. Smooth by most peoples standards and typically locked at 30 no problem with occasional dips to the 25 or 26 fps when I look around. Framerates for me specifically were not the real issue with this plane except that if I look out the window to the left or right and fly close to the ground and watch the world slide past my view, there are microstutters. Unless I switch to Multisample AA. Then it is glass smooth (side effect is that the Garmin panels are then harder to read from further back). With pure 4x Supersample AA the microstutters re-appear but at least then I can read the panels from the back seat even. If I asked my son or my wife to look they don't notice the stutters. But I do. So I guess it's all perception. I like to VFR it close to the ground but more importantly when I do a midfield fly over to check the windsock I like it stutter free.If I fly A2A J3 Cub or Duke Turbine or any of my Carenado planes over ORBX scenery with Very Dense scenery and Dense Autogen settings with everything else maxed and it never has that microstutter except when I orbit KSEA. The microstutter when a building is going by your view and occasionally stutters as it goes by is what bothers me. I also like to look out the window when I depart an airport and watch the world go by.This is the issue in peoples reviews that one guys version of acceptable is another guys "mmmmmm not good enough". I have been spoilt by vertigo inducing smoothness since I built this computer with Supersample AA enabled but this plane makes it harder to achieve. yes. I know I am being really picky. It's not a deal breaker though.Can you set your nVidia inspector or whatever that is to 4x Supersample (not a mixed AA mode). Take off from an airport like Portland International and tell me if you can stay locked at 30 fps in this plane while departing and looking out the window. Is it glass smooth with no stutter in the scenery as it goes by? For me in my other planes it is except in this one.If people with nVidia are able to acheive this, then I am off to the store for a GTX560! The 6870 is a few years old and a sub $200 card and I might be asking too much of it.The short version of all this is that everyones got a different report on performance flying this plane because everyone uses different resolutions, zoom levels, AA modes and framerate locks and everyone has a different view on what "no issues" means.C.