Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Flight one Cessna T182T released

Like this?Enroute from CYCD Nanaimo to Bellingham WA
Those are nice pics Bert. Such a great GA plane for 300nm and less flights.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Perfect flight too About half an hour by air in the 182 and hours by car given the ferry or driving to areas with bridges. Beautiful countryside too especially with PNW + some other scenery addons.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Perfect flight too About half an hour by air in the 182 and hours by car given the ferry or driving to areas with bridges. Beautiful countryside too especially with PNW + some other scenery addons.
.. and I have to go across the border to find an LPV approach, since the ones north of the borderare not in the database. It is fortunate that 80% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the U.S. border..(my statistics..) :(

Bert

Please... Let's return to the original topic and the ones that CAN AFFORD this excellent airplane please post your experiences... or maybe a couple of pics... :(
I fail to see how discussing the price of an addon in a release thread is not relevant. Although I agree that there is probably not much more that can be usefully said on the topic.@zfehr: If you are so anxious to avoid an argument, you should have left your opinion about the lives of people who have to think before spending $50 on an addon at the door. That was a low blow, and most definitely off topic.

You Know Fellas, there is another quality and, I believe, special benefit to owning this beautiful airplane. Most of us who's flying experience dates back a ways remember many enjoyable hours spent in aircraft that required a bit more "pilotage" than is commonly required today. While we all were learning to "empathize" with our respective aircraft and become sensitive to its operational nuances, we usually were placed in an environment which provided us the time and space to make our flying decisions at a bit more leisurely pace. This little beauty is sired from the same stable that gave many of us all those wonderful GA flying experiences. She is a beloved member of that class of aircraft familiar to each of us. She is well equipped to meander along, low and slow while, at the same time now offering us the opportunity to become acquainted with some of the more sophisticated instruments commonly found on larger, more robust aircraft.In short, as we pilot Flight1's T182T, we are afforded the opportunity to experience that unique GA flying experience that many of us crave and do so in the presence of a highly sophisticated and capable cockpit environment not usually available in this class of aircraft.For me - its the best of both worlds.John

"..... In short, as we pilot Flight1's T182T, we are afforded the opportunity to experience that unique GA flying experience that many of us crave and do so in the presence of a highly sophisticated and capable cockpit environment not usually available in this class of aircraft.For me - its the best of both worlds."John
Hasnt Carenado been doing GA planes for years? ...... How is this unique?

Hasnt Carenado been doing CA planes for years? ...... How is this unique?
first thing that also came to mind when I read that statement.. There is absolutely nothing unique... Cant see the "uniqueness". just way tooo many GA planes that gave me that Low and slow with a lot more immersion "factor" - best of all a few were even freeware.. And a not fully functional G1000 (even though it come close) is not a worthwhile reason for making this any different to another GA plane.Bottom line is different strokes for different folks..

Good point, Tierborn. Two things come to mind. First - yes, Carenado has been providing a quality product to us all for a number of years and I, for one have taken advantage. Second - I should have made myself more clear. The adjective was meant to describe the nature of the GA flying experience itself and not the individual aircraft.For me, being able to learn and practice the use of the more sophisticated avionics present in the T182T cockpit while doing so in the typically slower and lower GA flight environment is a real advantage. I suspect, as I get a little older, the more forgiving, less hectic GA pace is more suitable. The T182T's price tag is what it is. For some, it will appear unjustified - for others, not so much. Good fodder for discussion.John

Good point, Tierborn. Two things come to mind. First - yes, Carenado has been providing a quality product to us all for a number of years and I, for one have taken advantage. Second - I should have made myself more clear. The adjective was meant to describe the nature of the GA flying experience itself and not the individual aircraft.For me, being able to learn and practice the use of the more sophisticated avionics present in the T182T cockpit while doing so in the typically slower and lower GA flight environment is a real advantage. I suspect, as I get a little older, the more forgiving, less hectic GA pace is more suitable. The T182T's price tag is what it is. For some, it will appear unjustified - for others, not so much. Good fodder for discussion.John
Thanks for the clarity :(

Hasnt Carenado been doing GA planes for years? ...... How is this unique?
Hmmm let's see... the most realistic G1000 for FSX, and an FDE that is accurate right off the bat. :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hmmm let's see... the most realistic G1000 for FSX, and an FDE that is accurate right off the bat. :)
Dead on Sir! This entire thread has been amazzzing! I think I have finally figured out the problem. All the folks who are complaining are upset that they can't get the RXP guages to install in the 182!! Carenado may have found a nich market!! With their products everyone gets to be a beta tester. Then everyone is happy. :(

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Dead on Sir! This entire thread has been amazzzing! I think I have finally figured out the problem. All the folks who are complaining are upset that they can't get the RXP guages to install in the 182!! Carenado may have found a nich market!! With their products everyone gets to be a beta tester. Then everyone is happy. :(
The RealAir Turbine Duke seems to suffer from the same problem as Carenado (Reality XP integration is supported by RealAir).Regards, Mike Mann

There is absolutely nothing unique... Cant see the "uniqueness". just way tooo many GA planes that gave me that Low and slow with a lot more immersion "factor" - best of all a few were even freeware.. And a not fully functional G1000 (even though it come close) is not a worthwhile reason for making this any different to another GA plane.
I think we should institute a new rule: Do not post an assessment until you have at least10 hours of flight time logged in this aircraft. (I stole this line from another forum, but it applies here..) :( I'm not sure whether folks that have not purchased this plane are trying to justifywhy they chose not to, or what drives this notion of trying to put this release down..(Yes, I know the price, but it is probably a good thing to bury that issue).The previous poster, John, who had actually flown this airplane put the feeling of beingat the controls very well.. it is a great feeling..So, assuming anyone is actually asking the question of what makes this add-on unique,let me give it a try (from my perspective..)First of all, Flight1 has an awesome record of producing first-rate aircraft for FS.Anyone remember the Meridian for FS9? Or the PC12?They are a professional outfit, led by a career commercial pilot, producing stufffor the aviation industry, as well as the occasional FS "edutainment" release.So what does that translate into:- A "current production" C182T simulation, produced in cooperation with Cessna Aircraft- A G1000 simulation, which, although not a 100% replica of the Garmin unit, does everything it does correctly- A navigation database that is updatable via the Navigraph service- A 70 page professionally produced user manual- A high resolution cockpit where you can zoom in without being faced with cartoonish polygons- And most importantly to me, a flight model and cockpit avionics experience that feels genuine- And last but not least, a team that will talk to you on the support forum and fix things that need to be fixedAlong with some nice eye candy and a few surprises..Hope that begins to add up to some uniqueness.. I, for one am going to keep this one.Let me end with a warning: You better have a powerful system or you are not going to really enjoythis airplane - it does gobble up computer cycles..

Bert

I think we should institute a new rule: Do not post an assessment until you have at least10 hours of flight time logged in this aircraft. (I stole this line from another forum, but it applies here..) :( I'm not sure whether folks that have not purchased this plane are trying to justifywhy they chose not to, or what drives this notion of trying to put this release down..(Yes, I know the price, but it is probably a good thing to bury that issue).The previous poster, John, who had actually flown this airplane put the feeling of beingat the controls very well.. it is a great feeling..So, assuming anyone is actually asking the question of what makes this add-on unique,let me give it a try (from my perspective..)First of all, Flight1 has an awesome record of producing first-rate aircraft for FS.Anyone remember the Meridian for FS9? Or the PC12?They are a professional outfit, led by a career commercial pilot, producing stufffor the aviation industry, as well as the occasional FS "edutainment" release.So what does that translate into:- A C182T simulation, produced in cooperation with Cessna Aircraft- A G1000 simulation, which, although not a 100% replica of the Garmin unit, does everything it does correctly- A navigation database that is updatable via the Navigraph service- A 70 page professionally produced user manual- A high resolution cockpit where you can zoom in without being faced with cartoonish polygons- And most importantly to me, a flight model and cockpit avionics experience that feels genuine- And last but not least, a team that will talk to you on the support forum and fix things that need to be fixedAlong with some nice eye candy and a few surprises..Hope that begins to add up to some uniqueness.. I, for one am going to keep this one.Let me end with a warning: You better have a powerful system or you are not going to really enjoythis airplane - it does gobble up computer cycles..
I was reading an old FLYING magazine where the article's author said he sold his T182T because it was underpowered and inefficient. He said in order to keep the CHT down he had to run 19 gph. Have you seen that in this 182?KayDub