Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Flight one Cessna T182T released

I was reading an old FLYING magazine where the article's author said he sold his T182T because it was underpowered and inefficient. KayDub
I think that is a question for Cessna..

Bert

I think we should institute a new rule: Do not post an assessment until you have at least10 hours of flight time logged in this aircraft.
Maybe this rule should apply to scenery as well as aircraft; although this could make it a little tough for posting in the Microsoft Flight Forum!Regards, Mike Mann

I was reading an old FLYING magazine where the article's author said he sold his T182T because it was underpowered and inefficient. He said in order to keep the CHT down he had to run 19 gph. Have you seen that in this 182?KayDub
There is an easy fix for that defect. Go to the store and buy some newer flying magazines!! I read in a magazine once that the world was going to end in 2012. I was in the dentist office the other day and saw a later edition of that magazine and low and behold they were talking about cars getting 50-60 mile per gallon in 2014. Now I got to try and buy back all my stuff that I sold and gave away!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I think we should institute a new rule: Do not post an assessment until you have at least10 hours of flight time logged in this aircraft. (I stole this line from another forum, but it applies here..) :( I'm not sure whether folks that have not purchased this plane are trying to justifywhy they chose not to, or what drives this notion of trying to put this release down..(Yes, I know the price, but it is probably a good thing to bury that issue).The previous poster, John, who had actually flown this airplane put the feeling of beingat the controls very well.. it is a great feeling..So, assuming anyone is actually asking the question of what makes this add-on unique,let me give it a try (from my perspective..)First of all, Flight1 has an awesome record of producing first-rate aircraft for FS.Anyone remember the Meridian for FS9? Or the PC12?They are a professional outfit, led by a career commercial pilot, producing stufffor the aviation industry, as well as the occasional FS "edutainment" release.So what does that translate into:- A "current production" C182T simulation, produced in cooperation with Cessna Aircraft- A G1000 simulation, which, although not a 100% replica of the Garmin unit, does everything it does correctly- A navigation database that is updatable via the Navigraph service- A 70 page professionally produced user manual- A high resolution cockpit where you can zoom in without being faced with cartoonish polygons- And most importantly to me, a flight model and cockpit avionics experience that feels genuine- And last but not least, a team that will talk to you on the support forum and fix things that need to be fixedAlong with some nice eye candy and a few surprises..Hope that begins to add up to some uniqueness.. I, for one am going to keep this one.Let me end with a warning: You better have a powerful system or you are not going to really enjoythis airplane - it does gobble up computer cycles..
Sorry Bert but IMHO your post sounds like a commercial. I see nothing "unique" in the features you list. Even the G1000 has been around for already 2 1/2 years. No doubt it is a fine plane but from my point of view, the only benchmark it sets is the price.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Sorry Bert but IMHO your post sounds like a commercial.
I guess you can tell I really like this plane! :(

Bert

I guess you can tell I really like this plane! :(
Great ! Enjoy it :( That's what we are here for, after all !

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Wow
Here's a better answer... download it from Flight1 and try it; if you don't like it within 30 days, they'll give your money back with no questions asked. The same is true of any of their products. Then you don't have to go the 'he said it..' route. My experience is that you can find folks that will say and believe most anything.DJ

Just a small question :What additional function can you find on this G1000, in comparison to the Mustang one ?

Just a small question :What additional function can you find on this G1000, in comparison to the Mustang one ?
Nothing
No doubt it is a fine plane but from my point of view, the only benchmark it sets is the price.
Absolutely right but it is like politics. repeat it often enough and the cullable masses will believe $50 is a bargain for this set of amazing new "benchmark" flying textures.. and then other developers can follow suit with their prices.. It all about money. The harder they push for exhorberant prices the easier it will be for other companies to follow suit.

My experience is that you can find folks that will say and believe most anything.
Very sad but very true.. toooo many cullable's

Absolutely right but it is like politics. repeat it often enough and the cullable masses will believe $50 is a bargain for this set of amazing new "benchmark" flying textures.. and then other developers can follow suit with their prices.. It all about money. The harder they push for exhorberant prices the easier it will be for other companies to follow suit.
A commercial product is about money? I must alert the media about this revelation at once!Incidentally, unless you are intending that the populace be culled, the word you are looking for is 'gullible', as in: If you say the word 'gullible' lots of times really fast, it sounds like you're saying 'orange'.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

NothingAbsolutely right but it is like politics. repeat it often enough and the cullable masses will believe $50 is a bargain for this set of amazing new "benchmark" flying textures.. and then other developers can follow suit with their prices.. It all about money. The harder they push for exhorberant prices the easier it will be for other companies to follow suit.
It's all about money, with Flight1 return policy you'll never lose.You can try by yourself and see if it's worth the $50.No pain, no loss, no politics, just fair game with our earned money.

Mauricio Brentano

Garmin produces a customized G1000 for each aircraft.. as such, this G1000has engine management displays and included autopilot, per the real aircraft..

Bert

Incidentally, unless you are intending that the populace be culled, the word you are looking for is 'gullible', as in: If you say the word 'gullible' lots of times really fast, it sounds like you're saying 'orange'.Al
Quote from the Urban Dictionary: "Cullable - Believing in anything". Probably a word that (for now anyway) is not acceptable in proper English lexicon.Regards, Mike Mann