Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Flight one Cessna T182T released

Thanks for the very useful post JetFueler I think I'll stick to my RealAir Duke/Spit and Flight1 Islander.$50 for a single light GA aircraft (albeit with a G1000) is a bit steep for my pocket.RegardsAdam
another one that will pass this plane. No matter how you wanna try and substantiate the price tag, it is just too high a price for a plain 182 (even with a G1000), with really nothing worthwhile added like engine management systems to fulfill immersion.. So no matter what you say, I am not paying $50 for a set of flying textures. Comparing the price to planes like A2A spitfire with accusim, Aerosoft katana with their complete system management system, this is a no brainer for me. I will pass..

2 questions:1. is the direct input for FPL etc. with "Scrool-Lock" as in the Mustang still enabled?2. Is there support for airways this time?Thanks!

- Stefan Dittrich

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

2 questions:1. is the direct input for FPL etc. with "Scrool-Lock" as in the Mustang still enabled?2. Is there support for airways this time?Thanks!
I didn't dig that deep into it yet but I can tell you this much: While it is not a direct port over from the Mustang, it seems pretty clear it is a rework of it and as such if it was in the Mustang you will probably find it in the 182. Conversely, if it wasn't in the Mustang, I wouldn't expect to find it in the 182. This of course excludes aircraft specific aircraft functions since the Mustang has more systems it has things like a more advance EICAS with CAWS and FADEC information. I have since initiated the refund process. Great plane, really, but it doesn't perform well enough on my system to really enjoy 50 bucks worth of GA flying which is half my fault and half the product's fault I suppose.

another one that will pass this plane. No matter how you wanna try and substantiate the price tag, it is just too high a price for a plain 182 (even with a G1000), with really nothing worthwhile added like engine management systems to fulfill immersion.. So no matter what you say, I am not paying $50 for a set of flying textures. Comparing the price to planes like A2A spitfire with accusim, Aerosoft katana with their complete system management system, this is a no brainer for me. I will pass..
Just a question for you and others who are thinking in terms of "Price too high" whether this or another addon?Why not state that the "price is too high for me as an individual"? Most times these statement end up sounding as if they are blanket statements whether intended or not.I do not see anyone in the thread bringing "pressure to purchase" to bear about this addon, only statements to the effect that to them as individuals the "price is fine" or the "price is close to too high":(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Just a question for you and others who are thinking in terms of "Price too high" whether this or another addon?Why not state that the "price is too high for me as an individual"? Most times these statement end up sounding as if they are blanket statements whether intended or not.I do not see anyone in the thread bringing "pressure to purchase" to bear about this addon, only statements to the effect that to them as individuals the "price is fine" or the "price is close to too high":(
the price is too high for me as an individual for a mere set of flying textures (even if it sport a custom G1000) :Big Grin:luckily there are more immersive add-ons for pretty much same price.. or better. We kinda got spoiled last couple o months, that made most of us much more selective shoppers.. But I guess you havent notice that, when you still chasing flying texture sets..!

the price is too high for me as an individual for a mere set of flying textures (even if it sport a custom G1000) :Big Grin:luckily there are more immersive add-ons for pretty much same price.. or better. We kinda got spoiled last couple o months, that made most of us much more selective shoppers.. But I guess you havent notice that, when you still chasing flying texture sets..!
Hmm, I own the aircraft in question and know a thing or two about FS Addons, their complexity, and their relative value.I do not hesitate to say that this addon and many others which the "community" deems "too expensive" are easily worth "twice or thrice the price" if you really know how to evaluate what is offered.:(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hmm, I own the aircraft in question and know a thing or two about FS Addons, their complexity, and their relative value.I do not hesitate to say that this addon and many others which the "community" deems "too expensive" are easily worth "twice or thrice the price" if you really know how to evaluate what is offered.:(
As a Commercial Member, I couldn't imagine you saying any price is too high!Regards, Mike Mann

I have put my fair share of time into developing for FS and I know the time and work that goes into it. Being so, I understand where Ron is coming from when he says something like ' if you really know how to evaluate what is offered'. The thing is, and it goes back to something Ron also said on the last page about the price to the individual. You can quantify all the man hours, technical accuracy and pixels per texture you want but in the end it comes down to the intangible. The ability of a FS product to put the user 'there'. You can not measure this or follow some kind of developing formula to nail it. Devs strive for it best they can (and it usually comes down to giving character to you product) and some achieve it and some don't. Bottom line is that, that is the bottom line when it comes to evaluating a products worth- does this satisfy my simming needs? I don't think it is fair to say that a particular aircraft is worth X amount of dollars because you can evaluate it properly. The person plunking down there hard earned money is the best person to evaluate whether it is worth it or not. What ever resulting opinion that individual may state there after is just that. Don't presume to tell people that they don't know what is worth their money and what is not. Either endorse the product or don't. EDIT: Of course in fairness to someone like Ron, saying it is worth the money is probably as far as he may go in endorsing it with the constraints of being a commercial member.Besides, I don't think anyone is questioning the quality of the add-on or the craftsmanship that has been put into it. Obviously an Aston Martin is a finely crafted automobile, but we can't all justify the price.

I don't think we can escape the fact that it is fairly pricey, and clearly from the replies on this thread that is an issue with more than a few people. But having said that, upon acquaintance with the product itself, I found that it goes a long way toward justifying the price. Most of the people who frequent these forums that are into flying GA aircraft which offer realism know that you have to get your hand a bit deeper in your pocket for things such as the Reality XP GNS, and the same is probably true if you want a 182 with a good stab at that avionics fit.So the obvious thing to do, is give it a whirl and see what you think, since you can get a refund if you still feel it is too steep. I'm certainly going to keep it, since it impressed me enough to justify the readies, which was a surprise to me actually, but not an unwelcome one because I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

OK folks.This thread is about the release of the Cessna T182T.Not the right place for commercial vendors or others to discuss about pricing policy.So please guys, let's focus on the topic.Ron, I suggest that from now you stop posting on competitors products related threads.Thanks.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Well, I missed 2 things the most in the Mustang: Save/Load and Airways, and it seems neither is available in the C182...I'd love to see this as an update, for now I'm going to hold off...Cheers,Stefan

- Stefan Dittrich

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

Flight1 has done this at least twice now: release in a forum before releasing on their front page (I don't recall an "available now" message on Avsim's front page yet for the FSX iFly 737NG). Is this is new kind of late-beta/soft release strategy? It's interesting.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Flight1 has done this at least twice now: release in a forum before releasing on their front page (I don't recall an "available now" message on Avsim's front page yet for the FSX iFly 737NG). Is this is new kind of late-beta/soft release strategy? It's interesting.
I don't think you should read too much into that. If you read the thread with the release link, they were done with the product except portions of the manual, and the person responsible for the last bits were going on vacation. Some posters requested that they release anyway, and that's what they did.

Thanks for helping me understand Ron. If I think that this add-on is too expensive for what it offers, then apparently it's my inability to really know how to evaluate what is being offered. In fact it must not be the price at all. So enlightening.Ron has single handedly saved my many a dollar not only with other people's products, but his own as well. Great for me, maybe not so great for Eaglesoft as a company.

- Aaron

I bought it as soon as the Flight1 Simforums announced it being available. A very accurate depiction of the turbo 182 and G1000 system. I flew from KHIO to KRBG last night and very closely recreated the flight I had done in real life with the G1000 equipped Diamond DA40. Such a joy to have a realistic depiction of the G1000 rather than the "kinda looks like a G1000" found in default and other add ons touting the G1000 (the Mustang also delivers on this count with an accurate depiction of how that system works in a different application with individualized pages for the aircraft). And $50, less than a third of the cost I spent a month ago just to shoot three landings and takeoffs in the Diamond just to keep my currency and we didn't even get to enjoy the features of the real G1000 on that flight! Add ons such as this one have saved me literally thousands in real world training expenses because of the familiarity I can achieve in the comfort and safety of my own home learning the systems and practicing the procedures. To address the price argument, frankly if $50 is too much than any expense spent on a fantasy/entertainment product is too much. It amazes me the people I meet that complain about not having enough money yet they spend countless hours in front of a computer wasting their life away with some game.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888