Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joel

Comparison between the MD-11 and the NGX

I thought I should try to recreate the latest screenshot of the NGX but using the MD-11 instead. This shows the progress that PMDG are making in their products.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

WOW.... didn´t expect that the difference is that huge.... I definetly will buy this beauty :) Thx for that nice comparison. However at the moment the MD11 is still the best airliner simulation in my opinion... so i´m gonna fly it until the NGX comes out :(

I like how the MD-11 (and even the 747) have stood up to the test of time. Really a testament to PMDG's quality and dedication to immersion.

It really shows the way PMDG moved on in development over the last years. Each product was almost perfect at release, and each product was better as the product before.... THAT is the way to go... :( :( :(

Now do the JS41 and the NGX, they aren't too far off I think.

This shows you even more imohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsmm8tI0lM0&feature=channel_video_titlehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kidx6xrp9Qg

A good comperision.We can see that ngx has a very hard texture quality.The team has improved it!!!Big%20Grin.gif

The MD-11X has definately stood the test of time. My favorite airplane ever, and the best tri-hole ever done for FS bar none. The NGX is definately a vast improvment though.

I thought I should try to recreate the latest screenshot of the NGX but using the MD-11 instead. This shows the progress that PMDG are making in their products.
Thank you! Amazing progress they made.

Wow that is a huge difference! And I thought that the md-11 looked really look, it still does. I am very very impressed.

That is simply astonishing! I never realized how big of a difference there was between the NGX and the other planes. I'm very glad to see that PMDG has always been making progress on their planes since the 1st one was released. :(

Hi RyanI never saw that thread. Amazing stuff. How about, THEN (Oct 2010) and NOW :( Just kidding.Anyway, what a comparison. Fantastic stuff!

Dunno if you guys remember from last fall, but we actually did a post comparing the same screenshots in the NGX to our old FS9 NG:http://forum.avsim.n...ngx-compare-to/The difference is rather striking haha.
Haha yes very striking Applause.gif Back when it was released it was so damn awesome!! I Have flown a few thousand hours in it, including 2 world tours (one of them online on IVAO back in 2005). And if it wasn't for FSX I would probably still be flying it. In the last year or so before I made the switch to FSX I had a very convincing CFM-56 soundpackage and a BBJ updated aircraft.cfg and flew quite a few long haul flights in it as well. The old NG is still my all time favourite aircraft addon for the MS Flight Simulator series although I never use FS9 anymore. Second on the list is the PMDG 747 for both FS9 and FSX. I'm sure the 737NGX will come in as a new all time favourite! Big%20Grin.gif

Dunno if you guys remember from last fall, but we actually did a post comparing the same screenshots in the NGX to our old FS9 NG:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/311476-so-how-does-the-pmdg-737ngx-compare-to/The difference is rather striking haha.
The difference is amazing! I forgot about that thread, but what I like about this is that it takes one of your first releases for fsx and shows us the comparison. I couldn't believe it as the md-11 is very well done. I wonder what a js41 comparison would look like. Did you all use the same modeling techniques in both?

The difference is amazing! I forgot about that thread, but what I like about this is that it takes one of your first releases for fsx and shows us the comparison. I couldn't believe it as the md-11 is very well done. I wonder what a js41 comparison would look like. Did you all use the same modeling techniques in both?
Yes I remeber them saying the J41 was the "testbed" for the NGX in terms of the VC, graphics, coding etc. The j41 VC resembles the same techniques- at least visually