Sign in to follow this  
Jack_C

So how many looked into this

We only fly KORL, KBOS, KORD and KJFK, so they're the only airports over there I'm familiar with.
I work in Quincy,ma that's not too far from logan and I love watching the planes on approach to kbos that could be you in the aerlingus a330 I see every once in awhile. Next time I will wave.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Previously, I commented on some people complaing about the NGX release and said instead of complaining why not find out how to actually fly the plane. For example I said who knows how to do a VNAP A OR VNAP B aka NADP 1 or 2. So how many looked into how to do one?JackColwill
Are you seriously asking how many people actually went a flew a kite?

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

NADP is a Noise Abatement Departure Procedure .NADP 1 is for noise abatement close to the airport and is the more common form of NADP. Generally; Climb at V2+10, Climb thrust is selected at 1500 AGL, and V2+10 is maintained until 3000'AGL, then start acceleration whilst climbing at 1000fpm. The flight director generally gives you the guidance you need.NADP 2 is for noise abatement further down the line. Climb at V2+10 to 1000'AGL then accelerate to a lesser flap, select climb thrust, continue acceleration until clean and climb in clean configuration.
I love to read your posts. I'll copy/paste them in my files so I can refer to them later. I knew about noise abatement, but never understood what the NADP 1 and 2 were. Thank you very much for giving such a clear and understandable explaination.If I keep saving all of your posts, I'll have myself my own private training manual by Rónán.Thanks,Bob

Previously, I commented on some people complaing about the NGX release and said instead of complaining why not find out how to actually fly the plane. For example I said who knows how to do a VNAP A OR VNAP B aka NADP 1 or 2. So how many looked into how to do one?JackColwill
LOL, I know about these two specific "Noise Abatement Procedures" used during takeoff because of Bryan York's FS2crew for the iFLY 737NG. Basically, the reason I'm not a complainer (even though I am just as anxious for a release as 99% of everyone here) is because I am getting plenty of practice in the iFLY. The lovely part of F2crew is it's attention to flying the NG by the book, and Bryan making the effort to approximate those two takeoff procedures as they are handled in the real world. And the good news is he's going to make a module for the NGX, which no doubt will likely exceed his iFLY module by leaps and bounds!

I work in Quincy,ma that's not too far from logan and I love watching the planes on approach to kbos that could be you in the aerlingus a330 I see every once in awhile. Next time I will wave.
I was thinking the same thing as well, about 2 years ago I was on a trip to Long Island NY, and saw an Aer Lingus A330 on approach to 22R. It very well could have been Rohan at the controls! I've admired his posts for a while, and knowing that he is a A330 pilot, I was always curious to know if his routes included the United States, and I assumed it did since the A330 are Aer Lingus only long haul equipment, and I believe all their long haul routes are between Ireland and U.S.

Assuming NADP 1Well, at 3000 AGL, you'd drop the nose, maintain a V/S of 1000fpm until you reach 250kts then start climbing again....NADP 1 is hard programmed in our FMGS as being the default NADP, but I fly state-side most of the time and I have yet to see a NADP 2 listed as the standard NADP. Out of curiosity, would NADP mainly be used in yeer regional airports? We only fly KORL, KBOS, KORD and KJFK, so they're the only airports over there I'm familiar with.
KMCO, not KORL. Make sure you punch in the right code on your nav equipment!

Eric 

Is VNAP the fancy name for the autopilot "vertical sleep mode"? I'd have thought it would be LNAP as it is hard to sleep upright, well for me anyway... :(
:( BRILLIANT!!!!

so can someone tell me the difference between the normal departure and NADPLike say how a regular departure be and how the NADP would goThanks

Most airlines adopt either NADP 1 or 2 for pretty much every departure. But this is very company-specific. Here in Brazil a famous NG operator typically uses 820' AGL for both accel height and thrust reduction when they´re flying out of airports where noise abatement is not an issue