Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUL11 Update on NGX Release Progress

Preferably a freakin doctor...
Preferably a freakin doctor that he can fall in love with.....quickly

I'll start the tedious job of cleaning my PC for the NGX now. Well, the NGX is just an excuse. My FSX was really needing some cleaning. I'll unninstall FSX and all my add-ons, clean the PC, defrag, reinstall everything and defrag again. I just won't format my HD and have to set Windows up all over again. BTW, does anyone have a good guide for this task, so that I can get the best results out of this operation?

Matheus Mafra

I'll start the tedious job of cleaning my PC for the NGX now. Well, the NGX is just an excuse. My FSX was really needing some cleaning. I'll unninstall FSX and all my add-ons, clean the PC, defrag, reinstall everything and defrag again. I just won't format my HD and have to set Windows up all over again. BTW, does anyone have a good guide for this task, so that I can get the best results out of this operation?
http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx'Nuff said.

WOW, I was so glued to the screen reading all the Posts and replies from the amazing Developers and other members of staff,how they show their respect and close care for us as Customers, I wish other were the same as PMDG staff!!!!!Thank you very much for the heads up and keeping us in the loop.I got two questions for the PMDG Staff/DEVs, it might be to early to answer but I would love to know the answers if possible.1) would the NGX use the same or support the classical *.rte format for company routes, i.e. those that I export with vroute.infoor other route planing tools in the market or it uses a completed different format?2) regrading AIRAC, does it use the same AIRAC format (package) by Navigraph that is used today for other PMDG products or there will be a different format used for the NGX?appreciated if could be answered.I want to thank PMDG for their amazing job and customer care, many other FSX Addon(s) vendors could learn from youHOOHA!!!!I am sure buying this one on day one, no doubt on that oneProbably the AoA NGX training as well along side with the NGX itself.a major expense in one go, but worth every penny.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hey guys,when he says "I am comfortable telling you that we will be setting a date on the calendar for release within the next couple of days",does that mean:1) in the next couple of days, the release date will be announced (but the release date might be 2 months time)2) they will announce the release date "to be" in the next couple of days?I assume he actually means the first, in which case its great news, but could still be a while longer. I hope everyone else realises this.

Hey guys,when he says "I am comfortable telling you that we will be setting a date on the calendar for release within the next couple of days",does that mean:1) in the next couple of days, the release date will be announced (but the release date might be 2 months time)2) they will announce the release date "to be" in the next couple of days?I assume he actually means the first, in which case its great news, but could still be a while longer. I hope everyone else realises this.
I took that to be #1. They will announce the release date some time in the next couple of days.-jr

I assume that he meant #1 as well. But that means that they will get feedback from the wide beta testers and if they don't see many things to fix than the team can assume a prompt release and can make a day on the calendar. If still some work I believe they will wait till they get to the point that I just mentioned and then they will make a day on the calendar.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Soon we will have a piece of history to fly! I have prepared the family that I will be a bit busy when the NGX launches. :( Keep on going PMDG! We look forward to the best!

Well, wadda-ya-know......and I STILL haven't been admitted for my brain op yet :( (the surgeon had a skiing accident) B) Could it be, that just possibly, I get a flight or two in the NGX before they remove what's left of my grey stuff :( :(

Well, wadda-ya-know......and I STILL haven't been admitted for my brain op yet :( (the surgeon had a skiing accident) B) Could it be, that just possibly, I get a flight or two in the NGX before they remove what's left of my grey stuff :( :(
Hope the surgeon didn't need brain surgery after the skiing accident, lol!!!

1) would the NGX use the same or support the classical *.rte format for company routes, i.e. those that I export with vroute.infoor other route planing tools in the market or it uses a completed different format?2) regrading AIRAC, does it use the same AIRAC format (package) by Navigraph that is used today for other PMDG products or there will be a different format used for the NGX?
Yes to both. The Navdata format will likely be changing in a service update though so that we can add the full RNP approach support.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes to both. The Navdata format will likely be changing in a service update though so that we can add the full RNP approach support.
I've always realized it, but what is the switch on your banner for?Maybe I'm mistaken but I think it moves up and down.:(

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Hello PMDG and thanks for the update I have a question: Will the NGX be able to fly in multiplayer mode? Thank you and I hope the wide beta team don't find any bugs in it.
Please sign your real name to your posts per forum rules. Shared cockpit is one of the slated feature additions for the service packs. We wanted to do it for the initial release but we don't want to delay it any further.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com