Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Wing View NGX

While not particularly focused on the wing view, I happened to look out there today- and was transfixed- so I thought I'd share. You know that distinctly flat grey bonded aluminum stressed skin paneling that the 737 has on the upper inboards? The NGX has them too. The black streaks of carefully blended hydraulic fluid, grease and dirt that wisp back from operating surfaces, diminishing in opacity until they vanish with the wispy tendrils of high velocity air towards the trailing edge- yep- there on the NGX. The NO STEP markings and wing exit arrows and pathways- all looked like they're supposed to. That particular Boeing flap canoe shape that is so familiar from hours of staring out the window (or from Airliners.net)? Exactly the same and unnervingly 3 dimensional. I could feel its shape. Again- the difference is, rather than looking at a simulated wing shape- you wind up looking at a wing- doing its thing. That solid sturdy flexing that allows for reassurance in the same way sturdy Grumman aircraft reassured sweaty Naval Aviators about to make their first night trap........yep- all there. That's where my amazement comes from- THE FEEL this simulation provides is exquisite. I swear I could almost see footprint smudges from where the last mechanic stood on the wing, careless with his with oil soaked Redwings. Looking out over the wing- felt like looking out over the wing. Thought you'd want to know......she's grand!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

While not particularly focused on the wing view, I happened to look out there today- and was transfixed- so I thought I'd share. You know that distinctly flat grey bonded aluminum stressed skin paneling that the 737 has on the upper inboards? The NGX has them too. The black streaks of carefully blended hydraulic fluid, grease and dirt that wisp back from operating surfaces, diminishing in opacity until they vanish with the wispy tendrils of high velocity air towards the trailing edge- yep- there on the NGX. The NO STEP markings and wing exit arrows and pathways- all looked like they're supposed to. That particular Boeing flap canoe shape that is so familiar from hours of staring out the window (or from Airliners.net)? Exactly the same and unnervingly 3 dimensional. I could feel its shape. Again- the difference is, rather than looking at a simulated wing shape- you wind up looking at a wing- doing its thing. That solid sturdy flexing that allows for reassurance in the same way sturdy Grumman aircraft reassured sweaty Naval Aviators about to make their first night trap........yep- all there. That's where my amazement comes from- THE FEEL this simulation provides is exquisite. I swear I could almost see footprint smudges from where the last mechanic stood on the wing, careless with his with oil soaked Redwings. Looking out over the wing- felt like looking out over the wing. Thought you'd want to know......she's grand!
Really thank you for these details ! It looks like a amazing aircraft, can't wait to have it !I have a little question, with your hardware configuration, do you had a smooth experience with the NGX in several situtations ?Best regards,

Quick question, Can you hear the flaps move in the wing views? Like the hydraulic system's whine when the flaps move?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

worthless_thread.gif
WIN! where did you get those little faces from?

Matt kubanda

That's the nice thing about these forums....one can post almost anything....thanks for the tip.Regarding performance.....I spent a while taxiing around Gatwick this morning. That's where I tend to have display performance issues. Not only did my horizons remain erect, and VORs tracked properly- the view out the windows was smooth.Gatwick was running the 26s this morning, and the LAM SID has a tight turn after departure. I had reached over to select SPD INTV Flap 10+ 10 and when LNAV rolled her right, properly on cue....it was as though Ludwig's Ode to Joy had reached crecendo- brilliant. No jerkiness or stuttering.My system is positively ancient in terms of FSX but I am satisfied enough to await the next generation of processors- very happy w/ FS performance. My spec are listed in my siggy

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

worthless_thread.gif
I like those smileys... biggrin.gif

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

That's the nice thing about these forums....one can post almost anything....thanks for the tip.Regarding performance.....I spent a while taxiing around Gatwick this morning. That's where I tend to have display performance issues. Not only did my horizons remain erect, and VORs tracked properly- the view out the windows was smooth.Gatwick was running the 26s this morning, and the LAM SID has a tight turn after departure. I had reached over to select SPD INTV Flap 10+ 10 and when LNAV rolled her right, properly on cue....it was as though Ludwig's Ode to Joy had reached crecendo- brilliant. No jerkiness or stuttering.My system is positively ancient in terms of FSX but I am satisfied enough to await the next generation of processors- very happy w/ FS performance. My spec are listed in my siggy
Thank you once again.My new SandyBridge configuration is coming, that's why i want to know if I could run the NGX smoothly :( Enjoy your experience with it, you're so lucky !:(

Thanks for another goose-bump-inducing post! It just sounds marvelous.Thanks again!

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Good stuff, keep 'em coming.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Quick question, Can you hear the flaps move in the wing views? Like the hydraulic system's whine when the flaps move?
maybe u can hear the coffee being made in the gallery :( couldnt resist

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

maybe u can hear the coffee being made in the gallery :( couldnt resist
AAHHH I CANT WAIT! I LOVE THAT SOUND! :( B) :(

Matt kubanda