Sign in to follow this  
Tui737

Patience

I'll actually take the time to learn her, move with her, sway with her, touch her and caress her, line her up, feel her touch, and then after that I will install my NGX.
Wait... what?:(

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Wait is this topic about having patience or 'crazy things I can do with the NGX'?I'm confused.
Nah it's about
Patience! I've read all the posts & seen the various reactions to updates from the PMDG team & it made me wonder about those who have showed restraint & those who have not. I wonder what will they do first when this bird is theirs? It made me think about me too, will I start parked at a gate with the deck in a cold dark state. Will I go through setting her up & then munch my way throughthe check list like I've planned? With the other PMDG planes I've always cut to the quick & pushed back as soon as possible but this new bird makes me want to do it the correct way. I a real aircraft you just follow the procedures in pc based flight sims it always seems a little boring & time consuming. For me this will be the ultimate test for the new baby, is it so real it will demand that I go by the book? Time will tell, have you thought about what you will do?
You missed a good bit of reading thar.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I wonder if any of the beta testers have found that this plane has changed the way they sim or whether they feel that it might do after they finish with testing etc? Clearly, those that we've heard from so far have left us in no doubt that we are about to enter another era. I guess, the answer is-that this plane is as complicated as you want it to be but simple enough to use for those who prefer it that way.
Well, nobody can please everybody tastes, That being said, i certainly hope it's not easy. that way i can learn to fly like it should. To those who only like to fly without any other concern they should choose a GA aircraft. Those are easy.Just, the way i see things.

I a real aircraft you just follow the procedures in pc based flight sims it always seems a little boring & time consuming. For me this will be the ultimate test for the new baby, is it so real it will demand that I go by the book? Time will tell, have you thought about what you will do?
i guess the this is the biggest problem of the simulation: the lack of concentration to do everything by the book once you are used to the aircraft. but it's all a matter of discipline to add the realism yourself.Unfortunatily, it is impossible to be afraid anything will go wrong with your aircraft because nothing's at stake. there are no real lives at stake or damages to pay.The simulation would be much more realistic if one were to pay a penalty for making a mistake, for instance having to buy a new license when crashing. imagine the sweaty hands you'd have during a routine approach and the relief after a succesful flight.in that case you would keep your concentration going through all the checklists again and again.maybe being a member of a virtual airline that will ban you from flying for a given timeframe could also be a penalty i suppose.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

i guess the this is the biggest problem of the simulation: the lack of concentration to do everything by the book once you are used to the aircraft. but it's all a matter of discipline to add the realism yourself.Unfortunatily, it is impossible to be afraid anything will go wrong with your aircraft because nothing's at stake. there are no real lives at stake or damages to pay.The simulation would be much more realistic if one were to pay a penalty for making a mistake, for instance having to buy a new license when crashing. imagine the sweaty hands you'd have during a routine approach and the relief after a succesful flight.in that case you would keep your concentration going through all the checklists again and again.maybe being a member of a virtual airline that will ban you from flying for a given timeframe could also be a penalty i suppose.
You can have FSPassenger in Career mode. Then, you have to add hours to your log to be able to fly bigger airplanes. And then you have a mode that if you crash, the pilot dies, making you to create another pilot and start all over again. That can be your motivation to fly by the book.

I'm gonna fly this beast around KPAE first to get some practice with her handling and checklists. Then I'm going to start the long journey over many hops to deliver her to Auckland, New Zealand - all on VATSIM of course!

No kidding aside, I always pictured me going through the set up at KPAE, taxi to the runway, then full thrust take off, pitch as high as I can, level out, barrel roll. Not sure if such a move could be pulled off, but it will be fun to try it out.
LOL +1

What I would like to do is start up at Paine Field in the Everett Boeing factory and fly it to Leading Edge Aviation Services in Amarillo, TX to get it's first United Airline or Delta livery painted on. As soon as it's ready, it will be put into service.:(

The first thing I'll do is my standard shakedown flight... KLAX-KSLC. It's familiar enough that I know what the aircraft should be doing, so I can focus my energy on getting it to listen to me. For my first flight I try to do as much as possible cold, without reading anything first. After that, though, I'll run through the tutorial(s) and fly some more familiar routes to learn how to fly it the "right" way.

I think Im going to do some traffic circuits around KPDX and then after that do a flight from PDX to SFO with the Alaska 738WL model!Trent Smith

Its EGNJ Humberside to EGNJ Humberside for me. I do all my testing here. Fly out from runway 21, turn to the river Humber, over to Hull on the far side, turn and head for RW21 again to test the landing. After that its most likely learn the cold and dark scenario whilst parked up at EGCC or EGGP. Then roll out testing from EGCC Manchester or EGGP Liverpool to either EHAM Amsterdam or LEPA Palma, maybe both. Then the return journey/s, if I turn off first I usually save so I can head back from the exact same spot. I just wish PMDG models had an opening window, I love to open a window and signify I got there by feeling that virtual fresh air.Steve Brooks

MatiasGreat idea. Can all you guys send me some money every time you make a mistake, I promise to give PMDG a percentage:Big Grin: How about virtual medical at $30 a go, £20 UK pilots. Make your cheques payable to PMDG & they can pass my cut to me.I think you hit it on the head though with nothing at risk in the sim. I'm gonna try hard with this new ngx & keep it real.

Its EGNJ Humberside to EGNJ Humberside for me. I do all my testing here. Fly out from runway 21, turn to the river Humber, over to Hull on the far side, turn and head for RW21 again to test the landing. After that its most likely learn the cold and dark scenario whilst parked up at EGCC or EGGP. Then roll out testing from EGCC Manchester or EGGP Liverpool to either EHAM Amsterdam or LEPA Palma, maybe both. Then the return journey/s, if I turn off first I usually save so I can head back from the exact same spot. I just wish PMDG models had an opening window, I love to open a window and signify I got there by feeling that virtual fresh air.Steve Brooks
I do most of my test flying at Humberside too and orbiting around the Ottringham VOR. Being Hull born and bred and using photo scenery I can spot homes of relatives below me! So when you take the NGX to Humberside, Steve, you will find a parking spot pre-prepared from my NGX beta flights :)

- Jane Whittaker