Sign in to follow this  
yycvor

Two CTDs...In two attempts

Not really, anything I should be aware of...
Yes, hence the recommendation to read it. :-)

Thats a shame, the idea of running my PC unprotected for hours, doesnt do much for me. Had bad experiences with MSE in the past. But alas I will try that when im home in 11 hours, I'll set up the same exact perameters. Sorry if this may have been in the introduction, I got way to excited to jump in and go.
Hey Shane, Norton is bloatware these days as far as I'm concerned, and it's protection value in my mind is questionable. That said, I myself have been quite happy with Microsoft Security Essentials, I never notice it's running and it's protected me in a couple cases so far. Seems like you have a nice clean system otherwise so this would be what I would try...Cam Jones

For me not protected is a non-issue as I am not surfing the net or opening e-mails as I am flying, hence my risk is drastically minimized. My home network is protected (ex security engineer here) so the desktop level protection is only relevant when I am doing something that would put the desktop system itself at risk which FS doesn't... :)That is just me though, in 15 years of simming I have never had personal FW or AV on my FS box but then again, my FS box only does FS, it does not even directly connect to the web, only uses Wide-FS to get to other "apps" on the network :)-Paul Solk
See I do surf the net, I use it to watch echo tops radars, metars, TAFs, flightplanning, charts etc etc. I share a router with the wife who cant fight her addiction to all the famous malware sites like tvshack, movies2k etc etc. I am like you though, My FS box is just FS.

See I do all of those things too Shane but I do them on an old E6600 system that is my "web" machine and is isolated on the network. It is also the only machine guests are ever allowed to use ;) Go figure...Good luck Shane, we will get you through it don't fret,-Paul Solk +1 on what others have said though, Norton=bloatware IMHO

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yes, hence the recommendation to read it. :-)
Untill you mentioned it, I never saw any recomendation to do so :) Cam, I'll try MSE once again.... If i get hit with a brutal virus in 48 hours of install like last time, ill send you a bill for my time spent formatting, installing, tweaking :)

Shane I always get ctd's in orbx scenery, especially in that area with heavy duty ac like pmdg, leveld, is the error g3d.dll? Try doing the same flight with the orbx switch set to default.

See I do all of those things too Shane but I do them on an old E6600 system that is my "web" machine and is isolated on the network. It is also the only machine guests are ever allowed to use ;) Go figure...Good luck Shane, we will get you through it don't fret,-Paul Solk +1 on what others have said though, Norton=bloatware IMHO
Im not worried, Im stuck at work playing with real NGs for the next 10 hours anyways, this thread will fall off the map, I will post a update when I get a chance, if this is the case then perhaps I'll be a example of what happens when you dont read the introduction for everyone else :) At least im hoping that its just this simple. :)

I, too, am 2 for 2 on CTDs. Using ATI's memory meter (can't think of the name right now) the first time ran out of main memory, then CTD'd. I turned down the scenery, airport, clouds, turned off anti-aliasing, changed to bilinear. The second just CTD'd suddenly while adding data to the CDU (same as the first time, but not the same place). Was setting up at KBFI for KSEA. FSDreamTeam KJFK was loaded, but obviously not used. Win XP Event viewer entry for the first CTD implied it ran out of memory. The second entry said the application suddenly exited. Besides the normal XP background services, here's what was running:

1. ATI Memory Tracker/meter
  2. Process Explorer
  3. RealTemp
  4. PMDG 737-800WL House Colors, no liveries loaded
  5. FSX+Acceleration, last reload April 10, 2011

Specs:Asus P6T, 6 GB RAM, Win XP Pro SP3 fully patchedi7-920 at 2.8GhZ, all BIOS settings at default1GB DDR5 VRAM Radeon HD 5770 (max 400 MB used)Saitek X52 HOTAS, no profile loaded.2 x 1 TB WD Caviar Green1 x 60GB WD SSD (not used, W7 about to be loaded there, though)2 x ODD I'll try again later in the day and report back. Dan "lensman" Davison

I always get ctd's in orbx scenery, especially in that area with heavy duty ac like pmdg, leveld, is the error g3d.dll?
+1 the g3d.dll, especially in the KSEA area

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I see you are running XP 32, is that standard or with the /3gb switch and LARGEADDRESSAWARE?Paul Solk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

+1 the g3d.dll, especially in the KSEA area
Shane I always get ctd's in orbx scenery, especially in that area with heavy duty ac like pmdg, leveld, is the error g3d.dll? Try doing the same flight with the orbx switch set to default.
I dont ever recall seeing g3d.dll anyware, just unhandled excecption, Ive flown several times with the MD-11 out of the YVR area, and in other payware in the YXX area, i have ORBX fully updated, and in default mode as far as I can recall. Hopeing its just bloatware norton.

Do you have FSX service pack 2 and/or Acceleration installed?
Do you recommend SP2 or Acceleration if I do go for a clean install ?thanks

too much, too soon....

using bojotes tweaks
Get rid of said tweaks with exception to HIGHMEMFIX=1 and try it again. Best regards,Robin.

Also experinced a CTD when closing FSX.. not a really big deal but it isn't nice either: Probleemhandtekening: Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH Naam van de toepassing: fsx.exe Versie van toepassing: 10.0.61637.0 Tijdstempel van toepassing: 46fadb14 Naam van foutmodule: PMDG_737NGX.DLL Versie van foutmodule: 1.0.0.0 Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 4e3afb98 Uitzonderingscode: c0000005 Uitzonderingsmarge: 00015103 Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Landinstelling-id: 1043 Sorry, its dutch, quick translation by Google gives this: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4e3afb98 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00015103 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1043