Sign in to follow this  
patrickbc

FSX crashes when exit.

Happens to me as well, I guess I will have to leave FS running all the time. :) -Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

I get this error sometimes and I don't have the NGX installed. Are you first ending the flight, returning to the free flight screen, then exiting FSX? That works for me.

Another trick aswell guys and thanks for reminding me Shane. If you first select where your departure airports is going to be then work your way around that way, so day or night next, then weather and then your aircraft try it .. works for me most of the time

I haven't tried it, but it can't be right, we have to do that everytime, we want to fly pmdg 737.Like i said before, it's a problem 7 and maybe more have, and it have to be solved.

I haven't tried it, but it can't be right, we have to do that everytime, we want to fly pmdg 737. Like i said before, it's a problem 7 and maybe more have, and it have to be solved.
Just follow my shutdown procedure and you should be fine. When I land and shutdown, I select "end flight", then at the free flight screen I exit FSX. No problems if I do it this way, although I must reiterate that I DO NOT have the NGX installed yet. Sadly, I must wait about 35-40 days until I return home.

Just follow my shutdown procedure and you should be fine. When I land and shutdown, I select "end flight", then at the free flight screen I exit FSX. No problems if I do it this way, although I must reiterate that I DO NOT have the NGX installed yet. Sadly, I must wait about 35-40 days until I return home.
Doesn't work for me. If I ESC->Exit no crash but ESC->End flight it'll crash.

I too also experience this issue. So far no crashing when running, but if I ESC then "End Flight", I get the free flight screen, then CTD. Message was "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered an error and must close". I'm running FSX Gold Deluxe version with Acceleration on Windows 7 64bit Ultimate, with REX and Ultimate Traffic 2.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Same here, no matter which way I end a flight. Intel i7 3.8ghz 570gtx win7 64 bit 6GB TAM. Norman

I'm getting the same error. I've just reinstalled my whole system according to a very optimised Windows 7 install method. Although I have only opened FSX once with the NGX, I do get a APPCRASH which I never used to get. My system specs are: Core i5 760, 4GB RAM, nVidia 460 GTX and I run FSX SP2, not Accel. With the number of people having the same issue, I do hope that this can be sorted out soon by PMDG.

Serious come on, i know there is a time difference between US and Europe, but come with some suggestions.

Ditto for me as well though I've only taken a few flights so far and haven't tweaked my system as suggested by PMDG guys.