Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737NGX Post Release Debrief Items!

my Throttles dont return to idle in decent when VNAV is active with decent page active =( They drop to around 45% but no lower . Just wondering if this is normal? I did a full decent from 33000ft right down to the Minimus of the runway but the aircraft was struggling to keep its speed down. The FMC commanded 290 or so knots but was pushing 320 untill I added some spoilers Apart from the speed building up it worked perfectly and followed the Required Vertical Navigation bars just find and kept lowering my speed as I dropped the flaps and got right down to my VREF+5 right at flaps 30! its most impressive to watch. Its strange but I have it set up so that my throttle controls are disabled when the Autothrottle in on but I can still pull the thrust back to proper IDLE using the F2 key without anything disconecting. Is this wrong? should I allow it to just do what it needs? I read the part on the tutorial that it should go to IDLE then ARM untill the the first restriction but my throttles are at 45% and ARM is white. Is this normal?

my Throttles dont return to idle in decent when VNAV is active with decent page active =( They drop to around 45% but no lower . Just wondering if this is normal? I did a full decent from 33000ft right down to the Minimus of the runway but the aircraft was struggling to keep its speed down. The FMC commanded 290 or so knots but was pushing 320 untill I added some spoilers Apart from the speed building up it worked perfectly and followed the Required Vertical Navigation bars just find and kept lowering my speed as I dropped the flaps and got right down to my VREF+5 right at flaps 30! its most impressive to watch. Its strange but I have it set up so that my throttle controls are disabled when the Autothrottle in on but I can still pull the thrust back to proper IDLE using the F2 key without anything disconecting. Is this wrong? should I allow it to just do what it needs? I read the part on the tutorial that it should go to IDLE then ARM untill the the first restriction but my throttles are at 45% and ARM is white. Is this normal?
There are other threads in here (search my user name as I have posted in some of those threads) were people are having the same issue to include climb issues including me. Throttles not going below 40-42%. Some of us are surmising its all related to the inability of the ngx and fsuipc to play nicely together. Unfortunately many require fsuipc to run hardware. So far it appears pmdg is not going to see this as an issue for them to correct. They have made mention that you can basically no longer do certain things through fsuipc that you can do with all other planes like running control axis through it, etc...

Eric 

I have a question about the system requirements. The minimums shown- are they the absolute bare minimum requirements? More specifically the video card. My card (a GeForce 6800) has 256mb memory and the requirements page says a 512mb card is minimum. Would I still be able to run the NGX at all or is this the absolute bare minimum that is listed? I'll give you more information about my computer. Geforce 6800 256mbIntel Pentium D Dual Core @3.00 and 2.99Windows XP SP32gb Ram Yes, I know it is a terrible machine but at the moment I am unable to upgrade to a better system. However I am absolutely astounded by the NGX and would love to get it. So, do you think my system can still run it? Thanks PMDG for all of your extreme effort. Matthew Kraemer.

It is normal to have higher n1 while in flight. There is also a thing called flight idle which, on top of the higher n1 at higher altitudes, makes the n1 be at around 32-35 during approach and flare. This happens on the real plane, and pmdg have simulated. It is normal to have higher n1 when high up, but you also won't go completely to idle even when flaring because of the flight idle which default planes don't exhibit. You also might see your thrust levers moving forward a bit despite you setting idle thrust, but this is the only way to get around FSX and simulate flight idle.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Great simulator! After the mandatory "school-circle", I can tell you men that this product is awsome!The manuals are correct, the bird flies as she does fly in real world. So, great job PMDG! Great job!Special thanks for the Malev liveries in the base pack! Awaiting the 600-700 expansion packs!

PMDG IT's true there are a little problem wich need patch but we have to don't forget that your product is wonderful . I mean nobody create aircraft simulation like you ; you can be very proud of your works . 737 NGX is the most perfect aircraft of all the addon , the realism is never seen before ; congratulations ; ) ( sorry for my english i'm french , hope you understand )

AJ- Armen does an absolutely magnificent job in preparing sounds for the airplane. If you want to see how difficult his job was- take a cruise through the FSX/SOUND/PMDG/PMDG 737NGX directory. You will find hundreds of sound files in there- all of which had to be coded by the development team as Armen produced them and spent months tweaking and tuning them to match the audio environment of the airplane... He does great work!
Totally agree! Armen did an outstanding job on the NGX sound set. It's absolutely amazing, unlike any other product. I've tested a lot of sound packages, both freeware and payware but no one gets even close to this. Like I said in a previous reply, I just love to tune up my 5.1 speakers and apply take-off thrust in the NGX :D It's music to my ears! :PMy neighbors must think I'm crazy, haha.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

When I choose Cold&Dark in the FMC, I cannot turn off the parkingbrake!

When I choose Cold&Dark in the FMC, I cannot turn off the parkingbrake!
Please check that the chocks are in place...they usually are if starting with cold & dark and thus the FSX parking brake indication (the red box with white letters) will appear even though the "real" parking brake isn't engaged.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I have a question about the system requirements. The minimums shown- are they the absolute bare minimum requirements? More specifically the video card. My card (a GeForce 6800) has 256mb memory and the requirements page says a 512mb card is minimum. Would I still be able to run the NGX at all or is this the absolute bare minimum that is listed? I'll give you more information about my computer. Geforce 6800 256mbIntel Pentium D Dual Core @3.00 and 2.99Windows XP SP32gb Ram Yes, I know it is a terrible machine but at the moment I am unable to upgrade to a better system. However I am absolutely astounded by the NGX and would love to get it. So, do you think my system can still run it? Thanks PMDG for all of your extreme effort. Matthew Kraemer.
You might be able to run it, but it's going to be a slide show. I've got a slightly better computer than you do, Athlon 3500 w/7800GTX and the NGX brings my computer to its knees. Oddly though, I have no problems running the MD11 and the 747X. Based on m experience, I would not recommend it. -jr

Bought last night, A big thanks to PMDG, best add on in the history of FSX,,,,,

Ray Vlasek

Thanks jr, a slide show is definitely a good description. Hopefully I can get an upgraded computer soon then.