Sign in to follow this  
tknudsen

RIP David "Opa" Marshal

Now my heart is sadden with sorrows as I was stunned to read about David Marshal on the front page.He was a dear college and a friend whom will be dearly missed. When I worked with David on AVSIM.com, we had many good talks and we always found a way to laugh about those silly things.David has been an inspiration and a tremendous assets to the Flight Simulator Community over the years. You will be dearly missed David, my thoughts goes out to his family. Rest in peace dear friend.

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Oh, my God! Opa was great help on the forum and he always answered any questions and PM's directed at him. Very, very sorry to hear this and my deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

I just read about this and I'm stunned. Its very sad news. David worked with us in the Library a while ago. We joined the team at the same time and I was lucky to have him as a colleague. A wonderful person and a pleasure to work with. His contributions to Flight simulation have been tremendous. Opa, you will be missed. RIP.

This is so sad news. ""Opa" Dawid Marshal was such a helpfull person. I will miss him deeply. He will not be forgotten. My deepest condolences to his family. 3424262525_6f2892b32a_o.jpg Schlaf gut, "Opa"... Dedl

Opa will be missed dearly, he was a very hard working volunteer in this community and was the most selfless man I've ever encountered. RIP Opa

I'm simply stunned. Opa will indeed be sorely missed. He was both my friend and my model for selfless behavior.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Like others, I have been shocked to hear of David's death.I corresponded with David on a number of occasions and he was always enthusiastic and a real gentleman. He was a great contributor to Avsim and will be sorely missed.R I P David. Mike

I was extremely saddened to hear of David's passing. He was an outstanding asset to the flight sim community, in addition to being a pure gentleman. He will be sadly missed by all of us. Rest in peace David Opa Marshall. A friend,orbmis

Many times David "Opa" Marshall has went out of his way to help me. I found him to be kind, and very patient. I will miss him much. The Flight Sim community has suffered a great loss at his passing. My condolences to his family. R.I.P "Opa"

Very Sad news, I have read so many of his posts from the past. I also remember one that helped me last year. I hope that Tom might consider nameinga section of the Avsim forum in his name. So he is never lost to the Flightsim world and his legacy lives on. My condolences to his family . RIP OPA Cheers Greg

i was shocked to hear David had died last Thursday August fourth.What a wonderful person!David "Opa" Marshal had allowed me to translate his tips&tricks in Dutch for my small magazine[posted here on AVSIM every 3rd saturday]A legend in his time. He was one of those people that made our FS community strong.Helpful, kind, unselfish and fun. He will be missed.My toughts go out to mrs. Marshall, the children and grandchildren.Joost Visser [NL] EHMZ

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=30928What a wonderful person!
Thank you for the picture - Its exactly the way we should remember Opa!Indeed, a wonderful person. We will all miss him.

I opened this Forum purely by chance today and was shocked to hear of "Opas" death. I had a problem with FS9 and Opa was the only person who offered to help, so much so he gave me his Email address and we communicated the problem that way. A sad day indeed. RIP. richard welsh.