Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Livery and Livery Manager issues - how to resolve

Hi Ryan . . . I did the early fix where I went into each of the aircraft cfg. files and simply clicked off the read-only button in properties. Since then, liveries and manager have been working fine. Think I need this new fix?Thank you.

I found that the texture.common, texture.vc is missing for 800WL , 900 and 900WL, what's the problem? Need I reinsatll 737NGX ?

I found that the texture.common, texture.vc is missing for 800WL , 900 and 900WL, what's the problem? Need I reinsatll 737NGX ?
That is how it is meant to be. The texture.cfg file in the other three revert to the 800NGX - that file is in each livery which has been deleted. The file will be in the livery folders when you download them.
  • Upvote 1

OK, update here. I carried out the above procedure in conjunction with visiting that site (Venetubo) that offers to reconfigure your fsx.cfg file. Doing this is encouraged in the NGX 'Intro' manual. This is what killed my FSX, not doing the above. I strongly advise people to tread carefully with that site. I could not even START FSX after I used their recommendations. I know it's free and you are warned to make a back-up (which I am back now using) but still, it's a bit rubbish.
There's a shed-load of people who would disagree with you on that.
  • Upvote 1

Nope, your install is fine.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

This process worked for me. Thanks Ryan.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

i assume i posted this in the wrong section, so here i post it a gain.Noted (misses in repaint)In the United 900 in the night it say KLM in WLSAS 800 With No WL the front part of the aircraft have different colour then the other part of the body!ThanksRichardson

Hi Ryan . . . I did the early fix where I went into each of the aircraft cfg. files and simply clicked off the read-only button in properties. Since then, liveries and manager have been working fine. Think I need this new fix?Thank you.
How do you get rid of the Read Only problem?

Open the Explorer, right click on the aircraft.cfg files in each folder, click on "properties" and uncheck "Read only"

Hi . . .here's the fix that was first suggested. Not sure how it interacts with the steps outlined above . . . Go to your SimObjects/Airplanes folder and find the four 737NGX folders there (800, 800WL, 900, 900WL) - open each folder and find the aircraft.cfg file - right click it and choose Properties at the bottom. At the bottom of the resulting window, uncheck "Read Only", press Apply, and then OK. Do that for all four cfgs and it should fix the issue. This happened due to a mistake in the compiling of the installer.

Had the livery manager problem and used your recommendation for the fix. I followed the fix to the letter and everything worked OK. Only comment is that on FSX start up I am reminded that there are several files withe same name ie; pmdg livery. This is an easy one to fix. I have another comment re: the activation; it would be easier if you used the term " activation code" consistently throughout, rather than use " license" as the code. The NGX is a marvellous sim and you all deserve medals for producing such a fantastic airplane.

Guys, I'm really sorry - I screwed up on part of this guide last night. (this is what I get for writing it at 4AM last night after 16 hours of support work) Some of you are going to have to reinstall the plane if you deleted the texture.vc and texture.common and texture.900 folders. I just wasn't thinking straight - I meant for you to just delete just the livery folders ie "texture.UA" "texture.SK" etc and I only mentioned not deleting texture.pmdg but left out texture.vc and texture.common too. Really sorry about that. If you're getting fatal errors and stuff, uninstall the NGX through Control Panel and then redownload from your original purchase link - that'll get you the latest version without the read-only CFG files and everything will work. You do not need to go through this procedure from this thread's original post if you uninstall and redownload and install using the latest installer.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guys, I'm really sorry - I screwed up on part of this guide last night. (this is what I get for writing it at 4AM last night after 16 hours of support work) Some of you are going to have to reinstall the plane if you deleted the texture.vc and texture.common folders. I just wasn't thinking straight - I meant for you to just delete just the livery folders ie "texture.UA" "texture.SK" etc and I only mentioned not deleting texture.pmdg but left out texture.vc and texture.common too. Really sorry about that. If you're getting fatal errors and stuff, uninstall the NGX through Control Panel and then redownload from your original purchase link - that'll get you the latest version without the read-only CFG files and everything will work. You do not need to go through this procedure from this thread's original post if you uninstall and redownload and install using the latest installer.
Erm, does the same not also apply to the texture folder texture.900 inside the folder PMDG 737-900NGX ? I believe this is also a default texture folder, i.e. not part of a livery download? unsure.png