Sign in to follow this  
vhrob

How to undo Start Cold & Dark?

I have had a play with the PMDG and MSFS options, including setting the start up panel state as C&D. I can't get the aircraft started now and want to go back to "engines running" on start up until I get it worked out. Any help please?

Navigate to this file: "....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini" and remove the line I have bolded. Will normally be the 3rd line from the bottom. ......SoundGroupValue.4=1.00SoundGroupValue.5=1.00[Aircraft Config]FixedConfig=[Panel State]StartupPanelState=NGX CLDDRK[FMC]LastPosLatLon=N5705.6E00950.0

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I have had a play with the PMDG and MSFS options, including setting the start up panel state as C&D. I can't get the aircraft started now and want to go back to "engines running" on start up until I get it worked out. Any help please?
I haven't tried this myself yet, but in a cold & dark cockpit you can also access the FMS based setup/configuration menus by pressing and holding the MENU button on the CDU until the CDU screen lights up (refer NGX Introduction document, page 43).

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions. Removing the .ini file did the trick. Emile, yes I could get into the CDU but there is no "engines running" option. Rob

One thing you could do, if you want to try again the cold and dark, is to save the default engines running panel state, so you will have it available if needed.

Fabrizio Sassi

No need to edit ini files, you can choose the default panel state on the CDU, and yes, holding the menu key on the CDU allows you to access the PMDG menus when the aircraft is unpowered.

No need to edit ini files, you can choose the default panel state on the CDU, and yes, holding the menu key on the CDU allows you to access the PMDG menus when the aircraft is unpowered.
Thanks for the tip, mate. I didnt notice that "default" prompt until now. I used to just change the set-up state everytime I loaded the aircraft.

I had the same issue, but I solved it my just deleting what I had put in the start up panel state section in the FMC and leaving it blank. The plane now loads with engines running as it did after the clean install.

One thing you could do, if you want to try again the cold and dark, is to save the default engines running panel state, so you will have it available if needed.
Can u explain this in detail, because when I try to save a panel state I name it and it doesnt show up on the load panel state list afterwards??

Can u explain this in detail, because when I try to save a panel state I name it and it doesnt show up on the load panel state list afterwards??
Hello Anonymous,Did you check your folder for your saved flight (mine was test).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I have had a play with the PMDG and MSFS options, including setting the start up panel state as C&D. I can't get the aircraft started now and want to go back to "engines running" on start up until I get it worked out.Any help please?
It's not so hard to start the NG. Battery on - Start APU - Switch on the 2 middle generator switches - open APU bleed - start 1 engine and fuel switch on, at a time - Voila Whistle.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks for the suggestions. Removing the .ini file did the trick.Emile, yes I could get into the CDU but there is no "engines running" option.Rob
It is call DEFAULT (panel state name).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Josh.Are you running Windows 7 or Vista? 'cos if you are the panel state won't save unless you're running FSX as Administrator.Kevin O'Connell

Kevin O'Connell

Hi Josh.Are you running Windows 7 or Vista? 'cos if you are the panel state won't save unless you're running FSX as Administrator.Kevin O'Connell
Oh u know what, I think ur right. I cant remember if i opened it as admin which means i most likely didnt. Thanks ill let u know if it didnt work when i try it later on.

Folks,I totally understand saving the panel state - but ths doesn't actually save the panels sizes or locations on the screen. Is that possible ? Id even edit the panel.cfg is someone would explain which line to edit to rezie the panels.Anyone ???