Sign in to follow this  
N1G

"Shade" for FSX

Guest firehawk44
I always subscribe to notifications about updates (FSS) but I never get any.. did you guys got notifications about Shade updates? If you have a lot of addons it's hard to monitor all those forums and websites but I rarely get any notifications from any flightsim webstore even though I always subscribe.
Another reason why we have AVSIM.... Best regards,Jim
Yes, it shows only as "ShadeWrapper.exe." It is v1.02 so you will have to uninstall the previous version.
You do not have to uninstall the previous version. Best regards,Jim

I always subscribe to notifications about updates (FSS) but I never get any.. did you guys got notifications about Shade updates? If you have a lot of addons it's hard to monitor all those forums and websites but I rarely get any notifications from any flightsim webstore even though I always subscribe.
I also don't get any notifications - so I found out a new way: [searchInKey]=&period=month&followedItemsOnly=0&userMode=all"]http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums&sid=c00e5e847a50317919784ef1a4c307df&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&period=month&followedItemsOnly=0&userMode=allI hope this works for you too.

Yes I subscribe to them aswell and never get any, maby for a future update the developers could add a check for updates feature to the gui, not a big deal though.

sux, it sounds same as sucks!LOL.gif The reason is that it darkens the terrain and virtual cockpit very much. In night, you can barely see anything. I have tried changing a lot of settings, but nothing worked. And if Mogwaisoft wanted to make this addon to really caste a shade on FSX then why they made menu too complicated. I know it is loaded with bunch of themes or colors or whatever but tell me, have you got enough time to select the one in million as per your likings. I prefer ENB series because in night you can turn it off so that you can see everything and in day time it castes and an amazing effect in skies. Moreover ENB series is freeware------------ +1. I just want to tell you an experience of mine:It was a beautiful morning, in the spring weather. I set the weather theme to ORBX 6. Took the PMDG 737 900 NGX W/L and planned a flight from KMCO to KJFK. At the airport I struggled to see the buttons on the panel. After the takeoff, autopilot button was barely visible, the overhead panel was just like a dark pit and the jump seat view of cockpit was totally black. I instantly guessed that Shade addon has messed up. And from that day, I stopped using it.That's my review, choices differ from person to person. For most of you it may be nice to have such effects, but for me----------yuk!

Turn off enb when using shade and things are gonna be ok!Still doesn't mean you can say it sucks. Understand the difference.

does shade for fsx work in dx 10 mod?
I think not. I think this has been mentioned several times...

OK

Another satisified customer here. My experiences: With the GA flights in which I exclusively spend my FSX time, the depth of field it adds really makes the experience more immersive. I'm only upset by all the hours 'wasted' not flying with this addon LOL.gif, and I've yet the scratch the surface of its capabilities. It's not perfect but I gladly accept its limitations for the eyecandy it adds, especially at its modest price. BTW, I find the ENB mod enhances its effect rather than detracts.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I am very happy with the visuals and can now get rid of ENB as it has caused considerable stability issues. Shade cannot completely provide what I was used to with ENB, but compromise will always be a key factor with FSX. Bob

does shade for fsx work in dx 10 mod?
Shade works fine in DX10 mode, it's ENB that doesn't.

OK I just bought Shade I set up a flight to fly down the valley towards LOWI ('Approaching Innsbruck') about an hour before dusk (ASE vis was 10+ SM) and took a video with FRAPS. Then I fired up FSX with Shade (no ENB) and flew the same flight whilst watching the video on my other monitor and comparing the two. Well the difference is simply amazing, the lighting is so much more realistic and FSX just looks drab and washed out in comparison. Best £7 I've spent in a while. happy-dog.jpg

I Agree,this has really refreshed my FSX Experience.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Neat add on but now my cockpits are ridiculously dark. Where the heck is that dome light switch...

I just now picked this up, thanks to the mostly positive posts made in this thread. Will set it up shortly and hope it works well for me, too.

Alexander Alonso