Sign in to follow this  
N1G

"Shade" for FSX

yeah, I'm starting to wonder about this one......at least it was only $10!!On a slightly different subject, is there an updated version of the d3d9.dll for ENB?The one I obtained from Orbx keeps crashing my sim.I have tried with Afterburner, without Afterburner etc and the only thing that stops it happening is to remove the .dll totally.

Thanks J van E for the info.Won' t try that one out, like all the other stuff I tried, and removed!Have a whole locker full of stuff.. :(

Edited by Tor

LOL Well, don't forget there are people who DO like it... :(

Yeah I've been using it with "Mark's Final" since release... I mainly like the shadows on the hills/mountains and sides of the planes on screenshots... and the Mark's Final gives me that without any noticeable bad effects on the VC or clouds. I did the "install and forget" mode and happy ever since :(

--John near KPAE

Me too. Great little addon. It's not only about the shadows for me, but also about the light values. The GUI allows to see what FSX default used and what Shade makes of it. Quite a difference.For the folks looking for the Shade + ENB combo, maybe this thread helps. It mainly sums up the free REX ENB mod plus a tweak on the actual darkness and then you may add Shade to the game. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/40296-natural-enbplus/page__p__353348#entry353348Might be a little tweak and fiddle, but that combo runs nice and stable here, even with the touchy NGX. The looks are great and the night still receives a more darker touch than with FSX at default, where it's just too bright.

I just got this addon last night, and while I don't want to dramatize things, I gotta say, this has totally revolutionized the way FSX looks to me. I do a lot of bush flying in the PNW region and flying in the valleys/mountains in the morning and at dusk is breathtaking, with the dark shadows cast on the mountains and such.

I've been flying in norway for some time now, with mesh resolution and texture resolution and LOD all to the right - very nice all in all. But with Shade on (as well as ENB GTA mod) I must say it couldn't be more beautifull - I especially like the shadows on the hills and mountains - it really makes a high level of mesh scenery look even better! I use the Chilly winter preset, and I think it was definately worth every penny.I used it with ENB and the NGX without any problems - along with AS2012... I highly recommend this..Mas

Well, I bought Shade today. Now I'm having a problem choosing a preset, seeing how many they are! I have a folder with "Presets" and then two more folders with presets from versions 1.01 and 1.02.Now, Is there a place with screenshots comparing all these presets? What preset are you guys using the most?

Hello,There are comparison shots here of all the presets that were included in Shade 1.0. You can have a look and see what they do there.Regards,Clem

Thank you both. I saw the comparison shots, too bad there's none of the newer versions. Anyway, I ended up trying the Default 1.01 and I'm pretty happy with it, so I think I'll stick with it.Thanks guys! :D

Wow. That is all I can say. Downloaded Shade a couple of days ago and well worth the $11. Combined with REX and Horizon photoscenery the effect is stunning. Even GEX EU looks better. No ENB ever used as I'm on DX10 and I use its light bloom.

Does this fix the problem with flickering ground textures at addon airports with ground scenery cast shadows enabled in the fsx menu? I like the look of default ground shadows but dislike the performance hit and graphic flickering.