Sign in to follow this  
N1G

"Shade" for FSX

Hi Al I do at least 95% of flying in daylight hours and, currently in the NGX. Shade really does darken the VC beyond what I feel is acceptable..However, during daylight hours, the easy answer for this is simply to fly with a dimmed dome light. Works a treat
That's exactly what I do, and it does work a treat.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Anyone know how you can restore the FSX default? My night lighting looks awful and I want to remove this. According to the manual, not running Shade will default FSX back how it was, but it isn't doing that and I'm stuck with it looking dreadful now. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Eeeek! I take it you didn't run the backup first then AlShocked.gif

Uninstall the old one then launch the new one.
The setup file on the FSS server still looks to be exactly the same as before. No reference to version numbers.

Anyone know how you can restore the FSX default? My night lighting looks awful and I want to remove this. According to the manual, not running Shade will default FSX back how it was, but it isn't doing that and I'm stuck with it looking dreadful now. Al
Download the default values (as presets) here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1958-shade-fsx-fs9-default-pre-sets/ I believe you can then install this "default" preset to regain the FSX originals. Good luck, Alan...

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Eeeek! I take it you didn't run the backup first then AlShocked.gif The setup file on the FSS server still looks to be exactly the same as before. No reference to version numbers.
Yes, I did, that's why I was puzzled and curious about how to fix it, but no worries, initially I tried quitting FSX to get it to sort itself out, but in the end I had to restart the computer to get it to kick in, dunno why that should be the case, but it worked and is sorted now. Probably me doing something wrong, I got Win 7 only recently and I'm still figuring it out LOL Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I really like how Shade makes GEX Europe in the UK/Ireland area much more green than depicted without Shade. I think the VC darkening is a bit too much and will opt out of using Shade for now, but is there anyway I can get that greener effect for the UK using enbseries?

Does anyone knows when the FFS download page will be updated?Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thats the big question here is a quote from Steve the developer Hey guysSorry there was a problem with the interim file host and the update package got removed,as where in diff time zones i did know about this till later this morning,so i had to reload and sent the link again (my ISP mail kills all zip/exe files so it needs to get passed via a 3rd party host)If you visit the Shade FFS page you can signup to be notified when its ready togoAgain sorry for the delay sad.giffrom 1.02 onwards i'll release updates as patches and host them myself so it should be quicker for everyone to grab them,as shade will be going up on simmarket soon this will allow ppl from different suppliers to update without having to wait on the store front to update the core packageAs i said im pretty new to this Payware stuff & im still finding my feet so i hope you can allow me some grace heheCheerssteve

Rich Sennett

New version out just redownload the file you originally did, its not marked new but it is, I just installed over the ols one so I now have the old and some new presets, have fun.

Rich Sennett

Yep, the newer version is available now...the package has now 3.64 Mb, the former one had about 3.3 I'm downloading and very looking forward to these 340 kb LOL.gif

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where can I get the update rather than purchasing a new version? Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Just log in to your FSS account and watch your previous orders. You will find the download links there and, as the installer was updated, your download then gives you 1.01. smile.png

Thanks guys, got it!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Bought this the other day and after having a good play around with all the settings today, I'm unsure how I feel about it. Certainly does produce some nice scenery effects, but in order for them to really look impressive you have to just deal with the VC's being almost blacked out when flying into the sun. To then turn the shadows down to address that issue, you just end up with far less impressive scenery effects. May well be able to find a personal preference middle ground somewhere, but it's still a bit of a disappointment that we can't have the best of both worlds.
Yeah, it's almost like ACES Studios chose the default light/shadow values for a reason, isn't it? wink.png The reason why we can't have the best of both worlds is the limited light value range in the sim. You can only have very dark shadows and very bright highlights when the range is expanded by HDR. And that's exactly why the ENB plug-in does what it does instead of just changing the light/shadow values of the shaders.
That coupled with the fact that the scenery shadow effects are only really visible for a short window at pre/post dawn/dusk, make me wonder whether I'll keep running this.
I feel the same. I bought it, tried it quite a bit and so far I don't like the result too much. Either the effect is hardly noticable or it's noticable but looks like someone poured a bucket of coal over my sim, making it look very dark and not realistic at all (sunny days in the real world hurt in the eyes and don't make me want to switch on a light) . I will keep trying, but if I don't find a satisfactory result soon, I'll probably ditch it again and consider the spent money a donation for a talented guy. happy.png