Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

AoA's First Training Video Now Available

Hi there The AOA videos are awesome, does anyone know whatutility they use to move around the cockpit? It doesn't look like Trackir. cheers,Chris
EZDOK - They configure certain angles which is really easy and you can assign them to certain key assignments.

If you subscribe to their training you even get the EZDOK camera settings for the planes they offer training for. So that is a nice bonus, as Nick is VERY talented with setting those up.

I'll probably purchase once the initial hype dies down and if AOA can stay consistent on releases.

The lighting video preview (on YouTube) looks awesome, but, at this point, I'm inclined to wait. I'd just as soon leave the $80 in my bank account where it can earn interest, which is more than the money will do if I buy the Captain's Package now. Just from a business/marketing stand point, AoA really should consider releasing a development timeline.Trevor

The lighting video preview (on YouTube) looks awesome, but, at this point, I'm inclined to wait. I'd just as soon leave the $80 in my bank account where it can earn interest, which is more than the money will do if I buy the Captain's Package now. Just from a business/marketing stand point, AoA really should consider releasing a development timeline. Trevor
Thats excatkly what i been telling them for weeks...

Since iam not in the business of making documentary or instructional videos i dont know how long it takes to produce, if you have been following their web site you would have heard the latest news they had put out in the audio link. I rather let them take their time and get it right the first time, not to rush and have errors in it . The point about leaving the 80 Dollars in the bank to make interest is a good point but iam sure the tax man will too since iam sure he would like a share of the interest :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Since iam not in the business of making documentary or instructional videos i dont know how long it takes to produce, if you have been following their web site you would have heard the latest news they had put out in the audio link. I rather let them take their time and get it right the first time, not to rush and have errors in it . The point about leaving the 80 Dollars in the bank to make interest is a good point but iam sure the tax man will too since iam sure he would like a share of the interest :)
I agree. I want them to take their time and make a quality product. There is just no point in committing today's dollars to a product that has an uncertain time line. Even if interest income is taxed, the adage about the time value of money remains true: today's money is worth more than tomorrow's. PV=FV(1+r)^(-t) It really is that simple. Business people (should) know this.

I know...and even if you ask them ten more times, they won´t give out a timeline. I can understand that! They are aiming for at least one video a week, more when they are deeper in the production. That is all you will get from them.

I was an Aviator Pro member, but dropped it after the releases got fewer and farther between. The last couple releases were podcasts. I'm sure the Captains package won't be complete for at least a year.

I was an Aviator Pro member, but dropped it after the releases got fewer and farther between. The last couple releases were podcasts. I'm sure the Captains package won't be complete for at least a year.
oh i didnt know you work for aoa thanks for letting us the know when they going to be fininshed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I know...and even if you ask them ten more times, they won´t give out a timeline. I can understand that! They are aiming for at least one video a week, more when they are deeper in the production. That is all you will get from them.
And thats fine for me. But at first they didnt even give us the "one video a week" information..... Chris also mentioent that when the poduciton is running, there will me more then one video a week. Imagin. One video a week for the whole series.... Then the Training will be finsihed within what? 5 Years? ;)

Imagin. One video a week for the whole series.... Then the Training will be finsihed within what? 5 Years? ;)
43 episodes for groundwork and 9 episodes for flightwork = 52 episodes and if 1 episode each week -> 1year to complete the series :)the other training from AoA also took around 1year until they finished them ...

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

oh i didnt know you work for aoa thanks for letting us the know when they going to be fininshed
Sorry for being realistic, but those guys do have RL jobs. They are not some big production house that can churn out videos at the drop of a dime. They do great work as I own about all their videos and I miss my aviatorpro fix, but for those that are looking for a concrete schedule should be forewarned.

Actualy, Ohsirus, this is their job (At least for Chris). But it does take some time to get whole team (for some of them it might not be their RL job) organize and efficiant at producing the video for the training. It's a lot more work than producing a video for Av pro. Jeremy